This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    You lot are completely missing the point. Robin Hood is an excuse for me viewers to gaze at a fetching lad with nice eyes and his fetching arch enemy in leather.

Acting talents? Pshaw
    True but Michael Praed and Jason Connery in tights were just as fetching and a young Ray Winstone whelding a sword thrown in for good measure

Comment

Tomorrow, 10:30pm GMT, DT interviews Kylie Minogue for Radio 2

Madeleine

Comment

I found this, which may explain why R1 didn't get the John Barrowman/David Tennant/Freema Agyman commentary for Last of the Timelords:

Doctor Who - The Complete 3rd Series, released on DVD earlier this month in North America, was quickly noticed to have an issue with the final episode on the set, "Last of the Time Lords" (the last part of a 3-part story) having a "wrong commentary track". The booklet and the pre-release materials indicated that David Tennant ("The Doctor"), Freema Agyeman ("Martha Jones") and John Barrowman ("Capt. Jack Harkness") recorded a commentary track for the DVD release of this episode. However, fans only found a re-run of the internet podcast by the show's Producers. We've been trying to dig into this with the BBC, and the only on-the-record response given was this statement by a BBC Worldwide spokesperson:
        • From BBC Worldwide
          "Unfortunately, though we make every effort to offer identical content in our Doctor Who releases to every territory, the original commentary track for Series 3, Episode 13 featuring David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and John Barrowman could not be cleared for the North American DVD. We acknowledge that the booklet accompanying it has the incorrect credits and they should read Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson. The booklet will be corrected as soon as possible."
        "Could not be cleared"...the message boards all over the 'net are speculating on what this means. The consensus is...singing. Folks who have access to the U.K. release know that there is singing on the commentary track, led by Barrowman, and everyone figures that the rights to the different songs (there are more than one) were unable to be cleared for use outside of the United Kingdom. Is that accurate? The BBC won't say for sure on the record, so we'll just have to leave you hanging right there...sorry. If true, though, I think we can expect a "no singing" policy to be instituted pronto for future commentary track recordings!
        Makes it extra disappointing- would have been fun to hear them sing.

Comment

I'm not sure if this should be in spoiler tags, but since its a huge spoiler..for S4.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            I'm not sure if this should be in spoiler tags, but since its a huge spoiler..for S4.
            Spoiler:

HALLELUJIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE HAS RETURNED!!!! THE GREAT ROSE TYLER HAS RETURNED!!! SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIONS!!!!!

Better than that horrible Martha Jones, IMHO

I wonder how she will be returning? Maybe this means that The Doctor will have another trip to the AU that he left her in? If her and The Doctor meet again, it will probably be a very emotional scene.

Maybe we will see if The Doctor will actually say "I love you!" to Rose? He has GOT to do it!
            Last edited by Madeleine; 26 November 2007, 10:06 PM.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

S4 spoiler
              Spoiler:

Crud. I am torn. I like Rose, but I like Martha better (except for that crush on the Doctor bit) Rose was too ditzy and whiny for my tastes by the end of Series 2.

If she has to return, I want her high pregnant with Mickey's baby and saying that she is happy and will stay in her AU world rather than the Tardis now.
              Last edited by Madeleine; 27 November 2007, 12:40 AM.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Wow! I hope it is true. I liked Rose. I like Donna and Martha too. I hope we get a
                Spoiler:
                multi-companion story this year. Would be neat!

Comment

I hope it isn't true, and I wish people would use spoiler tags.

Madeleine

Comment

Spoiler:
                    It doesn't even look like Billie Piper

Comment

The BBC have confirmed it.

Spoiler:
                      BBC News
                      Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.
                      She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Comment

YAY!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                        My mum LOVES CE as The 9th Doctor and when she heard of Rose returning, I told her about CE staying as far away from Doctor Who as he can. She still wants him to return no matter what

Its great that she is returning, even for 3 episodes! Maybe it will be as emotional for The Doctor as I said earlier?

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Oh for crying out loud, just shoot me now.

Spoiler:
                          Series 1 - sure, I liked her, but S2? God I hate her, she's too cocky and confident and holier than thou, and the finale to the Parting of The Ways?! Yes, let Goddess Rose save the day. Rose S2 was the worst thing to happen to Doctor Who in my mind.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Oh for crying out loud, just shoot me now.

Spoiler:
                            Series 1 - sure, I liked her, but S2? God I hate her, she's too cocky and confident and holier than thou, and the finale to the Parting of The Ways?! Yes, let Goddess Rose save the day. Rose S2 was the worst thing to happen to Doctor Who in my mind.
                            Spoiler:
                            Maybe they'll kill her off for good now

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Maybe they'll kill her off for good now
                              Spoiler:
                              Oooo goody!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Say WHAT!?
                                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                                X