Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have put Sutek on the front of PoM, but seeing you are trying to keep from spoilers I might do one of the sceens from mars, I really have to see the availible pictures to make a decideion.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      I would have put Sutek on the front of PoM, but seeing you are trying to keep from spoilers I might do one of the sceens from mars, I really have to see the availible pictures to make a decideion.
      The interior shots on Mars are good quality but they are all pre-production shots, meaning the blue screens show up in every image. In other words, they're useless.

I have one exterior shot of the TARDIS on Mars, but it doesn't really say anything. In fact, I used it on the back cover because it is still pretty dramatic.

Attached is a version with Sutekh on the front.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thar perty cool, Go with it if you don't mind the spoiler factor

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          This thread is for displaying and discussing custom DVD cover designs for Doctor Who. If you would like to share some of your designs or just comment on what others have posted, this is the place to do it.
          They're splendid DASP...
          I like the circular feature photo... It works like a kind of spotlight.
          Although I like the R4 covers... it doesn't mean fans can't have a bit fun.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            They're splendid DASP...
            I like the circular feature photo... It works like a kind of spotlight.
            Although I like the R4 covers... it doesn't mean fans can't have a bit fun.
            Thanks.

Comment

maybe a pic of the doc in the apparatise for the mind ripper

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                maybe a pic of the doc in the apparatise for the mind ripper
                Okay, this was the only image I could find like that.

Do you think this image is better? It certainly fits the story title better.
                Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I attempted to do a New Series version of the Classic Series Region 2 covers, specifically Series 1 Volume 1 for Rose, The End of the World, and The Unquiet Dead.

I had to cheat on some of the fonts.
                  Some were painted.
                  Others were approximately selected.

I had to make the background bigger to show the detail of the wall, otherwise all that work I did layering textures and lighting turned into a cartoony mess of colors, lines, and interference patterns.

I also cheated on the back cover. I took elements from The Five Doctors back cover and copied them, so there would be some text description (albeit for the wrong story).

In any case, this was supposed to be a sample of what it might look like.
                  (Yes, I know it's supposed to be rated 12, not U, but this is just a sample.)

To be quite honest, I'm really not sure about this. The hexagons seem to clash with the other elements.

[EDIT: I just removed the attachment to reclaim some space.]
                  Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 08 March 2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think it looks really good. My only quarm is the hexagon/roundels. I think that they need the darkness and tone of the actual Tardis interior, and to possibly be the same size as the roundels on the classic covers. But otherwise, them picture, logo, screen caps, labels and everything, looks absolutely brilliant.

Like I said, if the background for the roundels was darker, and they had a less flat colour, I think it would be spot on.

Well done!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      Call me crazy, but I think it looks really good. My only quarm is the hexagon/roundels. I think that they need the darkness and tone of the actual Tardis interior, and to possibly be the same size as the roundels on the classic covers. But otherwise, them picture, logo, screen caps, labels and everything, looks absolutely brilliant.

Like I said, if the background for the roundels was darker, and they had a less flat colour, I think it would be spot on.

Well done!
                      Well, that's the problem. All the work I did applying tone, doesn't show up as I made it smaller.

And when I made the background darker, the texture caused are all sorts of problems at various sizes.

It was very difficult for me to get a combination of colors, lighting, and textures to work this well at this size.

As far as the flat colors...look closely...I put a lot of detail into those hexs and roundels.
                      You can only barely see it at its current size. *Sigh* What a waste of time that turned out to be.

To be honest, I don't like the choices of colors I was limited to.
                      I don't like the geometries of the shapes.
                      I don't like the fonts.
                      I don't like how all the elements clash on every level.

But at least we got an idea how it would look.
                      Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 08 March 2006, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Wow DASP its great. The only problem I have is that the yellow background clashes with the logo. Perhaps you could make the background a little green or something?
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Well, that's the problem. All the work I did applying tone, doesn't show up as I made it smaller.

And when I made the background darker, the texture caused are all sorts of problems at various sizes.

It was very difficult for me to get a combination of colors, lighting, and textures to work this well at this size.

As far as the flat colors...look closely...I put a lot of detail into those hexs and roundels.
                          You can only barely see it at its current size. *Sigh* What a waste of time that turned out to be.

To be honest, I don't like the choices of colors I was limited to.
                          I don't the geometries of the shapes.
                          I don't like the fonts.
                          I don't like how all the elements clash on every level.

But at least we got an idea how it would look.
                          Not a waste at all, I still maintain you did a bloody good job and I'm VERY impressed. Do you by any chance have it at normal size?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                            Not a waste at all, I still maintain you did a bloody good job and I'm VERY impressed. Do you by any chance have it at normal size?
                            Yes, but I have no way to transfer files that large.

Comment

Okay, this was the only image I could find like that.

Do you think this image is better? It certainly fits the story title better.
                              That is better

Comment

Okay, I managed to get the colors, textures, and lighting adjusted.

Now the tones showed up when I shrunk the roundels and give the illusion of depth.

The colors no longer clash.

The lighting enhances the colors and textures instead of drowning them out.

One problem, all that detail made the file huge.

I had to sacrifice some quality just so I could make the maximum file size requirement to post it.

In any case, this cover is far better than the first.
                                Now I'm happy with the results.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X