Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy sounds like he has some serious issues. extreme obsession with anything is bad, whether it be a television series or alcohol, so if the guy feels he needs something else in his life that's fine, but to refer to the show as "evil" is wrong imo.

i'm a Christian and i love DW. i have the cardboard models (poorly made by myself), a sonic screwdriver and K9!
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      That guy sounds like he has some serious issues. extreme obsession with anything is bad, whether it be a television series or alcohol, so if the guy feels he needs something else in his life that's fine, but to refer to the show as "evil" is wrong imo.

i'm a Christian and i love DW. i have the cardboard models (poorly made by myself), a sonic screwdriver and K9!
      I couldn't agree more.

"All things in moderation"

A good friend of mine on the Dr. Who Forum is a Church of England Minister, I'm sure he'd be rather worried about this fellow as well.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by orii7 View Post
        If that man lived near me, he would be given a one-way ticket to Satan from me. NO ONE SAYS DOCTOR WHO IS EVIL!!!!

Maybe we should sick The Daleks, Cybermen (Mondos not cheesy-steel ones) on him?
        to be fair, it did say he had bi-polar disorder, that would explain the sudden change in attitude
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

So we have an official start date and time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/

we already knew, guessed the date but the time? Is this new?

6.20 pm? I thought the show was screened around 7.30? Maybe it was a time-zone thing and I got confused, also it is screened here at 7.30

The Official Site is undergoing a revamp, I am worried now that the revamped might block overseas folks from access. They haven't said anything but it seems to be an ever increasing trend these days... The ABC here doesn't have a site for the show it just links you to the BBC one so if they block us we get nothing... just like Torchwood.

I know wait and see but I love The Doctor Who site.

Comment

The 6:20 timeslot is indeed new. It used to be 7pm, or as close as they could get to that.

And RTD is none too pleased with the change...

Russell T Davies is predicting that Doctor Who could lose up to 1.5m viewers when it returns in a new 6.20pm slot next month.

The writer and executive producer of the series told the Broadcast television drama conference today that the BBC should maintain the later 7pm-7.15pm slot and the budget for the sci-fi series but it had mucked it up.
            Gallifrey One - The Doctor Who News Page

Comment

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle969477.ece

HERE’S Doctor Who star David Tennant taking a turn as a real medic for a hilarious Carry On-style comedy sketch.

On tonight’s Friday Night Project, hosts Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins poke fun at the Doctor’s lack of medical skills – by forcing guest host David to tend to a sick Cyberman and a triple-breasted alien

David also dons a kilt in a skit where he plays his own father and gets out the stonewashed denim to lampoon singing Scottish duo The Proclaimers.

Travel into the future like the Doctor himself by taking a peak at David in action in our slideshow.

--probably already aired due to time difference, but there are 10 photos of David on the site

Oh, and there are several other articles on this page. They're easy to spot in the box, and it links to a shot of a guest actor being menaced by a giant wasp

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                The 6:20 timeslot is indeed new. It used to be 7pm, or as close as they could get to that.

And RTD is none too pleased with the change...

Gallifrey One - The Doctor Who News Page
                Hmm, I thought it was new and a little early...

Interview with Russell (Telegraph) where he confirms (I think we already knew this but...) he will leave the show next year after the two "specials". Not sure what upset me more, him leaving or only having two specials for a whole year! A whole year!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...vsunfeat29.xml

Comment

As part of the tribute night to Verity Lambert (one of the show's original producers) on April 5, BBC Four is showing the first three parts of 'The Daleks', with the other four parts being shown over the following week.

April 5:
                  8.30pm Doctor Who: The Dead Planet
                  8.55pm Doctor Who: The Survivors
                  9.20pm Doctor Who: The Escape
                  9.50pm Verity Lambert: Drama Queen
                  Tribute to the woman whose work ranged from the original Doctor Who to Jonathan Creek and included The Naked Civil Servant, Edward and Mrs Simpson, Minder, May To December and Eldorado.

Monday 7th - 7.35 pm Doctor Who: The Ambush
                  Tuesday 8th - 7.35 pm Doctor Who: The Expedition
                  Wednesday 9th - 7.25 pm Doctor Who: The Ordeal
                  Wednesday 9th - 7.55 pm Doctor Who: The Rescue
                  More at Outpost Gallifrey - The Doctor Who News Page

Comment

Yeah.. Doctor Who is evil, but not too evil for him to cut a profit from selling his memorabilia. Because we all know that Money is not evil... **sigh!!**

(I guess I should be greatful that he's not tossing it onto a bonfire like a bunch of 1960's Beatles fans did with their "beatles" records and magazines... I bet they're kicking themselves now...)

Plus it says he's making room in his house for a Bible. How huge is this one book, anyway?? The Bible we have here fits easily onto a coffeetable... or in a backpack... does he need to add a wing to his home for this 20-foot by 30-foot book?
                    "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

i'm glad there's a trubute to Verity, might see if i can acquire it

Originally posted by docballen View Post

Plus it says he's making room in his house for a Bible. How huge is this one book, anyway?? The Bible we have here fits easily onto a coffeetable... or in a backpack... does he need to add a wing to his home for this 20-foot by 30-foot book?
                      that's what i was thinking! mine is pretty small and paper back so it can fit anywhere, dunno what this guy is thinking!
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Hmm, I thought it was new and a little early...

Interview with Russell (Telegraph) where he confirms (I think we already knew this but...) he will leave the show next year after the two "specials". Not sure what upset me more, him leaving or only having two specials for a whole year! A whole year!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...vsunfeat29.xml
                        I didn't know that! Wow that is bad news indeed. I know that he didn't create the show. Not even close but he was the one who brought it back to the air and gave it new and wonderful life. Oh I so hope that Moffat will take over then we are safe that there will be more goodness ahead IF Torchwood will be renewed (crosses fingers really hard) then I hope he will at least stay with the show. I am hoping for at least a third and fourth series for Torchwood before it expires....with a decent ending please!
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Radio Times unveils Season four episode titles

well apart from the penultimate episode apparently it gives too much away
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

WTF episode six!!!

edit: thanks for the link
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*

Comment

WTF episode six!!!

edit: thanks for the link
                              indeed.... if that doesnt give too much away god knows what episode 12 is called

probably

Spoiler:
                              Davros
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                                indeed.... if that doesnt give too much away god knows what episode 12 is called

probably

Spoiler:
                                Davros
                                ohh maybe
                                Spoiler:
                                but that's pretty common knowledge, i wouldn't think they would hide that

i love the name of episode seven!
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*

Comment

Working...
                                X