Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by in circles
    Loving the series so far. Play.com has a TARDIS shaped boxset of the new series listed so I'll definitely have to buy that when it's out.
    Here is the boxset cover art:

Prices are as follows:

Play.com £59.99

Amazon.co.uk £52.49

Sendit.com 51.99
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 15 April 2005, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
      There's a Spoiler-Free review of Episode 6 "Dalek" on SFX magazine's website. Not that I'm one normally given to laying credence to hype but this statement

has me quite excited.

-IMF
      Great link, thanks...just read it and now I really really can't wait .

Comment

It is pretty scary for little ones. From now on my lad will be watching it on video in the morning. He likes it a lot, and he's not overly upset by it, just a bit more clingy and jumpy than normal. He's fine in fact, it's his knackered mother who can't be having with being woken three times in the night to check under the bed for metal spiders.

Madeleine

Comment

Oh, and another note for Stargate fans about "Dalek." Episode 6 features Anna-Louise Plowman as a character named Diana!

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
            Loving the series so far. Play.com has a TARDIS shaped boxset of the new series listed so I'll definitely have to buy that when it's out.
            Nice. Now if they would only release it for region 1...
            I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Oh, and another note for Stargate fans about "Dalek." Episode 6 features Anna-Louise Plowman as a character named Diana!

-IMF
              Oh yeuch. Still, it won't stop me watching it.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

And the BBC just made it official. David Tennant is the 10th Doctor. This will be interesting.

Official release

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

And the BBC just made it official. David Tennant is the 10th Doctor. This will be interesting.

Official release

-IMF
                  i dont know him, how old is he? is any of his shows any good?

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy
                    i dont know him, how old is he? is any of his shows any good?
                    He's 34... which is a little depressing for me, because I'm older than him. I'm older than the Doctor.... that'll take some getting used to.

So far, I have only seen him in "Casanova" and I think he was brilliant in that. I do think he can make an entertaining Doctor.

-IMF
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                      Here is the boxset cover art:

Prices are as follows:

Play.com £59.99

Amazon.co.uk £52.49

Sendit.com 51.99
                      First series?
                      Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Saying series 27 would confuse the general public

Comment

What did you all think of tonight's episode? I thought the pacing was excellent, and the effects on the spaceship were pretty darned good (for the BBC, at least). I was glad when the pig-alien turned out to be a pig, rather than an alien - I couldn't stop laughing. But the body snatching aliens (I didn't catch their name) had faces that looked like baby dolls.

Comment

I though tonights episode was great. The effects were really good by BBC standards, and I loved the way the reporting was done by BBC News. Who would have though we'd see Andrew Marr on Dr Who. For me the series is going from strength to strength, can't wait for next weeks episode. I'm surprised the neighbours didn't hear the collective 'Noooo' shouted out when me and the kids realised we'd have to wait till next week to see what happens.

Comment

Tonights episode was excellent - some good funny moments in there as well like when the guy who had to replace the Prime Minister turned up and the news reporter said something like "Not the most important person that you want to arrive around now".

The pig running away was funny as well - but over all it was a great episode and next weeks looks interesting to. I assume the Doctor either takes off his I.D tag, and what was that at the end of the trailer - he might have to give up Rose!

Comment

I thought it was a great episode. It had some great comedy pieces in and some really good effects. The Doctor was as great as ever. Even Rose's Mum and boyfriend couldn't ruin the episode for me. I think that after this the Daleks are going to be absolutely amazing.

As a sidenote did you know that Anna-Louise Plowman (Osiris/Sarah Gardner) is going to be in the sixth episode? Sounds interesting.
                                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                                X