Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egeria
    I'd rather Bessie than K-9 I know loads of peeps love K-9 but it/he gave me the creeps when I was younger.
    Oooh-ooh! Convention story!!!

Way back in 1995 (I think... Old + bad memory ect.) I was at a Star Trek con in Glasgow. Among the entires for the Art Comp, was a life size model of K-9.
    Myself and a buddy were standing in a queue to get caricatures drawn, and about five or six bodies behind us was a teenage girl clinging onto the lead of a rather large Alsatian.
    Said hound was frightening the life out of people by barking and growling at them, when - suddenly - it yelped in terror, and retreated under the nearest table, cowering in fright. Why? Well, the K-9 model's builder had constructed it over a model tank, it was now trundling around the floor - much like the real thing did on TV.

I've seen some pretty weird things at Conventions in my time - but, a large Alsatian, scared out of its wits by a model of a robotic dog?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

^ Great story BruTak As I was reading I thought the Alsation was going to do something entirely different to K-9

Comment

*drags thread out of the gutter*

oh, BBC3 are repeating the last Who and the confifentials, now why didn't anyone tell me?
        or did they?
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
          *drags thread out of the gutter*

oh, BBC3 are repeating the last Who and the confifentials, now why didn't anyone tell me?
          or did they?
          Yep I mentioned a while back they were repeating them, I just been to busy to keep posting the schedule thoe.

Soz

Comment

Sorry 'bout that MC. UK Gold are showing all the eps in the week starting October 23rd finishing with PoTW on October 28th....I believe their showing two episodes a day. I don't know if they're showing the confidentials though, probably not.

Comment

no worries, either of you.

I have hardly been around to notice someone posting the schedule anyway - so short of you all making a rota to come over here, grab me, sit me in front of the TV and put it onto the right channel...

actually, that's not a bad idea!

sigpic

Comment

^ Great story BruTak As I was reading I thought the Alsation was going to do something entirely different to K-9
                You have a filthy mind young lady - maybe that's why I like you so much?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                  You have a filthy mind young lady - maybe that's why I like you so much?
                  You made me blush BruTak, you know I luv ya too...especially when you refer to me as a 'young' lady.....you sweet talker you

Comment

I can't help but laugh whenever I see K9. He was so poorly designed! (Oh dear, I see him as a he ) After all, he was wider than the door of the TARDIS! But what makes me laugh most of all was Tom Baker's manic grin when he pulled out the box marked "K9 MK. II". I can almost hear the groans from the audience! I can't find an image of that grin - a shiny donkey to the one who does.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be keeping my donkey after all.

Love that grin!

Comment

Do you want to win one of the new romote control Daleks - then carry on reading.

Who Gets A Dalek?

This remote-controlled new-look Dalek is tipped to be this year's No1 toy - but you can win one of the 50 The Sun is giving away.

The 12in tall, scaled down model from a new Dr.Who series costs £39.99 in the shops.

They have a flashing lights, an illuminated eye and their trademark sythesised speech. Kids will hide behind the sofa as it issues commands including "You-will Obey" & "Halt or you will be exterminated."

Jerry Healy, of makers Character Options, said: "Daleks have bought some of the most dramatic moments in TV History to our screens. These models will give hours of play to anyone wanting to escape into the role of something as exciting as a Dalek."

They will be available in toy shops next week and are tipped to lead the Toy Retailers Association's top ten list in October. Spokesman Derek Markie said: "The Daleks are extremely exctiting."

Win A Dalek:
                      We've got 50 radio controlled Daleks to give away in this simple competition. Just answer the question below and send your answer along with your name and address to:

DALEKS,
                      The Sun,
                      1 Virginia Street,
                      London
                      E98 1SN

Q: What is the Dalek's best-known catchphrase?

A: Exfoliate!
                      B: Extortinate!
                      C: Exterminate!

Good Luck everyone.

edit: Here is the scan of the Dalek for you from today's The Sun Newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                        Q: What is the Dalek's best-known catchphrase?

A: Exfoliate!
                        B: Extortinate!
                        C: Exterminate!
                        Ummmm... A?

I assume this is UK-only. Once again, we Americans lose...
                        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

You made me blush BruTak, you know I luv ya too...especially when you refer to me as a 'young' lady.....you sweet talker you
                          I can't help it, it's the good manners my mum ground into me when I was but a sprog in short trousers.

Besides, you would rather I called you "madame", which makes you sound like you run a *ahem* house of ill repute?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess
                            Ummmm... A?

I assume this is UK-only. Once again, we Americans lose...
                            It is I'm afraid.

Don't know if they will be sold in America at all thoe.

Comment

don't worry, I can't win a Dalek either

*wah*

but I am rofl and pimping here at the idea of a Dalek trundling around a beach shouting "Exfoliate!"

sigpic

Comment

I hope they bring back K-9. I mean yes the old version was c-r-a-p but with todays tech he could be made pretty cool. Plus make sony and whoever else made those robot dog toys look cheap.
                                You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                                And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Working...
                                X