Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creed462
    I think they should have attached black oriet(sp) to either Earth Shock or the Visitation. There dosen't seem a point for a seprate release for a two eps adventure.
    Good point. Perhaps Black Orchid will be released in a boxset with another 2-parter like The Sontaran Experiment, The Rescue, The King's Demons, or The Awakening.

Comment

I'd rather them be tacked on the either the previous ep or the following ep for continuity sake
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'd rather them be tacked on the either the previous ep or the following ep for continuity sake
        And I'd rather they packaged the releases as complete seasons, but oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          And I'd rather they packaged the releases as complete seasons, but oh well...
          Ture so ture....

Comment

The region 1 version of The Beginning boxset (containing An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction) will be released in the U.S. on March 28th.

Comment

How long do you think it will take them to release the eps at this rate?

Comment

There have been some news updates concerning the Region 1 release.

On February 14, the Season 1 boxset of the new Doctor Who series is being released in both Canada and the United States!!!

Apparently the included features will no longer differ from the Region 2 release.

Suggested retail price is $99.98.

Comment

Ture, but there are over a hundred eps for Doctor who. When do you think they will release them all on dvd

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are getting the new season

Comment

Ture, but there are over a hundred eps for Doctor who. When do you think they will release them all on dvd

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are getting the new season
                    There are many variables to consider.

I'll crunch the numbers and get back to you.

Comment

The answer is TOOO Long if they go like they are.

Comment

Let me first list some assumptions.

1.) I assume there are 160 stories (including the 1996 movie).
                        2.) I assume the combined Region 1/Region 2 market and that everyone has multi-region players, which most don't. But the U.K. can buy the Key to Time boxset from America and America can buy the 1996 movie from the U.K., so let's assume that for simplicity's sake.
                        3.) I assume the 11 stories that are completely missing will never be found.
                        4.) I assume the 12 partial stories released in the Lost in Time Collection will not be reissued with newly found episodes.
                        5.) I assume the MP3-CD Reconstructed series is not a video, although technically it is, so The Power of the Daleks is still counted as one of the 11 completely missing stories.
                        6.) I assume 36 full stories have been released (I include Revelation of the Daleks and The Web Planet recently released in the U.K., but not An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, The Edge of Destruction, Inferno, or Genesis of the Daleks which haven't hit the market yet)
                        7.) I assume the 4 remaining partial stories (Reign of Terror, Tenth Planet, Ice Warriors, Invasion) will be released.

So let's count...

11 completely missing stories...subtract that from 160 so it doesn't skew the results, giving us 149 stories.

12 partial stories in the Lost in Time set...subtract that from 149 and that gives us 137 remaining stories.

36 full stories released leaving 101 (97 full & 4 partial) stories left.

The DVD releases of Doctor Who started in 2001. I'll count the Lost in Time set as two releases and add it to 36 normal releases, yielding 38 in 4.5 years....

....about 8 to 8.4 releases per year.

At that rate, we can expect the 101 remaining stories to be released in....

....about 12 to 12.5 years....

Comment

Like I said TOOO LONG they need to get a better system.....
                          It will be nice if they release more then the Beginings in march

Comment

Like I said TOOO LONG they need to get a better system.....
                            It will be nice if they release more then the Beginings in march
                            Well, at least it's three stories instead of two.

Comment

true

Comment

My fifth vote: The Invasion of Time.

Comment

Working...
                                X