Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read an article. I don't know how old it is.

"BBC Worldwide Americas have dropped the suggested retail price on the DVDs that were released from 2001 to 2003.

The new SRP on these titles is $19.98 on 1-disc releases and $29.98 on 2-disc releases. This is a decrease of $5 in both cases. The Key to Time box set has also been reduced to $100."

Meanwhile, amazon.com are currently offering these same DVDs at a slightly cheaper price. The single-disc DVDs are going there for only $17.98, and the double-disc DVDs are $26.98, and the whole Key to Time box set is now only $79.98 at amazon.com

"DVDs released since 2004 are still suggested to retail at $24.95 for singles and $34.95 for doubles."
    Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 06 October 2005, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I have just heard rumors that the date for DVD Region 1 release of the new series has been pushed back until third quarter 2006 if the show is not picked up by an American broadcaster.

If BBC Worldwide America can find a broadcaster, the DVDs will likely be released earlier in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        I have just heard rumors that the date for DVD Region 1 release of the new series has been pushed back until third quarter 2006 if the show is not picked up by an American broadcaster.

If BBC Worldwide America can find a broadcaster, the DVDs will likely be released earlier in 2006.
        I don't know why they haven't found a distributer yet it seems crazy.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Is the refferd key to time boxset the boxset of the actuall saga with tom baker and romana I or is it the lost in time boxset with a bunch of eps from that era???
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
            Is the refferd key to time boxset the boxset of the actuall saga with tom baker and romana I or is it the lost in time boxset with a bunch of eps from that era???
            Amazon has The Key to Time for $79.98 and Lost in Time Collection for $44.98.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
              I don't know why they haven't found a distributer yet it seems crazy.
              Both Sci-Fi Channel and ABC were considering it but turned it down. PBS probably doesn't have the money and isn't allowed to air the classic stories until a broadcaster is found for the new series.

I can't see a broadcaster picking it up...maybe a cable or satellite station. On the one hand, it's based on British culture which may not translate, but on the other hand, there's currently a demand for science fiction on television.

To summarize: The classic series will not be aired in the U.S. and the new series will not be released on DVD in America or Canada prior to third quarter 2006, unless the new series is aired in the United States.

Comment

My third vote: Terror of the Autons

Comment

My fourth vote: The Time Meddler

Comment

Has the original Power Rangers been released on DVD? I would so buy the original. There's nothing like watching Jason, Kimberly, Billy, Tommy, Zach, and Trini battle it out! I have like five episodes on VHS, but I would love to have the DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                      Has the original Power Rangers been released on DVD? I would so buy the original. There's nothing like watching Jason, Kimberly, Billy, Tommy, Zach, and Trini battle it out! I have like five episodes on VHS, but I would love to have the DVDs.
                      I've only seen the movie released.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

Are you aware that you posted to the Doctor Who folder? Just curious.
                      Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 11 October 2005, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                        WTF what does Power Rangers have ot do with Doctor Who. Hang on What does Power Rangers have to do with anything !!!!!
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          WTF what does Power Rangers have ot do with Doctor Who. Hang on What does Power Rangers have to do with anything !!!!!
                          Not a clue. Erin probably thought this was a general discussion thread about DVDs. No big deal.

I just updated the first post of this thread to explicitly state it is about the classic Doctor Who television series on DVD.

Erin, btw, if you like The Power Rangers, you might like the classic Doctor Who television series. It was a science fiction/fantasy/horror series about a time-traveling alien who encounters monsters and madmen and such. It was produced by the BBC from 1963 to 1989 and was relaunched as a new series in 2005.
                          Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 11 October 2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Man I was doing a double take myself Power Rangers in Doctor Who? Now there was a simpsons cross over, but I digress Time and the Rami would be a good ep to release.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                              Man I was doing a double take myself Power Rangers in Doctor Who? Now there was a simpsons cross over, but I digress Time and the Rami would be a good ep to release.
                              Well, I didn't like Time and the Rani all that much, but each to their own.

It certainly wasn't the worst episode and Sylvester McCoy had some good moments in his premiere story.

Comment

I have vauge rememberance of it, I like to see it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X