Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant to post this earlier but forgot, Batwoman's showrunner on why they decided not to recast. Not a surprising reason.

https://tvline.com/2020/06/06/why-ba...cter-season-2/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Nope. Stargirl is Earth 2, Titans is Earth 9, Green Lantern is Earth 12, Swamp Thing Earth 19, Doom Patrol is Earth 21 and Kingdom Come Superman is Earth 96. Earth Prime merged only certain worlds and the Crisis cut off the possibility of accessing the others... Coincidentally the ones not in the Arrowverse.
      Ah... I see...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I've got the original series on DVD. I did watch the reboot, but I never thought it held a candle to the original. Aside from the automotive blasphemy, they changed the whole character of the show in a way I didn't like in order to appeal to a younger audience.
      I was a big K.I.T.T. fan in my youth -- still am.

There's a replica driving around in Belgium, who's at FACTS in Ghent every year.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I've walked up to other cars thinking they were mine lol. I'm horrible at telling cars apart. I'd make the worst witness to a crime involving a car. This would be me: "it was white car with 4 doors, well I think it had 4 doors, it might have been 2. I know it definitely was a car and not an suv or truck".
      Cop 1 to Cop 2: "Were they helpful?"
      Cop 2 to Cop 1: "It was a car."
      Cop 1: "Okay... not helpful... much..."

There's always your keys -- unless you don't have an automatic lock. Just push the button and see which one answers.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Airwolf was very similar and aired around the same time. The idea of super machines was quite popular then. heh. I'm also a big Airwolf fan, and have that series on DVD too.

Comment

Seems like reports they were going to kill Kate Kane off, off-panel were incorrect. The show has disputed that.

Comment

They don't know what the hell they're going to do yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Ah... I see...

There's a replica driving around in Belgium, who's at FACTS in Ghent every year.

Cop 1 to Cop 2: "Were they helpful?"
              Cop 2 to Cop 1: "It was a car."
              Cop 1: "Okay... not helpful... much..."

There's always your keys -- unless you don't have an automatic lock. Just push the button and see which one answers.
              I've done that before lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                Seems like reports they were going to kill Kate Kane off, off-panel were incorrect. The show has disputed that.
                They don't know what the hell they're going to do yet.

I would really dislike it if they killed off Kate, have her disappear, maybe have some people think she's dead, but don't actually kill the character off. The showrunner seemed pretty certain and clear that she wasn't going to kill off Kate, so hopefully it stays that way.
                sigpic

Comment

I would really dislike it if they killed off Kate, have her disappear, maybe have some people think she's dead, but don't actually kill the character off. The showrunner seemed pretty certain and clear that she wasn't going to kill off Kate, so hopefully it stays that way.
                  Even if they don't show her on-screen death or have a plot that has her corpse or something lying around (without bringing back Ruby Rose), she would still be effectively dead right?

Sure they wouldn't be following the trope of confirming her death and using that as a story point, but her absence from the show will have the same effect, right?

Unless they are in talks with Ruby Rose to return as a recurring guest star, not just a one-off, I cannot see the difference.

Comment

It just doesn't make sense to have a new character put on the batsuit. I think the audience can realize that characters are played by real people known as actors, and they occasionally will change their minds about being on a specific job, making it necessary for the show to drop a new actor into the role. That is far less disrupting to the show than replacing the lead character wholesale. For example, Kate Kane was familiar with Wayne tower, and as a result, happened to discover the Batcave, leading to her donning the cowl. However they write it so that an "outsider" discovers the cave is going to seem rather contrived.

Another thing to consider. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Berlanti has a long history of pushing his political agendas on his shows. I've seen it in all of his shows that I watch, particularly Supergirl.

Considering current events at this time, I have to wonder if he's doing this just to give himself an opportunity to create a character and cast someone who ticks all of the politically correct checkboxes.

Comment

Honestly, having a poc donning the Batsuit would be a huge step forward. I'd be all for that.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        Honestly, having a poc donning the Batsuit would be a huge step forward. I'd be all for that.
                        What the hell is a POC?

Comment

What the hell is a POC?
                          Person of Colour

Comment

Gawd. More P.C. BS. I suspected as much. No, we don't need more of that.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                              Looking at the world, clearly we do.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                                Well, we already had a part Asian Superman back in the 90s...
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X