X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NerdyRaptor View Post
    I watched this when I got home today.

Pet Peeves
    1: The Golem is a well known mythical entity that shouldn't have to be explained to a Warehouse 13 ex-agent.
    2: Never explained why the kid was sending viruses to those women, or what effect the virus was intended to cause.
    He didn't know that he was sending a virus, he was hacking into their webcams to spy on them and the Golum was interacting with the code that he used.

I really liked this episode and both plot lines, and while the Myka/Pete story wasn't strong enough to hold it's own episode I kind of wish it was because it was so fun! I love Pete's reaction to Jinx's sexuality. They made it so 'Pete' and didn't have him go down the usual "ah... that's cool... I knew a gay guy once"

Something that bothered me about this storyline; didn't HG say that you are aware the entire time that you're in the bronze? And I can't remember if she said it but I got the impression that one can also hear everything that is said around them while they are bronzed, too. So why did Jinx not have any idea that he had been bronzed? Or were Pete and Myka trying to make him think that he did it to himself? Because if so, they were talking about it right in front of him...

As Magnecite said
    Someone's trying very hard to establish Myka and Pete as buddies
    and I got that impression, too. I'm not an M/P shipper so I like that they are showing they're not trying to put them together romantically, but what do shippers think? Not that we need permission from the show to ship but it can be disheartening for them to keep hammering away at it. Also, did it annoy anyone else that Pete got a great moment of maturity when he said to Myka that she is always going to be his best friend and partner no matter what, but Myka didn't say anything back to him? She could have thanked him or even said "You'll always be my partner and second best friend too" giving Pete the opportunity to slip into his childish mode again and keep pestering her about her first best friend *shrugs* I don't know, but that was Pete being nice Myka, throw him a bone!

I liked the other storyline, too. It was very interesting and it gave all of them to do something: Artie used his warehouse knowledge, Claudia was able to track down an artifact by herself, Hugo got to code, and Vanessa did her Doctor stuff. Seeing Artie out of his element is fun too, and it was good to see Hugo back from Eureka. "Seems like every week something is blowing up" indeed

Apart from a couple of niggly things that I mentioned here, this is definately an episode I won't mind watching when I do a rewatch
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      Something that bothered me about this storyline; didn't HG say that you are aware the entire time that you're in the bronze? And I can't remember if she said it but I got the impression that one can also hear everything that is said around them while they are bronzed, too. So why did Jinx not have any idea that he had been bronzed? Or were Pete and Myka trying to make him think that he did it to himself? Because if so, they were talking about it right in front of him...
      Something to that effect was mentioned, but we (to my knowledge) don't know the specifics of it. Not sure if she could hear things around her, as usually that would be nothing, or was just alone with her own thoughts (hatred and madness).

Jinx acted like no time had gone by at all, which isn't what I expected but who knows...
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe because he was never taken out of the chamber? The Warehouse might have to put a specific device on him to re-awaken a bronzed mind. *shrugs*
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Excellent episode. I think my favorite line was from Artie after he sends out the anti-virus. He says, "Is this heaven?" when he sees Dr. Calder. Then Hugo pops into scene...
          sigpic

Comment

So many great little moments in this, most of which you guys and girls have mentioned, but a special shoutout to a Claudia chase scene set to Bad Reputation by Joan Jett.

MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other aspiring writers in our community
            dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse' and 'Aliasverse' online fiction.

Comment

Read a few reviews on the Love Sick elsewhere and something I never thought of came up when the 'hazing' of Steve went on. If the Warehouse girls had said to HG, oh you like girls as well 'so you know we're straight,' but we'll all take our tops of whenever you like to give you a bit of eye candy .... That would have been an interesting dynamic on WH13.
              Last edited by Magnecite; 27 July 2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

This is why I am no longer a diehard fan, all episodes are heavily featuring Claudia. I've had my fill of her. They should just give Claudia own show so the warehouse can go back to being about artifacts like it used to be. Pete and Myka should be the main characters, NOT Claudia.

