X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
    www.google.com?

Awright, awright, I wis jist jessin, BruTak. I found this article from a link on a forum via a google search: http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/n...mentid=7216411

Brrrr. That is very creepy. If true.
    If true, I couldn't see who the source for this info was, could be all made up for all we know.

Comment

Can I just say, that I don't think there was a need for negative feedback generated by my above comment. I am entitled to my opinion and to be honest, season 1 of Torchwood, with the exception of a few episodes, wasn't that great.

However, that opinion has changed since watching the season 2 opener tonight. I liked it and I will be watching it during its entire run now, honest.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
        Can I just say, that I don't think there was a need for negative feedback generated by my above comment. I am entitled to my opinion and to be honest, season 1 of Torchwood, with the exception of a few episodes, wasn't that great.

However, that opinion has changed since watching the season 2 opener tonight. I liked it and I will be watching it during its entire run now, honest.
        Was that an apology of sorts?

Originally posted by Billz
        Personally, I hate Torchwood and I hope it gets cancelled.
        Bit of a negative opinion. Posting it in a place where it will be read by Torchwood fans, borders on Trolling don't you think?

Comment

I don't see why I should apologise for giving an opinion.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

You could apologise for trolling

Comment

Just cos something is your opinion, doesn't mean it should be posted. What you posted looks suspiciously like "I hope the thing that you all clearly like, and which does me no harm so long as I remember not to accidentally watch it, is taken away from you forever."

Others will then, predictably, post their opinions of your opinions.... No one broke any rules, so suck it up.

Lets get back to Doctor Who. TW has its own thread.

Madeleine

Comment

Possible spoilers for series 4 finale:

Daily Star *snickers* speculates :
                Spoiler:

"John Barrowman has let slip that he will make a surprise return this year to help save Doctor Who from death.

His character, Captain Jack Harkness, is to be brought back for an amazing end-of-series climax.

The Doctor (David Tennant, 36) will be seriously hurt in an explosion and he will have to rely on Jack and Sarah Jane Smith, (Elizabeth Sladen, 58) to come to his rescue.

In a sensational master stroke, show writer Russell T Davies, 44, has decided to reunite some of the doc’s old assistants for the climax of series four.

And they will include Torchwood’s Captain Jack, played by John, 40.

The plot was supposed to have been a big secret, but your Daily Star discovered details last year.

Now John has admitted: “Let’s just say there is always the possibility that when the Doctor needs help to fight off someone or something, he calls on Jack.

“He is the muscle and guns man. I can’t say too much – wait and see.”

Elizabeth – who was the Tardis companion for Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, 73, in the 70s and made a guest appearance with David Tennant two years ago – is also back.

She let slip: “I’ve just heard I’m coming back. I’m so excited.”

They will also be helped by Rose Tyler, played by sexy Billie Piper, 25."
                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Hmmm.... *Takes story with pinch of salt*

For a Lady of Mature Years, I must say Lis Sladen looks great. But IMO, the Star is in the wrong for revealing her age.

My mother raised me never to enquire after a lady's age...
                  Last edited by BruTak; 21 January 2008, 12:41 AM. Reason: Typo.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I gotta agree. Bit unfair they released their ages too...
                    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                    LOVE HIM-> DT
                    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I met Lis Sladen at a Dr. Who con in Glasgow, in March of last year. She's a very nice lady.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                        Possible spoilers for series 4 finale:

Daily Star *snickers* speculates :
                        Spoiler:

"John Barrowman has let slip that he will make a surprise return this year to help save Doctor Who from death.

His character, Captain Jack Harkness, is to be brought back for an amazing end-of-series climax.

The Doctor (David Tennant, 36) will be seriously hurt in an explosion and he will have to rely on Jack and Sarah Jane Smith, (Elizabeth Sladen, 58) to come to his rescue.

In a sensational master stroke, show writer Russell T Davies, 44, has decided to reunite some of the doc’s old assistants for the climax of series four.

And they will include Torchwood’s Captain Jack, played by John, 40.

The plot was supposed to have been a big secret, but your Daily Star discovered details last year.

Now John has admitted: “Let’s just say there is always the possibility that when the Doctor needs help to fight off someone or something, he calls on Jack.

“He is the muscle and guns man. I can’t say too much – wait and see.”

Elizabeth – who was the Tardis companion for Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, 73, in the 70s and made a guest appearance with David Tennant two years ago – is also back.

She let slip: “I’ve just heard I’m coming back. I’m so excited.”

They will also be helped by Rose Tyler, played by sexy Billie Piper, 25."
                        Um, did I miss something? This says nothing.
                        Spoiler:

Would it be so surprising to see those peeps back? I mean really? I thought it was a given actually. No doubt the "spin offs" benefit from the cross overs in the same way TPTB at SGA think it benefits from SG-1 cross overs... And there is still all that talk about Billie getting her own show... wouldn't surprise me if the real reason Doctor Who is being *maybe* paired back after series 4 is so tptb can concentrate on yet another spin-off "launched" via series 4's finale.

What did they exactly reveal? Besides people's ages?

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Hmmm.... *Takes story with pinch of salt*

For a Lady of Mature Years, I must say Lis Sladen looks great. But IMO, the Star is in the wrong for revealing her age.

My mother raised me never to enquire after a lady's age...
                          oh come on, it's not like you couldn't work it out, she was first on Who in 73 i think, that's 33 years ago, i mean, if she started on DW as young as 20 she'd still be 55 today
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            oh come on, it's not like you couldn't work it out, she was first on Who in 73 i think, that's 33 years ago, i mean, if she started on DW as young as 20 she'd still be 55 today
                            Yes, granted. But I was being gentlemanly...

Some women don't like it when their proper age is mentioned...

I've noticed this odd trait in my own mother - any female younger than her is refered to as a "girl", whilst any female older than her is a "woman".
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone off to see Cloverfield in the near future will be in for a pleasant surprise, as there's a Who S4 trailer in there. No new info, but shots of
                              Spoiler:
                              Rose, and a very gooey Martha
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                                Anyone off to see Cloverfield in the near future will be in for a pleasant surprise, as there's a Who S4 trailer in there. No new info, but shots of
                                Spoiler:
                                Rose, and a very gooey Martha
                                Trailer is up at youtube but very bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMOWO9r8JU
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X