Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see them releasing anymore until next year after the Beginning boxset they brought out at the start of the year.

Comment

well according to an interesting site called www.eyeofhorus.org.uk it looks like the chase may be released next year yay !!!
      But im looking for ward to the eventual release of The War Games one of the only surviving Troughton Stories which is a whopping 10 episodes long (200 minutes). Thing is there is only 3 full surviving Troughton stories left. They are The Krotons, The Dominators and The War Games.
      It looks like the releases for this year may well be Survival, Revenge of the Cybermen and apparantly Frontios too !!!!
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

All cool, but Survival
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yeah Survival is one of the worst stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
            Yeah Survival is one of the worst stories.
            Made worse in that it was the last classic ep

Comment

and it wasnt the last ep officially filmed. That was Ghost Light.

Comment

I don't know which would be a worse ending

Comment

Oh come on Ghost Light is far better then Survival ever was.

Comment

I just find Ghost Light one huge wtf moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      Oh come on Ghost Light is far better then Survival ever was.
                      I liked Ghostlight much more than I did Survival (Ok, I'm a sucker for Victorian/Edwardian stories) But the whole coming and going cat thing didn't do much for me.

Still I found the McCoy stories rather unnerving for the most part... not just dark but quite creepy...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                        I just find Ghost Light one huge wtf moment.
                        Scenes got cut, so many things weren't explained.

I understood 90% of it, but I did have to go back and rewatch it.

The DVD explained the remaining 10% to me.

It really needed an extra episode...too much allegory to pack into a three episode story.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          I liked Ghostlight much more than I did Survival (Ok, I'm a sucker for Victorian/Edwardian stories) But the whole coming and going cat thing didn't do much for me.

Still I found the McCoy stories rather unnerving for the most part... not just dark but quite creepy...
                          I found the McCoy episodes more silly for their attempt at creepiness.

They just didn't pull off the creepiness IMO.

Nevertheless, all of Season 26 gets points for trying to be more intellectual.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                            I found the McCoy episodes more silly for their attempt at creepiness.

They just didn't pull off the creepiness IMO.

Nevertheless, all of Season 26 gets points for trying to be more intellectual.
                            I think it was the way they dealt with darker themes... taboo topics... that I liked about it. But yes, the McCoy era was very allegorical.

However, my favourite of the McCoy era has to be Battlefield... only because the Brig makes an appearance!
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think that Attack of the Cybermen (1986) should be the next to be released on DVD. It was really one of the only good Colin Baker stories and deserves a new life on DVD.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

It was be good to watch the TARDIS change to shapes for a little while

Comment

Working...
                                X