X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    But never counted the cost
    He probably felt justified because he subconsciously felt it was self-defense. When you are in survival mode and if you're paranoid, your "sense of self" can easily dominate.

Comment

The doctor was always an ativist... In one eps he about how he got a machine banned because it was used to take people form their home world and dispay them in a zoo.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The doctor was always an ativist... In one eps he about how he got a machine banned because it was used to take people form their home world and dispay them in a zoo.
        The miniscope from Carnival of Monsters.

Comment

Yes I couldn't think was it was from when I wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
            I think the Master often dismissed the Doctor's bravery as foolish idealism; and saw himself as a realist. But the effect of that "realism" was a fear of victimization and anxiety over the natural chaos of the universe, so he took a "proactive" approach to make the universe "safer".
            In the early days, I never thought that the Master was truly evil. My feeling was that he couldn't understand why the Time Lords had all this power and weren't using it to subjugate the lesser beings. Of course, over time as he got thwarted once too often, he became resentful and vengeful... For him it was always about power and control. But what was fun about the Master and like other more rounded villains, is that they are the initiators... they make things happen. Not all the time of course, but occasionally... Just to remind us how good the hero is.
            I've always seen the Doctor as a kid in a candy shop.The Doctor ultimately just wanted to see the universe... travel, meet people and really to have a bit of fun. He used his power as a Time Lord to run away from home and see the sights. After all these years, the Doctor still has this child-like wonder everytime he sees something cool. Don't know whether that was true about Doctors 6,7 and 8 but it certainly comes through with Ecclestone and the others.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

He can be a child at times, but he also understood there were limits.

Comment

I just saw THe Planet of the SPiders. Very good ep, I like how the past comes back to haunt him.

Comment

I saw Claws of anos (sp) at suncoast saturday, has anyone got it on DVD?

Comment

I saw Claws of anos (sp) at suncoast saturday, has anyone got it on DVD?
                    I just picked up The Claws of Axos on DVD.

The Claws of Axos, along with Ambassadors of Death, contained the worse quality color episodes.

Subconsciously, I dreaded reviewing it, but I was deeply impressed by the DVD restoration. Excellent quality.

It was like viewing it for the first time.

Comment

Cool I can't wait to get them

Comment

Cool I can't wait to get them
                        So I guess you viewed it on VHS?

Comment

Nope, just excited at the chance to see a Doctor ep I haven't seen yet

Comment

Nope, just excited at the chance to see a Doctor ep I haven't seen yet
                            Okay, I understand now. You saw it at Suncoast, but you didn't rent it.

Well, The Claws of Axos was a milestone for me. In my youth, when my parents picked up our first VCR, it was the first Doctor Who story I recorded.

Not having much money to buy VHS tapes at the time....

With three PBS stations airing the series....

Not knowing how long each story was....

I wound up recording episodes of Doctor Who and Blake's 7 in a hopelessly mismashed and truncated collection of low quality recordings I still retain today.

I like the politics in the Third Doctor stories, which is very evident in The Claws of Axos and adds a sense of realism to the characters.

Comment

You got them in serial format! my PBS put them in movie form

Comment

You got them in serial format! my PBS put them in movie form
                                One PBS channel did episodes, which I had trouble tuning in.

The other two channels did the movie format. Most of my recordings were from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X