X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Changes:http://syfyportal.com/news424775.html

Comment

I was slightly wrong with my previous statement about Classic releases. Now that the Five Doctors 25th Anniversary Edition is out, the release line up is something like this:

Black Orchid - April 14
      The Invasion of Time - May 5
      Bred of War boxset - May 5 (no idea what this is, could be "The War Games")
      Trial of a Timelord boxset - unknown
      The Invisible Enemy - unknown
      The Brain of Morbius - unknown
      K9 & Company - unknown

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Well, they've been talking about David Tennant leaving practically since he started, so I'm not treating this time any different until something more solid comes out.

But, bloody hell, that Torchwood thing is completely ridiculous, one way or another. It's either a ridiculous story, or a completely ridiculous thing for the BBC to do... "Gwen and the Joneses"?

Anyway, the Whoniverse (sounds like something to do with Dr. Seuss...) has got some nominations in the Royal Television Society Awards. Doctor Who was nominated for Best Drama Series, David Tennant for Best Actor, and The Sarah Jane Adventures for Best Children's Drama.
        The Guardian

Comment

Hmmm...

I'm taking this with a huge pinch of salt.

Robert Carlyle has repeatedly stated in recent interviews that he has not been approached to take over from David Tennant.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

If anyone's interested, a certain Mr. J. Barrowman Esq. will be signing copies of his book in the Glasgow branch of Borders books from 1330hrs, on Saturday March 15th.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              I was slightly wrong with my previous statement about Classic releases. Now that the Five Doctors 25th Anniversary Edition is out, the release line up is something like this:

Black Orchid - April 14
              The Invasion of Time - May 5
              Bred of War boxset - May 5 (no idea what this is, could be "The War Games")
              Trial of a Timelord boxset - unknown
              The Invisible Enemy - unknown
              The Brain of Morbius - unknown
              K9 & Company - unknown
              Update:

Bred For War is a Sontaran Collection similar to the Davros Collection, containing all released Sontaran Stories and The Invasion of Time.

This means that "The War Games" is also schedule for release later in the year as well.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What? Aw, I sure this isn't true. I could live with the DW part, but Torchwood is my new favorite series as it is.

Anyone know when DW and TW premiere for the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post
                  What? Aw, I sure this isn't true. I could live with the DW part, but Torchwood is my new favorite series as it is.

Anyone know when DW and TW premiere for the US?
                  Yeah, I'm choosing to remain cautiously optimistic about that news report. I mean, anything is possible (and we've certainly heard the DT rumors many times by now), but it seems kinda absurd for the BBC to make such drastic changes to Torchwood (though I admittedly haven't seen this week's episode yet).

As for premieres, I believe DW starts up on SciFi sometime in April.
                  BBC America started airing season 2 of Torchwood back in the latter part of January, so we're about 5 or 6 episodes in now. Pretty damn good so far.

Comment

Noel Clarke will be signing autographs and so forth in the Glasgow branch of Forbidden Planet on Saturday March 29th, between 1100hrs and 1300hrs.

Just thought you might like to know.

I do hear he's a massive Stargate fan...
                    sigpic

Comment

Starlog Online has an interview with visual FX supervisor Dave Houghton and visual FX producer Will Cohen, who discuss working on Torchwood and Doctor Who at:

http://www.starlog.com/fearful_feature.php

A brief excerpt:

STARLOG: Is it easier to produce vast armies of Daleks and Cybermen when you’ve created the original digital models?

HOUGHTON: You would think so, wouldn’t you?

There were a number of different models for the Daleks. We created one for episode six in the first season, which worked quite well, but it was very slow to render, so we remodeled them for episodes 12 and 13 and did two or three different versions for various distances.

But it still wasn’t quite perfect, so we tried to do them again in Season Two. We realized that we hadn’t quite put in all of the detail that we had in Season One, and they didn’t look as good, so we brought back some of the detail, made three different types and came up with a low-res version of that one.
                      But that still didn’t render, so we made different versions.

The short answer is: It should get easier, but it doesn’t.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Woo! A season four preview-trailer thing is debuting on BBC One this Saturday (March 22) at about 7pm, between Toy Story and I'll Do Anything. It's going to be on the official website at about the same time, too.

Also, David Tennant and Catherine Tate are on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on April 4th.

Comment

And it's confirmed! Series 4 start's at the 5th-11th week - as Saturday is the 5th, I believe this means the starting date the 5th.

Two weeks to go SQUEE!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

wahoo! thanks for the info
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that the last ep of Torchwood (which ends on friday 4th) will tie into the first ep of Dr Who

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Am I the only one thinking that the last ep of Torchwood (which ends on friday 4th) will tie into the first ep of Dr Who
                                Actually, the thought had occurred to me, yes.

I can picture Chris Chibnall (writer of Torchwood's series finale "Exit Wounds") and ol' RTD (who's writing the Dr. Who season four opener "Partners in Crime") being sneaky that way...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X