Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTD confirmed! 4 specials [i]in addition[i/] to the 2008 Christmas special, so all in all 5. 2008 Xmas special + two more are written by RTD, one co-written by RTD and Gareth Roberts (The Shakespeare Code, The Unicorn and the Wasp, and SJA's Invasion of the Bane and Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?) and one co-written by RTD and Phil Ford (Torchwood's Something Borrowed and SJA's Eye of the Gorgon and The Lost Boy).

Squee.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Moffat Looks Ahead
      Steven Moffat, who is set to take over the job of executive producer of the BBC's Doctor Who from current show runner Russell T. Davies, told SCI FI Wire that he is currently planning the fifth season of the new incarnation, due to air in 2010 following a series of five specials next year.

"It's all happening in this head," Moffat said in an interview at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 23. "I know where I want it to start. I don't mean to make it sound very grand. It's very simple, just where I want it to be when it takes off. So [Russell's] arranged for that."

Moffat, who has written some of the most popular episodes of the new series so far, said that his new role as executive producer will require him to approach writing from an entirely different perspective.
      More at Sci-Fi Wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        RTD confirmed! 4 specials [i]in addition[i/] to the 2008 Christmas special, so all in all 5. 2008 Xmas special + two more are written by RTD, one co-written by RTD and Gareth Roberts (The Shakespeare Code, The Unicorn and the Wasp, and SJA's Invasion of the Bane and Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?) and one co-written by RTD and Phil Ford (Torchwood's Something Borrowed and SJA's Eye of the Gorgon and The Lost Boy).

Squee.
        Squeeeeeeeeeeee indeed!
        sigpic

Comment

Nyshe! I'm so looking forward to a moffaty-woffaty kind of Doctor Who when it returns. 2010 feels like such a long long way off, though. Here's hoping the specials will be 'special!'
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Chicago Tribune

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....con-dispa.html

It’s hard not to encounter delays – sometimes pleasurable ones – everywhere you go at San Diego Comic-Con.

Arriving at the annual convention of comic-book enthusiasts and pop-culture connoisseurs on Thursday, I meant to go straight to the “Doctor Who” panel that was about to take place. But I spotted the Lego booth on the vast convention floor, which is jammed with all manner of comic books, posters, t-Shirts, toy booths and movie-marketing paraphernalia, and I gladly spent some time selecting Lego “Star Wars” keychains (no Boba Fett this year, darn).

Arriving for the “Doctor Who” panel a few minutes late, I noticed that Russell T. Davies, the writer who has been overseeing the most recent incarnation of the venerable British sci-fi franchise, hadn’t arrived at all. It turns out that a traffic accident on I-5, the main route from Los Angeles to San Diego, had created a huge traffic jam and many other celebrity attendees didn’t make it to the convention center on time.

FULL ARTICLE, with links to more, at link above

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7531310.stm

The Moff rocks my socks.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                Three cheers for Steven Moffat, no more Daleks and Cybermen

HIP HIP.....HOORAY

HIP HIP.....HOORAY

HIP HIP.....HOORAY

Comment

For he's a jolly good fellow...

Madeleine

Comment

I wouldn't rush to assume we've seen the last of the Daleks jsut yet. Maybe til 2011, but I'm prety sure they'll show up again at some point or the other
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hopefully not until 2012, then with any luck they'll blow up the London Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        I wouldn't rush to assume we've seen the last of the Daleks jsut yet. Maybe til 2011, but I'm prety sure they'll show up again at some point or the other
                        Yeah, you can't have Dr. Who without the Daleks.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Hopefully not until 2012, then with any luck they'll blow up the London Olympics
                        Now now, no need to be nasty...
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Woooohooo for more Moffat monsters!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Now now, no need to be nasty...
                            You do realise that after the Beijing Games, 'London 2012' is going to be rammed down our throats at every opportunity (Like it's not already) and by 2010 you are going to wish that the Daleks would take out the London Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Yeah, you can't have Dr. Who without the Daleks.
                              Yes. Yes you can. Many of the new series problems stem from trying to stick too hard and fast to the old. Yes, it was good to bring the Daleks back, but honestly I was sick to death of them. They were never brought out so regularly in the original (Tom Baker was, I think, the last Doctor to face the Daleks more than once, and he only had to deal with them twice in seven years).

Saying that, I'm, sure they will show up again, but hopefully not for several years and not until they have a really good idea for them. I think this last appearance was saved by the presence of the old companions to take them really seriously and of Davros to give them a different spin, but they were getting stale and the Daleks should never feel same old same old.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hear hear, I was getting sick of the Daleks showing up every year, even the Classic Who fans were getting fed up, The Daleks appearing used to be something eagerly awaited but now it's "On, the Dalek's again, I wonder what's happening next week"

Comment

Working...
                                X