Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sixth doctor is pertty good. My favior ep from him is Vengence on Vergo (Sorry if I got the title worng)
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm working my way through the dvds that are available at the minute and I have the odd season on my pc. The only doctor I haven't had chance to watch yet is the sixth. His companion Mel looks irritating as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
        I'm working my way through the dvds that are available at the minute and I have the odd season on my pc. The only doctor I haven't had chance to watch yet is the sixth. His companion Mel looks irritating as hell.
        Mel seemed to work better with Colin's Doctor, but many still didn't like her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
          *chuckle* Aw, that's kinda sad, though. My sweet Fifth Doctor has much more to offer than that!

I saw The Two Doctors last night (yeah, so I'm going through the old series totally at random; whatever I can get my hands on really, and I wanted to see the Sixth Doctor.) Eh, he's okay! I thought I'd hate him, but once I managed to look past his nasty attitude towards Peri, he's actually pretty decent. And I really like Jamie!

Can you guys recommend a Patrick Troughton serial (preferably one that completely survived, *grin*) in which Jamie has a large/interesting/nice/maybe possibly angsty role? I could read through the entire Reference Guide at http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm but that'd really spoil the fun.

edited for a really dumb mistake
          The Dominators or The War Games.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            The sixth doctor is pertty good. My favior ep from him is Vengence on Vergo (Sorry if I got the title worng)
            My favorite Colin story is Terror of the Vervoids.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Here's a link to another Dr Who comic...
              Can't post it here as it seems to balloon the thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...TheDoctors.jpg
              JNT...you may or may not like his stewardship of the show, but you still got to love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                Mel seemed to work better with Colin's Doctor, but many still didn't like her.
                Her character grew on me after a while, but I'll admit that I did not like her at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                  Her character grew on me after a while, but I'll admit that I did not like her at first.
                  IMO, the constant screaming was annoying. Also, she just came off as too perky and bossy for me to like her in Season 24.

Somehow, she seemed better matched with Colin's Doctor; she seemed less cloy.

Comment

Can you guys recommend a Patrick Troughton serial (preferably one that completely survived, *grin*) in which Jamie has a large/interesting/nice/maybe possibly angsty role? I could read through the entire Reference Guide at http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm but that'd really spoil the fun.
                    Just curious. What Troughton episodes have you seen?

Comment

In between the usual fun, there is a list of a half-dozen or so ambitious projects that we would love to do ... but just don't have the time or manpower. Some of the things we are considering:

... A sub-site dedicated to the granddaddy of sci-fi television, Doctor Who. With something like 65,000 seasons and nothing being broadcast in our area of the U.S. right now, this one would need a skilled and highly dedicated volunteer to help create and maintain.
                      Awesome. What do you folks think about this possibility?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...gatenews.shtml
                      Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 09 September 2005, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Just curious. What Troughton episodes have you seen?
                        At this point, only The Two, the Three, and the Five Doctors (which I'm guessing aren't considered 'normal' Troughton episodes).

Comment

Awesome. What do you folks think about this possibility?
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...gatenews.shtml
                          Very, very cool idea... in the sense that I think any attention given to Doctor Who is a Good Thing. But I'm not sure how 'necessary' such a site would be. I mean, if there's one thing I've noticed in the past month or so, it's that Doctor Who already has a very dedicated fanbase with a large amount of extremely informative websites: news sites, detailed episode guides, reviews etc. I wonder what GW would want to add that isn't already covered.
                          But if they want to surprise me, who am I to say no?

Comment

edited for a really dumb mistake
                            I liked the Tomb of the Cybermen and The Ice Warriors... I think they were complete... I vaguely remember Jamie looking suitably angsty...

Wasn't there one that Jamie/Frazer Hinze had chicken pox and turned into Jamie-somebody else... wasn't the greatest story admittedly... Ah... The Mind Robbers. That was complete.

I'm still rather peeved about not having seen the episode where the Time Lords send Jamie and Zoe home and number 2 turns into number 3.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I liked the Tomb of the Cybermen and The Ice Warriors... I think they were complete... I vaguely remember Jamie looking suitably angsty...
                              Ice Warriors is currently missing episodes 2 & 3.

Wasn't there one that Jamie/Frazer Hinze had chicken pox and turned into Jamie-somebody else... wasn't the greatest story admittedly... Ah... The Mind Robbers. That was complete.
                              Hamish Wilson played him in part of the story.

I'm still rather peeved about not having seen the episode where the Time Lords send Jamie and Zoe home and number 2 turns into number 3.
                              That was The War Games, a 10-part story.

Comment

At this point, only The Two, the Three, and the Five Doctors (which I'm guessing aren't considered 'normal' Troughton episodes).
                                No, in fact, The Five Doctors and The Two Doctors directly contradict events in The War Games, leading many fans to speculate we saw an altered version of the matrix records in The War Games.

What is the matrix? Why it's the repository of all Gallifreyan knowledge and experience, a "comprehensive" database and "incorruptable" electronic brain, containing the memories of the whole race.

Comment

Working...
                                X