This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    I loved the scene when he couldn't kill the Doctor and threw the Jewel at the Black Guardian, I think the Doctor Knew the whole time....
    Or when he tried to kill the Doctor while he was trying to fix the beacon and it sparked and threw them both back.

Comment

One thing I always loved about the Doctor was that he was never oblivious to what was going on around around him, but never let you know he knew
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I must admit to having been a bit disappointed with the original Turlough story-arc, with the Black Guardian trying to get Turlough to kill the Doctor. Apart from the time when Turlough tries to smash the Doctor's head with a large rock, it never really was much suspense to it, IMHO. I'd thought I'd really like Turlough in the Black Guardian trilogy, but I actually liked him better in the later stories. He's just okay as a sort of baddie, but as a good guy, he works better, especially in the way he relates to the Doctor.

Comment

The Black Guardian stuff was a little disappointing. I was hoping for a little more direct confrontation between Turlough and the Doctor. Definatetly like his later episodes, especialy Planet of Fire, one of his best I think.
          "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
            I must admit to having been a bit disappointed with the original Turlough story-arc, with the Black Guardian trying to get Turlough to kill the Doctor. Apart from the time when Turlough tries to smash the Doctor's head with a large rock, it never really was much suspense to it, IMHO. I'd thought I'd really like Turlough in the Black Guardian trilogy, but I actually liked him better in the later stories. He's just okay as a sort of baddie, but as a good guy, he works better, especially in the way he relates to the Doctor.
            I like how he got braver and less selfish but Tegan always remained suspicious of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
              The Black Guardian stuff was a little disappointing. I was hoping for a little more direct confrontation between Turlough and the Doctor. Definatetly like his later episodes, especialy Planet of Fire, one of his best I think.
              Mawdryn Undead was the best of the three.

Terminus was pretty depressing. If you need a pick-me-up, don't pick up this episode. Plus Nyssa left and she was the best companion to Peter's Doctor.

Enlightenment was a good concept and had some good scenes but wasn't nearly as good as Mawdryn Undead.

Comment

Yeah, I've never been too fond of Tegan myself... even if we are from the same city. It's that voice I think... somewhat grating...

Sad to hear that Nyssa's leaving... I like the way she's grown throughout the series. I heard that Peter Davison went to bat for her when they were going to drop her earlier on.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                  Hey, don't pick on Alastair! He was deeply traumatised in that episode!
                  So traumatized that he's now teaching in a boy's school?!
                  Thought that would be even more traumatic...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    So traumatized that he's now teaching in a boy's school?!
                    Thought that would be even more traumatic...
                    Oooh, good point!

Comment

However now hes not. Hes retired livingh with Bessie and Doris.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                        However now hes not. Hes retired livingh with Bessie and Doris.
                        Well, that depends on which now we're discussing.

We were talking about Alastair(s) circa Mawdryn Undead.

Comment

Who's Bessie and Doris?
                          Haven't seen them yet...
                          sigpic

Comment

Who's Bessie and Doris?
                            Haven't seen them yet...
                            Bessie is the Doctor's yellow roadster, seen mainly during Jon Pertwee's era...also in The Robot, The Five Doctors, and Battlefield. The license plate was WHO1.

Doris was first mentioned in The Planet of Spiders as an old "friend" of Lethbridge-Stewart whom modesty prevented from discussing. In Battlefield, we finally meet her by which time she has married Alastair.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                              Bessie is the Doctor's yellow roadster, seen mainly during Jon Pertwee's era...also in The Robot, The Five Doctors, and Battlefield. The license plate was WHO1.

Doris was first mentioned in The Planet of Spiders as an old "friend" of Lethbridge-Stewart whom modesty prevented from discussing. In Battlefield, we finally meet her by which time she has married Alastair.
                              Oh that Bessie... yes... I know her...
                              But Bessie and Doris... sounded like *cough*a couple of dogs*cough*...

Must've missed that reference to Doris... *grumbles about having to cook and watch Dr Who at the same time*
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh that Bessie... yes... I know her...
                                But Bessie and Doris... sounded like *cough*a couple of dogs*cough*...

Must've missed that reference to Doris... *grumbles about having to cook and watch Dr Who at the same time*
                                *grumbles back at complete lack of Who on American television*

Comment

Working...
                                X