This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl
    My mum says she doesn't care what sci fi I watch but if I dress like Mr Spock she'll disown me, I said if I did she'd have every right too. My daughter's not into sci fi as such she does like Anime although she has started to watch a little Star Wars and Dr Who
    Everyone has their limit. I draw the line at slapping on a pair of pajamas (ala Mr. Spock) and going to a convention.

Well, Doctor Who is a national phemonon and Star Wars is an international phemonon. Perfectly mainstream choices in the U.K..

For my part, It would just be so nice to not have to deal with the withering looks, the snide comments, and absurd suggestions. Oh, well...what can you do?

Comment

I know the geek branding gets a bit much sometimes, although I do tease my other half about being a Trekkie but he doesn't mind. I saw Star Wars at the cinema in 77 my dad took me to see it (It was usually my mum's job) the only reason he offered was because he wanted to see it too and I was the perfect cover

Comment

I know the geek branding gets a bit much sometimes, although I do tease my other half about being a Trekkie but he doesn't mind. I saw Star Wars at the cinema in 77 my dad took me to see it (It was usually my mum's job) the only reason he offered was because he wanted to see it too and I was the perfect cover
        Well, Star Wars is pretty universal.

Everyone has seen Star Wars...even my mother has seen it...although she whined about it.

"You've seen it once...how many times do you have to see it?"

Comment

You Know the Davros Derleks agaist the Cybermen would be neat to see
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm old enough to be your mother, my daughter's 12 this year
            lol, i would kill for a mom who's eyes didnt glaze over at the slightest sci-fi (seriously, red dwarf confuses her )

Anyways, Davros would be good, but storylines like that need fantstic writing to pull them off
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
              Anyways, Davros would be good, but storylines like that need fantstic writing to pull them off
              I agree, which is why I'm quite happy to wait and bide my time for any return of Davros. S1 and (by the looks of it) S2 seem to filled with many standalone eps, which is great. IMO though Davros and the Daleks need a longer arc and would require lots of eps dedicated to the story. I'd hate to see any return dealt with in just a couple of episodes.

Comment

So ture.... Thats what I liked about the serial format of the orignal.
                Last edited by creed462; 13 January 2006, 08:21 AM.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

lol, i would kill for a mom who's eyes didnt glaze over at the slightest sci-fi (seriously, red dwarf confuses her )

Really?? my mum is a BIG Red Dwarf fan, she has them all on video, she also at one point had all ST:TNG on video as well but taped over them

Comment

Well on my Dads side of the family everyone is scifi fantatics inparticular DOctor Who but one of my uncles is a major trekkie with every episode on video and dvd plus all the different uniforms and models which makes him cool butit was my Dad who raised me with Doctor Who and when I was 4 snuck me into the Stargate movie the rest is history.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

My dad was the one who turned me onto sci fi, he liked Star Trek and Dr Who and I picked it up from there I guess

Comment

Good grief. You guys are so lucky.

I think the only reason Star Wars was considered acceptable by my mother is because everyone else was doing it.

She was always big on comformity.

Star Trek, however, wasn't mainstream enough. Luckily, she couldn't tell them apart.

Comment

And the award for the thread to go most off topic goes to....
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

And the award for the thread to go most off topic goes to....
                            *Ahem* Sorry.

Well, getting back on-topic...I think if the Daleks are going to continue without Davros, then we need to focus on the reactions of their potential victims and have a single recognizable leader amongst them to focus on as the main antagonist...pretty much how it was done last year.

Comment

The thread went off on a tangent there for a moment

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                                The thread went off on a tangent there for a moment
                                Yeah, sorry about that.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Dalek-related characters like the Thals, the Slither, the Robo-men, the Movellans, and the Ogrons in the new series.

Comment

Working...
                                X