Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Series Episodes on DVD: What should be released next? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if they are pushing it up to try to keep americans to import it?
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      I wonder if they are pushing it up to try to keep americans to import it?
      They might be able to head off the first episode if they are lucky.

Otherwise, I don't see how this will stop anyone from seeing the remaining episodes before Sci-Fi airs it.

Besides the old fans will probably watch it and import the set anyhow, so no loss there.

Comment

Maybe so. I want to see it on TV first.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          What confuses you? Let me know and I'll try to explain it. Do you own a DVD player?

I know the BBC is trying to milk the U.K. market with single releases, but the U.S. market is pressuring them to release boxsets.

I think if you buy The Beginning & Lost in Time boxsets, you should be pretty safe. I doubt they are going to repackage them in other sets.

Unless you want to go region 1 and buy the MEGASET.

I really don't know what the plan is for boxsets.

I think they are going to release some more for some interlocking stories.

But I think, in the short term, they will try to get by with single releases.

No guarantees there.

To my knowledge, the only one that didn't match up for the region 2 release was The Five Doctors, but they corrected that by offering a DVD cover you can download and print out. I have a copy if you need it.

Personally, I'm not picky enough to let the DVD cover stop me from purchasing the story, but I am picky enough to make my own DVD covers since my collection doesn't match.

1 Reconstructed MP3-CD
          1 Region 2 title
          35 Region 1 titles

I wasn't crazy about the cover designs for either region, so I have been designing my own.

Personally, I think mine are far superior.

Unfortunately, my printer crapped out before I could test print any, so I'm stuck with 19 unprintable covers which look cool onscreen but I can't vouch for their print quality.
          Gotcha, all very useful info! Thanks! And it shouldnt be a problem now as Ive seen that within the beginings boxset theyre all the usual covers...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Sci -fi is own buy NBC Universal right, and isn't Univeral the ones who have DVD to the Doctor Who TV movie? Well do you think they could use the Movie to promote the new seris?

Comment

Sci -fi is own buy NBC Universal right, and isn't Univeral the ones who have DVD to the Doctor Who TV movie? Well do you think they could use the Movie to promote the new seris?
              Hmmm, I don't know.

But if Doctor Who does well on Sci-Fi, it becomes more likely that the movie will be released in the U.S..

Comment

There is no point usuning the movie to advertise the new series as there is hardly any connection between the two except showing a regeneration and the Tardis but not much else connects it.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Yea, but you never know what TPTB will think.

I just want a DVD copy over one I had to record off the TV

Comment

There has been yet another update for the Canadian release.

It will not be delayed.

It will, in fact, be released on February 14th as originally announced.

Comment

I watched the Claws of Axos last week... it was wonderful... I'm quite impressed with Beebs for throwing in all those deleted scenes and outtakes... It was quite nostalgic watching the Brig in that and then seeing him in Battlefield. Katy Manning said that he certainly had the presence and I agree... He was exactly the right person to go head to head with Jon Pertwee's Doctor.

Poor Katy, wearing that miniskirt... in that freezing weather in Dungeness.

The interview with the director (whose name escapes me at present) was very interesting especially that bit about how they achieved sfx in those days.

I think Claws has aged pretty well... especially considering it's the same age as me. The use of colour was quite remarkable.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes it was very good.

Do you think they will restore other Stories to color? Like Planet of the Darleks 3

Comment

Possibly but some episodes may look worse in colour than in black and white. EG The Web Planet costumes were awful yuo can tell from the black and white version theyd be 1 million times worse than before in colour.

Comment

Yes it was very good.

Do you think they will restore other Stories to color? Like Planet of the Darleks 3
                            The Restoration Team is trying to release all Pertwee episodes in color.

They could colorize any B&W episode, but somehow I don't think they'd ever colorize the Hartnell and Troughton stories. I just don't see them making that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                              The Restoration Team is trying to release all Pertwee episodes in color.

They could colorize any B&W episode, but somehow I don't think they'd ever colorize the Hartnell and Troughton stories. I just don't see them making that choice.
                              If they did that it would be suicide. But yeah Id love all the Pertwee stories released in colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                                If they did that it would be suicide. But yeah Id love all the Pertwee stories released in colour.
                                Personally, I'd like to have the choice.

The neat thing with PAL formatted video is the color is separated from the rest of the signal.

Now if there was a way to disable or enable the color with built-in commands on the DVD, the region 2 releases could show it both ways but only store the data once.

Comment

Working...
                                X