Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It goes without saying that the Doctor Who fans would be curious about any extant episodes.

And, of course, we would even be happy to help you research the necessary information in determining what you have...if you would desire such assistance.
    Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 22 January 2006, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Yes we love to see the lost eps....

The cover is nice, any news on the US covers?
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
        Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          It goes without saying that the Doctor Who fans would be curious about any extant episodes.

And, of course, we would even be happy to help you research the necessary information in determining what you have...if you would desire such assistance.
          Ok, ive just finished lokking through the tapes and i have seven of William Hartnell's episodes.
          They are as follows:

The Sensorites
          Planet Of Giants
          Bartholomew's Eve
          An Unearthly Child
          The Keys Of Marinus
          The Ark
          The Web Planet
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
            Ok, ive just finished lokking through the tapes and i have seven of William Hartnell's episodes.
            They are as follows:

The Sensorites
            Planet Of Giants
            Bartholomew's Eve
            An Unearthly Child
            The Keys Of Marinus
            The Ark
            The Web Planet
            Bartholomew's Eve is a missing story, also known as The Massacre, or The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve.

The others are already stored in the BBC archive, but your copies might be of better quality, so they still could be useful to the BBC's effort of remastering them for release on DVD.

I believe the Restoration Team is the group you would talk to.

Originally posted by Restoration Team
            On a general note, we would like to talk to anyone who possesses broadcast quality copies of any Doctor Who material - complete or partial episodes, film inserts, film recordings etc. Even if you know that the material exists in the BBC Archives, it is still possible that you have a better copy. Anyone contacting us will be dealt with in the strictest confidence - any material loaned to us would be cleaned, copied, and returned to you. Please e-mail either Ralph, Paul or Steve from our main homepage.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
              Yes we love to see the lost eps....

Well the Us covers arent out for the Individual disks but here is the cover for the main box. In my opinion it is better than the UK one.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                Well the Us covers arent out for the Individual disks but here is the cover for the main box. In my opinion it is better than the UK one.
                http://www.gallifreyone.com/picview....nningdvdna.jpg
                Boy, I have to disagree. I think the black and silver makes the U.K. box cover work better than The Daleks U.K. cover and I think it's better than the U.S. box cover.

Typically, I like the U.K. covers better, because they tend to focus on one story element, whereas the U.S. covers often have low quality images of the Doctor and other characters crammed in...cluttered, low quality, and inartful.

Comment

I was showing the difference between the UK and US main covers not the ones for individual disks. The US one is much better.

Comment

I was showing the difference between the UK and US main covers not the ones for individual disks.
                    I know, but the U.K. box cover is very close to U.K. cover of The Daleks.

I was careful to make those distinctions in my last post.
                    Boy, I have to disagree. I think the black and silver makes the U.K. box cover work better than The Daleks U.K. cover and I think it's better than the U.S. box cover.
                    The US one is much better.
                    Once again, I disagree. IMO, the U.K. cover for the boxset is more dramatic.

Comment

Fair point there D.A.S.P. I think the problem I have with it is just that I like the idea of original looking covers for some bizzaro reason.

Comment

Fair point there D.A.S.P. I think the problem I have with it is just that I like the idea of original looking covers for some bizzaro reason.
                        It's really a matter of personal preference.

Whenever possible, I prefer to avoid showing the Doctor on the individual DVD covers by default. Instead, I like the covers to focus on the elements of a particular story.

For the covers of boxsets, I prefer that the Doctor is shown by default, but IMO the U.S. versions lack subtlety in that regard.

Comment

I like the US Background better. It sort of matches the opening
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Bartholomew's Eve is a missing story, also known as The Massacre, or The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve.

The others are already stored in the BBC archive, but your copies might be of better quality, so they still could be useful to the BBC's effort of remastering them for release on DVD.

I believe the Restoration Team is the group you would talk to.

Hope that helps.
                            Ive emailed the restoration team. Im just waiting for a response.
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                              Ive emailed the restoration team. Im just waiting for a response.
                              Cool.

It would be neat to see that story released on DVD.

Comment

Yay one more found episode !!!!
                                Only 100 or so more to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X