This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    I know that the value of half a dozen is six, but I think it's like 'a couple' - the exact value is two, but it's also a synonyn for 'a very few'. I say 'half a dozen' to mean an unspecified and possibly variable value between four and nine.
    What? I say half a dozen to mean 6, unless you mean a baker's dozen? Still it was six when I was at school. Anyway it is all semantics, he is The 10th Doctor becasue nothing else even comes close to making sense. Unless they wish to forget the silly 1996 Movie, now that I could go along with.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      What? I say half a dozen to mean 6, unless you mean a baker's dozen? Still it was six when I was at school. Anyway it is all semantics, he is The 10th Doctor becasue nothing else even comes close to making sense. Unless they wish to forget the silly 1996 Movie, now that I could go along with.
      "Half a dozen" could easily mean "about half a dozen", as Madeleine_W suggested.

Personally, I like to be as precise as I can, but not everyone does.

Comment

We could argue that Sarahs memories were erased after the events of the 5 Doctors by the Timelords. Or something like that.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          We could argue that Sarahs memories were erased after the events of the 5 Doctors by the Timelords. Or something like that.
          Yes, but that doesn't explain why the Doctor got the number wrong. Sarah Jane wouldn't know how many Doctors there are either way. It's seems irrelevent to me.

Comment

Or maybe it's like birthdays once you're in your twenties: some people don't know how old they are, and if asked they have to stop and think and calculate it, or just pick a random number that isn't far off. Maybe Time Lords get like that about regeneration after a while, a bit blase?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              Or maybe it's like birthdays once you're in your twenties: some people don't know how old they are, and if asked they have to stop and think and calculate it, or just pick a random number that isn't far off. Maybe Time Lords get like that about regeneration after a while, a bit blase?
              Hmmm, your number of regenerations seems like a pretty important number to remember, especially if you regularly expose yourself to danger.

However, I am one of those people who can't remember his age and "important dates" like holidays, birthdays, and such...so I take your meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                Yes, but that doesn't explain why the Doctor got the number wrong. Sarah Jane wouldn't know how many Doctors there are either way. It's seems irrelevent to me.
                Unless the Doctor lost his memories too.

Im also about 90% sure that he said "about half a dozen times since we last met" so that would sort the problem out right there, I will watch again to check when its repeated.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

about half a dozen sounds right. He still is finding his feet after his regeneration and afterall after 10 regenerations and god knows how many years your memories bound to be a little rusty.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

He definitely says "about half a dozen" in the take shown in the Confidential episode, so maybe that was the intention of the script, and Tennant just sort of swallowed the first word in the take that actually made it to the aired version. He does that a lot, anyway ("You could have someone's eye out with that!" being an example; I can listen to it over and over and still only hear a couple of the words), so I'm just going to believe he says "about half a dozen" in the episode, too.

Comment

It seems like nobody knows what the hell is right or wrong with this series. It's about time the writers and producers started explaining things to clear up so much confusion. One of the reasons i love SG-1 so much is that most of the confusing questions about the Stargate have been explained.

Comment

Ok... ultimate proof:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/rams/fille..._8thdoctor.ram

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper
                          It seems like nobody knows what the hell is right or wrong with this series. It's about time the writers and producers started explaining things to clear up so much confusion. One of the reasons i love SG-1 so much is that most of the confusing questions about the Stargate have been explained.
                          Yes and SG1 has had to start all over again like it was a totally new show because of that. Doctor Who has never needed to do that in 28 seasons. That level of mystery is what make Doctor Who what it is. Its forever changing with the timeline, but the basic levels are always the same, a lonely traveller out in the stars, crossing time and space just to see history take place. If they explained everything like the Time War and the 8th Doctor's regeneration, or even the truth about the Doctor's origins, the show would loose a huge part of itself and the Doctor would have less room to develop.
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper
                            why doesnt the iris go donut shaped
                            What happens if you walk through the wrong end of a wormhole
                            Do the cheverons come in one at a time or all at once for an incoming wormhole
                            Do you dial 6 symbols then the big botton on the DHD, or seven THEN the botton

Non of these has been officialy answered.

In 43 years, your bound to cross you own canon a few times.
                            The basic princibles of Doctor who dont change. Time lord in Tardis, exploring the universe even though he knows most of it anyway, Traveling with companions, usualy from modden day earth, nearly ALWAYS traveling with a women, Although the Doctor can never says he loves them or any sex happen between them.
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

Actually there have been a LOT of male companions...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*sobs* Adric. Plus Jamie was one of the best ever *pulls out bring back Jamie sign*

Comment

Working...
                                X