Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh it was in the papers that they can hover in the other series etc but this is the first time they can hover up stairs and chase the doctor or something says the paper. Can't wait to seem them again.

I'll scan the images in later for you if you want and I'll post the news article about them. As you posted earlier they will appear in episode 6. :-)

Comment

I'd be greatly appreciative of a scan of a Dalek - I don't have access to the UK papers.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Where did Graham Norton come on? We got cheering during the Autons in the basement sequence, but I didn't hear anyone talk.

EDIT: I've just rewatched it and I heard him. That really annoys me - I wanted to record each episode onto DVD so I wouldn't have to buy a box set, but I got the odd noises too.
        Last edited by Hywel; 27 March 2005, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Your worst nightmare...New Daleks that can go UPSTAIRS!

LEVITATE, LEVITATE! Surely nothing can save Doctor Who from the Daleks now.

Last time round, the Time Lord could outfox the tinpot terrors just by running up the stairs.

But our exclusive pictures confirm for the first time that the Daleks can actually FLY

It's been known since time began that the metal menaces could teleport themselves around the galaxy, but until now they've virtually always been trundling around on castors.

The new breed can also hover while chanting their famous catch-phrase "Exterminate, exterminate".

And just one zap from their probes frazzles victims to death, leaving just a skeleton.

Baddies

They're set to leave a whole new generation of Doctor Who fans cowering behind the sofa when they reappear in episode six.
          Last night the new series hit the screens after a 16-year gap, with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and Billie Piper as his assistant Rose. And the pair are set to come up against a whole new set of bizarrely named baddies.

Next week they face The Adherents of the Repeated Meme when they travel to the year Five Billion to stop Earth from exploding.

It's the end of the world - and almost the end of Rose when the mosters try to bake her alive. The Doctor discovers Lady Cassandra - a villian made of skin - is behind the plot to kill his pal.

He has to finish off Cassandra and save Rose to get back to the Tardis in time for their next mission.

And don't look now Doc, but the Cybermen are coming back too....

Comment

I personally hated it, i have seen alot of the old Doctor Who's and to be honest i didnt like them either. Just watching it last night it didnt seem very well thought out..especially these plastic men walking around...why didnt anyone push them over...i doubt they can get back up..not having joints and all..

Just a horribly looking show..i wont be watching it again.

Comment

Originally posted by thewarrior

heeeellpppppp!

I just watched this again, and it was totally totally fantastic. I can't believe I'm getting this excited about a TV show...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                Where did Graham Norton come on? We got cheering during the Autons in the basement sequence, but I didn't hear anyone talk.

EDIT: I've just rewatched it and I heard him. That really annoys me - I wanted to record each episode onto DVD so I wouldn't have to buy a box set, but I got the odd noises too.
                Ah now i remember the cheering in the basement sequence (never heard Norton) but I thought that was the Autons just trying to freak out Rose.

But it was an amazing show! I am definatly watching it again. I loved the 'Stargate'-esque titles.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                  Well, between the time he left and came back he had many adventures, some of which led him to evidence of Rose travelling with him, so he went back to get her.

-IMF
                  OK, so that explains why he returned to get her. However I was referring to why she'd stay in London 2005 to start off with and then go running into the TARDIS a few mins later. A writing oops?

But seriously, that is the only nitpick I've got with this ep and the show so far. I'll need a couple more eps to fully get my bearings but so far there's nothing stopping it from peeing all over the likes of 'Invasion Earth' and 'Crime Traveller' at will or mixing it with the big US hitters.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                    OK, so that explains why he returned to get her. However I was referring to why she'd stay in London 2005 to start off with and then go running into the TARDIS a few mins later. A writing oops?
                    Because she knows that means that she can adventure with the Doctor all she wants, but still come back and pick up her life as if no time has passed.

Comment

This show rocks, Ecclestone is a joy to watch :d
                      Next week looks cool :d

Comment

Just seen that BBC figures show 10.5 mil watched last nights episode...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4385801.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                          Daleks coming in ep 6

I've booked my space behind the sofa.

But the aliens that really get me are the Cybermen...eek!
                          LOL! I was just discussing this with my Mum on the phone! Much as I love the Daleks, it was the Cybermen that terrified me as a kid. I watched the documentaries they showed last week, and when the Cybermen showed up I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! (and almost jumped behind the sofa!)
                          I'm old enough to remember Dr Who from the beginning, and watching the new show took me back to my childhood again. Roll on next week!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                            Your worst nightmare...New Daleks that can go UPSTAIRS!

LEVITATE, LEVITATE! Surely nothing can save Doctor Who from the Daleks now.

Last time round, the Time Lord could outfox the tinpot terrors just by running up the stairs.

But our exclusive pictures confirm for the first time that the Daleks can actually FLY

It's been known since time began that the metal menaces could teleport themselves around the galaxy, but until now they've virtually always been trundling around on castors.

The new breed can also hover while chanting their famous catch-phrase "Exterminate, exterminate".

And just one zap from their probes frazzles victims to death, leaving just a skeleton.

Baddies

They're set to leave a whole new generation of Doctor Who fans cowering behind the sofa when they reappear in episode six.
                            Last night the new series hit the screens after a 16-year gap, with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and Billie Piper as his assistant Rose. And the pair are set to come up against a whole new set of bizarrely named baddies.

Next week they face The Adherents of the Repeated Meme when they travel to the year Five Billion to stop Earth from exploding.

It's the end of the world - and almost the end of Rose when the mosters try to bake her alive. The Doctor discovers Lady Cassandra - a villian made of skin - is behind the plot to kill his pal.

He has to finish off Cassandra and save Rose to get back to the Tardis in time for their next mission.

How quickly journalists forget that daleks actually could already levitate/fly before and one did in a basement sequence in Rememberence of the daleks when they climbed stairs in the old school.

Comment

Originally posted by khaosworks
                              Because she knows that means that she can adventure with the Doctor all she wants, but still come back and pick up her life as if no time has passed.
                              Thanks(she just has to get back before she's old and grey basically!)
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yep, what short attention spans they all have - we've been talking about levitating Daleks for years now.

We're waiting for Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart to show up, over here in the clanger household.

Oh and lots of terribly bad fanfic...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X