Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
    ok sorry but I thought it was just europe.
    Yeah, gets a little complicated. Politics.

Comment

I get tired about the whole region thing. especially since I use linux on my computer
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I think we should get rid of this region thing.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Whole Heartly agree.

Comment

Purchase a multiregion player with a built-in video converter and declare your region independence like I did.

viva la independence!!!

Comment

You can get those!?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yes but they cost money

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                  You can get those!?
                  In your case, you'd need a built-in converter to convert from NTSC to PAL video format.

Beware...although multiregion players do exist, the DVD authors are always inventing new technology to prevent them from working.

I purchased mine online with a lifetime guarantee to defeat region codes. Also, the larger the memory buffer, the better the quality of the conversion.

Comment

Thing is alot of DVDs that 'say' that they are copy protected arnt really. I did this whilst experimenting with my copy of the hitchikers guide to the galaxy film on my freinds DVD rewirter.

Comment

Thing is alot of DVDs that 'say' that they are copy protected arnt really. I did this whilst experimenting with my copy of the hitchikers guide to the galaxy film on my freinds DVD rewirter.
                      Copy-protection is different than region coding.

Comment

True but in some cases it is more or less the same.

Comment

They can be. Region free does not alway = unencrypted.
                          You learn alot about this when working with Linux

Comment

My sixth vote: The Deadly Assassin

Comment

Well I have to say the Deadly Assasin is a masterpice and I reckon it therefore should be released on DVD. In my opinion If I could choose the order for DVDs it should go as follows : The Deadly Assasin (4th Doctor), Warriors of the Deep (5th Doctor), Attack of the Cybermen (6th Doctor) and either Silver Nemises or Dragonfire 7th Doctor. That way they would have released one for each Doctor barring the Second Doctor of witch very few still exist though if I could choose a story to be released Id say eithe the Krotons or the Power of the Daleks.

Comment

Well I have to say the Deadly Assasin is a masterpice and I reckon it therefore should be released on DVD.
                                It was the Doctor Who version of The Matrix.

In my opinion If I could choose the order for DVDs it should go as follows : The Deadly Assasin (4th Doctor), Warriors of the Deep (5th Doctor), Attack of the Cybermen (6th Doctor) and either Silver Nemises or Dragonfire 7th Doctor. That way they would have released one for each Doctor barring the Second Doctor of witch very few still exist though if I could choose a story to be released Id say eithe the Krotons or the Power of the Daleks.
                                Power of the Daleks isn't in the archives. Although an MP3-CD was released containing telesnaps and the original audio track with narration by Anneke Wills (Polly).

Now a series of missing stories released as telesnaps with the original audio track and narration on DVD would be a cool idea.

That way, they could release every story on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X