Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I'm pretty bad with names and faces. With me, if people get a haircut or really different hair style I think they're a different person. Or if 2 people have pretty much the same haircut/ style I get them mixed up easily. I had one co-worker who was constantly switching up her hair. Every time she would do something different to it, I thought she was a new hire. Then, this other girl who had curly hair at first decided to straighten it, and when I saw her again I kept thinking she was another girl that had the same long straight hair, and that the other girl had just lost some weight and that's why she looked different.
    Wanna have some real fun? Try NOT recognizing a girl you had the hots for in school when you encounter her 40 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Wanna have some real fun? Try NOT recognizing a girl you had the hots for in school when you encounter her 40 years later.
      I had an entire conversation with some guy in a bank that I went to elementary/middle school with. He recognized me, told me that I looked exactly the same. We talked about when we were kids at school, old teachers/ classmates and talked about some current stuff. I pretended like I knew who he was. I still have no clue, because I didn't want to admit to him that I didn't recognize him. People are always recognizing me and acting like they know me, but I never have a clue who they are, I just pretend I do to be polite.
      sigpic

Comment

I had an entire conversation with some guy in a bank that I went to elementary/middle school with. He recognized me, told me that I looked exactly the same. We talked about when we were kids at school, old teachers/ classmates and talked about some current stuff. I pretended like I knew who he was. I still have no clue, because I didn't want to admit to him that I didn't recognize him. People are always recognizing me and acting like they know me, but I never have a clue who they are, I just pretend I do to be polite.
        Ummm... Some guys use that kind of crap as pick-up lines/routines. You may not have known him at all.

Comment

Ummm... Some guys use that kind of crap as pick-up lines/routines. You may not have known him at all.
          He called me by my name (and my name isn't a common one in the US), he knew me, he mentioned stuff that only someone who knew me and went to school with me in elementary/middle school would have known. I remembered the teachers and other classmates names he mentioned, I just had no clue who he was. I was trying to figure it out by the things he was saying. That's generally how I figure out who people are that recognize me but I don't recognize without flat out asking them what their name is.
          sigpic

Comment

He called me by my name (and my name isn't a common one in the US), he knew me, he mentioned stuff that only someone who knew me and went to school with me in elementary/middle school would have known. I remembered the teachers and other classmates names he mentioned, I just had no clue who he was. I was trying to figure it out by the things he was saying. That's generally how I figure out who people are that recognize me but I don't recognize without flat out asking them what their name is.
            Well, as long as it made sense in your head. But that's something we don't have to deal with; very few females will try the utter BS that we do.

Comment

Well, as long as it made sense in your head. But that's something we don't have to deal with; very few females will try the utter BS that we do.
              That might be true lol, or maybe a lot of women are so good at it that most guys just don't realize everything some girl said was total bs.
              sigpic

Comment

That might be true lol, or maybe a lot of women are so good at it that most guys just don't realize everything some girl said was total bs.
                Or, he just doesn't care. He's got "more urgent matters" on his mind. It's not called "the one eyed snake" for nuthin', ya know.

Comment

Or, he just doesn't care. He's got "more urgent matters" on his mind. It's not called "the one eyed snake" for nuthin', ya know.
                  And then he's on the hook for child support, getting his wages garnished and his driver's lisense suspended for non-payment (depending on where he lives).

Now back to Batwoman before someone reports us for being OT lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

And then he's on the hook for child support, getting his wages garnished and his driver's lisense suspended for non-payment (depending on where he lives).

Now back to Batwoman before someone reports us for being OT lol.
                    That would be a tough claim to make considering how much any Berlanti show focuses upon pairing off. Sometimes it seems they spend more screen time on relationships than they do busting bad guys.

Comment

This isn't the 1970s with your one dimensional characters. What you want will never happen because no one would watch it
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The 100 is the only show on the CW where I've consistently liked how they've balanced the romantic relationships to the rest of the show. I love how that show chooses to focus on the relationships between friends and family instead of the characters various romantic entanglements. There are romantic relationships, but they aren't really the primary ones, and I think that they're just handled a lot better and in a more mature way than those in any of the other shows on the CW.
                        sigpic

Comment

The 100 is the only show on the CW where I've consistently liked how they've balanced the romantic relationships to the rest of the show. I love how that show chooses to focus on the relationships between friends and family instead of the characters various romantic entanglements. There are romantic relationships, but they aren't really the primary ones, and I think that they're just handled a lot better and in a more mature way than those in any of the other shows on the CW.
                          The 100 isn't a Berlanti show a.f.a.i.k.

Comment

The 100 isn't a Berlanti show a.f.a.i.k.
                            No, it's not, I wasn't saying it was. I was just commenting that it's the only show on the CW where I've consistently liked the way relationships have been handled.
                            sigpic

Comment

No, it's not, I wasn't saying it was. I was just commenting that it's the only show on the CW where I've consistently liked the way relationships have been handled.
                              And I was commenting on how Berlanti's shows spend so much time on bedroom relationships which shouldn't be a concern on most superhero shows. Frankly (my dear) I don't give a damn.
                              Last edited by Annoyed; 08 June 2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

And I was commenting on how Berlanti's shows spend so much time on bedroom relationships which shouldn't be a concern on most superhero shows. Frankly (my dear) I don't give a damn.
                                Notice that I didn't directly reply to you when I made my comment. I made it after Jelgate's comment and it was meant as a general comment/reply on the topic of relationships on TV shows (specifically CW shows, the network that Batwoman airs on in the US).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X