Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
    perhaps they could do another lost in time dvd. Some of the oldies are fantastic.
    Definately! I want to see Invasion. Hooray for U.N.I.T.! I think that one is only missing two out of eight, so they might release it with reconstruction like they did with Ice Warriors. That would be cool!
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
      Definately! I want to see Invasion. Hooray for U.N.I.T.! I think that one is only missing two out of eight, so they might release it with reconstruction like they did with Ice Warriors. That would be cool!
      Well both The Ice Warriors and The Invasion were released with reconstruction on VHS.

Comment

I heard they are going to release THe beginings box set in January is britian, I hope they do a concurant release here.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          I heard they are going to release THe beginings box set in January is britian, I hope they do a concurant release here.
          There's been pressure from the American end to release more boxsets, so I would think so.

Comment

I hope so It would be nice the DVD cost alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
              Well both The Ice Warriors and The Invasion were released with reconstruction on VHS.
              Then what are we waiting for we should protest I mean it cant take to long to change to dvd format?

EDIT: Yay I got 600 posts.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Then what are we waiting for we should protest I mean it cant take to long to change to dvd format?

EDIT: Yay I got 600 posts.
                Actually, yes it can, when they don't allocate any resources, meaning manpower and money, and simply rely on volunteer work from fans (who happen to be professionals within the television industry), to repair the errors and bring the quality up to DVD standards. Otherwise, the DVD releases wouldn't be cost effective, or so I'm told.

Click here to learn about the restoration team and the detailed work they do on their own free time.

http://www.restoration-team.co.uk/

[EDIT: After reading the articles on their website and learning about the various difficulties they have encountered in remastering and repairing audio and video from different formats...to give us better quality than even the original...and the fact they care enough to do it on their own free time...has earned my eternal gratitude and appreciation. Fans can make a difference.]
                Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 27 September 2005, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I see oh well ya cant blame a guy for trying.

Comment

I see oh well ya cant blame a guy for trying.
                    That's the economics of Doctor Who for you...everything on a shoestring budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                      That's the economics of Doctor Who for you...everything on a shoestring budget.
                      It seems that they make a lot of money off Doctor Who, why can't they pour some it back in to the DVD prodution?

Comment

It seems that they make a lot of money off Doctor Who, why can't they pour some it back in to the DVD prodution?
                        Perhaps with the new series success, they will see a higher potential profit.

Comment

Money it all comes back to money.

Is the '5 Doctors' on Video, DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

The Five Doctors was the first Doctor Who story ever to be put on DVD so yes it is on both formats.
                            Perhaps they could release the original 'Shada' with Tom Baker with the gaps filled in by computer graphics and stuff. That would be awsome.

Comment

Perhaps they could release the original 'Shada' with Tom Baker with the gaps filled in by computer graphics and stuff. That would be awsome.
                              Personally, I was hoping they'd splurge and bridge the gaps with hand puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

Here's the current list of released episodes.

DVD List
                                http://www.gallifreyone.com/storeshelf.php?id=dvd

VHS List
                                http://www.gallifreyone.com/storeshelf.php?id=video

Comment

Working...
                                X