Comment

I just wanted to add what really ticks me off is no Leena stories at all, no back story at all for her character. Why have her then she got pushed back at the end of the line. I'm not even sure why Leena is in it all? She even got bumped down on the credit listings so Claudia can take her spot. If I was Genelle Williams I would so be leaving that show shes never invited to a con shes never interviewed, its like she's not even apart of the cast, no one acknowledges her not even the fans, not even Jack Kenny. The writer's seem have forgotten her. Another reason why I dont watch, this show tends to play favorites. It's all about the the guest stars and the story lines ares stupid. I predict this show will not last another season. And Ive been right so far.

It should be Artie/Leena not Artie/Venessa I hate that character she does not fit Artie. Leena fits Artie. The storylines are weak, they have no continuity at all.

These writer's have proven one thing, they have zero concept about character dynamics or relationships, none. They make it up as they go. Myka suddenly has a sister and Pete suddenly has an ex wife? Huh?

Nothing will ever top season 1 of Warehouse13. They can't even come close anymore. I feel like I'm watching a poorman's version of the show.

(mho)
                  Last edited by DSG1; 31 July 2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
                    I just wanted to add what really ticks me off is no Leena stories at all, no back story at all for her character. Why have her then she got pushed back at the end of the line. I'm not even sure why Leena is in it all? She even got bumped down on the credit listings so Claudia can take her spot. If I was Genelle Williams I would so be leaving that show shes never invited to a con shes never interviewed, its like she's not even apart of the cast, no one acknowledges her not even the fans, not even Jack Kenny. The writer's seem have forgotten her. Another reason why I dont watch, this show tends to play favorites. It's all about the the guest stars and the story lines ares stupid. I predict this show will not last another season. And Ive been right so far.
                    Have you considered that Genelle doesn't want a big role? Actors do that sometimes, for the sake of time management.

It should be Artie/Leena not Artie/Venessa I hate that character she does not fit Artie. Leena fits Artie. The storylines are weak, they have no continuity at all.
                    Artie seems a bit...old...for Leena.

These writer's have proven one thing, they have zero concept about character dynamics or relationships, none. They make it up as they go. Myka suddenly has a sister and Pete suddenly has an ex wife? Huh?
                    Myka's sister was mentioned in Season 2, Age Before Beauty. She mentioned that her sister is the "girlier" one.

And as for Pete, are you really surprised that he has an ex? He's...hot.

Nothing will ever top season 1 of Warehouse13. They can't even come close anymore. I feel like I'm watching a poorman's version of the show.

(mho)
                    Of course.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Yeah I agree I'd wish they would explain Leena story more, but I am huge claudia fan so I am happy about that
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Season One the best ....?
                        Watched it as a background type of thing while doing something else. Liked Pete and Myka but I think both Claudia and HG plus Vanessa and whatever Odo is called has added something that takes it to a new dimension. Not so much filler as must see! Leena is nice but not so missable. How often can you talk about auras? If she has a more significant role then it needs development.

Comment

I obviously missed something - when was Pete having an ex-wife mentioned?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            I believe Jeri Ryan is playing her in the next episode.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              He does mention an "ex" in one of the earlier episodes in either S1 or 2. Doesn't mention that the "ex" was as in ex-girlfriend or wife though. Doesn't surprise me that he has an ex-wife though. They've played Pete as a "ladies man" from the beginning.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                I believe Jeri Ryan is playing her in the next episode.
                                Thanks.

And....on another note, I just had a bit of a shock. I was looking on IMDb, and found out Eddie McClintock is 44 years old - I had no idea. I guess I always figured he was close to Joanne Kelly's age. *still a bit stunned* Anyone know how old Pete is supposed to be in the show? Have they ever said? I've always assumed early to mid thirties, but maybe not.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X