Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    Oi! Gladiators was cool back in the day. CW just sounds cheap!
    I was a huge Gladiators fan back then. I had the soundtrack and the sticker album and I even met Cobra at one point. I'm just glad I grew out of that.

Comment

My UK TV Guide we have in my household has Doctor Who on the cover - here is the cover.

Comment

Doctor Who: Site and News Updates:

Go onto the Doctor Who site
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ and be greeted with the sight of a Dalek.

Slight spoilers in the Image Gallery for Saturdays episode:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/galle...ry/index.shtml

Watch the trailer again:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/dalek.shtml

Coming up after the episode airs:

Dalek Game
        Find out what it's like to control a Dalek. And also what it's like to be a ruthless force of destructive evil.

Video interviews
        Writer Rob Shearman, Dalek voice Nicholas Briggs and builder Mike Tucker. Plus, find out what life's like inside a Dalek.

Photo Stories
        Find out how the episode was made.

Doctor Who Magazine:

Doctor Who Magazine celebrates the return of the Daleks.

In this issue, there's a masive free A1 poster featuring the Doctor and Rose! Plus an exclusive report on the resurrection of television's best-loved alien baddies - straight from the mutants' own mouthpiece, Nicholas Briggs.

Also this issue, Bruno Langley chats about playing Adam Mitchell. Meet Jabe, the Moxx of Balhoon and a host of other alien weirdos on the set of The End of the World, and the Slitheen are un-zipped.

Plus, there's the second part of the Doctor and Rose's latest comic strip adventure, as The Love Invasion continues. The time-travelling pair have uncovered something sinister in 1960s London - will anyone they meet be able to lend a hand?

Read More at http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/drwho...26/18925.shtml

Comment

Personally speaking, I was rather hoping that dear ol' Noddy Holder would get the part...

Anyway - nice to see the return of UNIT, even if it was only their website. Any ideas why The Doctor's password was BUFFALO?

From what I gather, Daleks (that's Daleks plural ladies an' germs) will return for episodes 12 and 13.

For those of you in the UK, you may want to grab a copy of the new Radio Times, cover dated 30th April - 6th May. The fold out Dalek cover recreates the famous Westminster Bridge scene from "The Dalek Invasion of Earth".

There's also an offer for an excluseive A1 sized double sided Dalek poster.
          Now - where did I put those scissors......
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Theres 'a' Dalek in next ep I think..

Just a random thought - wouldn't Alan Davies (sp) make a great Doctor??!!
            I think so anyway.. Lol
            Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper

I think so anyway.. Lol
              When they were looking for a new Doctor and the had a list of possible names - I thought about Alan Davies, the guy from Jonathan Creek with the wavy curly hair. He might have made a great doctor.

TWO DAYS TO GO

TWO DAYS TO GO

Till the return of The Daleks :-)

Comment

How many of us Dr Who fans are going to be sending off for the Dr Who poster that the Radio Times are offering?

Comment

If anyone is within striking distance of Milton Keynes there's a Tardis, Daleks and props, not to mention loads of guest actors, at Collectormania7 this weekend, today till monday. Mickey The Idiot is the only current actor there, I think. He was a bit of a drip in the first story, but he was fab in the two-parter so I'm looking forward to meeting him

http://www.collectormania.com

Madeleine

Comment

He wasn't quite so mannequin-like in the two-parter, but I'm still iffy on him.

That was quite the double ep. Not having any background in Who, is it common for things like that to happen? The PM gets killed, lots of upper brass get killed, major landmarks are destroed... and it all stays that way? I kept thinking he was gonna go back to last week and do something to stop it. Although I suppose that's too much of a cop-out (and more complicated than it sounds).

Comment

As far as I'm aware, they NEVER screw around with time like that by going back in time to fix things, they always fix it at the time, becasue as you see....Britain benefited in the long run, Gold Age anyone? It's a shame all those UFO experts were killed though

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper

I think so anyway.. Lol
                        Bit of an obvious choice, really...

Before David Tennant was announced, I was hoping that legendary Slade frontman Noddy Holder would get the part - but hey, that's just me.

Who (pardon the pun) fancies the idea of the TARDIS landing in the SGC?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was looking around on the BBC's classic Dr Who site and found some CGI images of the Cybermen. When I was a kid I was terrified of the Cybermen, but thank god they didn't look likes these. click here

Only a couple of hours to go...bring on the Dalek

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                            I was looking around on the BBC's classic Dr Who site and found some CGI images of the Cybermen. When I was a kid I was terrified of the Cybermen, but thank god they didn't look likes these. click here

Only a couple of hours to go...bring on the Dalek
                            NOOOOOO! They can't look like that! They look like people in spandex wearing the top half of a Kull Warrior's armour spray painted silver! What happened with the cheap outfits with heads thet looked like radios? Bring them back!

Less than two hours to go......

Comment

So what did you all think?

And did you see Osiris with an American accent ?

Comment

OMG!!

How good was that?? Never thought I'd feel sorry for a Dalek. This episode totally blew me away.

Comment

Working...
                                X