Stand (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Awesome finale to the season. I hope they don't use the dreaded reset button. As much as I liked Jinks, Mrs Fredrick and H.G. I think it would be a mistake to have them all live again. It would seriously diminish the effect these last two episodes had on the team and on us the viewers. But if they are gonna use a reset please make it a partial reset and not a full reset where everyone is okay again.
    I could live with a partial reset...just not a full-on, lets roll back the clock, and bring everyone back reset.
    sigpic

Comment

It's a matter of how well they do it. Even if it's a full reset, but written very well, and with decent effects, I can live with that. I just don't want a badly-written reset. Of course, only Time Will Tell. (See what I did der? )
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

At the moment, I don't see how they can save the warehouse (and I think THAT, at minimum, will happen) without also saving H.G. and Mrs. Frederic. Not that the writers can't come up with something if they want to, but those two deaths are so specifically linked to the warehouse's destruction that I don't see how one can be rolled back without the others.

Jinx, on the other hand, is another story. His death came before Artie picked up the watch, so I don't think a reset will save him. Claudia might still try, with the metronome, but I don't think it'll stick.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          At the moment, I don't see how they can save the warehouse (and I think THAT, at minimum, will happen) without also saving H.G. and Mrs. Frederic. Not that the writers can't come up with something if they want to, but those two deaths are so specifically linked to the warehouse's destruction that I don't see how one can be rolled back without the others.

Jinx, on the other hand, is another story. His death came before Artie picked up the watch, so I don't think a reset will save him. Claudia might still try, with the metronome, but I don't think it'll stick.
          I agree about Jinx and I can almost see him telling Claudia to let him go if she does use the metronome.

As for Mrs. F., I think she died because her connection to the warehouse was severed so saving it should save her. This may tick off some people but I really think H.G. should keep her noble end. It was a good send off for the character and a way to free Jamie up for the spin-off, if it gets green lit.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            I agree about Jinx and I can almost see him telling Claudia to let him go if she does use the metronome.
            I agree.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            As for Mrs. F., I think she died because her connection to the warehouse was severed so saving it should save her. This may tick off some people but I really think H.G. should keep her noble end. It was a good send off for the character and a way to free Jamie up for the spin-off, if it gets green lit.
            Well, I haven't heard anything indicating they're in any hurry to get going with the spinoff. Although I think Jaime is in Ringer right now - I don't know how major or minor of a role that is. It doesn't tick me off though - I mostly agree. It was a very dramatic and heroic goodbye for her, and bringing her back does seem like it would lessen the impact of that scene. On the other hand, I can't see how they would save the warehouse without saving her. If they stop the explosion from happening, they also prevent her death. *shrugs* But I'm sure the writers can figure out a way around it, if they want to.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              It's a matter of how well they do it. Even if it's a full reset, but written very well, and with decent effects, I can live with that. I just don't want a badly-written reset. Of course, only Time Will Tell. (See what I did der? )
              Yes we saw what you did there

If they save the warehouse that in turn would save Mrs Fredricks and H.G. Wells as their deaths were directly related to the Warehouses destruction. But the way they done the H.G. sacrificing herself to save the others was so well done that I don't want to see it undone. It would serious undermine the emotional impact of her death, especially with Myka. But I can't see how they can save the warehouse without H.Gs death being undone. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this situation.
              sigpic

Comment

They might be able to reverse the timeline, further back into the storyline. Then HG could die another heroic death.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well, I haven't heard anything indicating they're in any hurry to get going with the spinoff. Although I think Jaime is in Ringer right now - I don't know how major or minor of a role that is. It doesn't tick me off though - I mostly agree. It was a very dramatic and heroic goodbye for her, and bringing her back does seem like it would lessen the impact of that scene. On the other hand, I can't see how they would save the warehouse without saving her. If they stop the explosion from happening, they also prevent her death. *shrugs* But I'm sure the writers can figure out a way around it, if they want to.
                  The more I think about the spin off, the more I like the idea so I hope they figure something out soon.

On the bolded part, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

So when does season 4 begin ? thanks all
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      They might be able to reverse the timeline, further back into the storyline. Then HG could die another heroic death.
                      I thought of that, but that I hope they don't do..... I think a do-over on her death would take away the impact just as much as bringing her back to life, maybe more so. It would start to push it into the slightly ridiculous category. How many times are we going to pretend to kill off H.G. before it takes? Pete's destroying....nope she's back. Dying in an explosion....nope, back again. It gets to the point where you're like "really?"

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      So when does season 4 begin ? thanks all
                      It's always started in July, so it probably will again this next year. My guess based on previous premieres would be July 9th or 10th, depending on whether they keep it on Monday or move it back to Tuesday.
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 26 October 2011, 04:13 AM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought of that, but that I hope they don't do..... I think a do-over on her death would take away the impact just as much as bringing her back to life, maybe more so. It would start to push it into the slightly ridiculous category. How many times are we going to pretend to kill off H.G. before it takes? Pete's destroying....nope she's back. Dying in an explosion....nope, back again. It gets to the point where you're like "really?"

It's always started in July, so it probably will again this next year. My guess based on previous premieres would be July 9th or 10th, depending on whether they keep it on Monday or move it back to Tuesday.
                        I hope they move it back a few weeks next summer. The ratings suffered going into a few weeks of competiting with primetime shows
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Having just 'discovered' this show.
                          All I can say is...

I hate cliffhangers...!
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Well, I haven't heard anything indicating they're in any hurry to get going with the spinoff. Although I think Jaime is in Ringer right now - I don't know how major or minor of a role that is.
                            tiny. And she can easily be killed of on Ringer.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

If Mrs F. does not return, this fan is done. Im tired of the same old rehashed plots anyway. I mean how many times can they blow up the Warehouse? It gets old. But I will admit, and this is a first, Claudia was acting like her old self it was refreshing. Still waiting on more Leena all we get are tidbits and hints that is getting old too. (MHO)

Comment

This show only has 2 black actors and they do their best to keep them in the background 90 percent of the time. and they kill of Jinx so fast? So much for diversity. and since Syfy is pulling a Eureka by splitting seasons, this show wont last past season 4. These writer's are clearly running out of Wiki artifact ideas to steal from so they resort to rehashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X