No announcement yet.

Endless (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly can't think of a better finale they could have done for this show. Until watching all those flashes of past Warehouse moments when Pete contributed, I didn't really know just how much I was going to miss this show. Both my wife and I choked up a little bit.

Just an amazing way to send off this funny, great show. Thank you Warehouse 13. It was a wild ride.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      Loved it but didn't care for Pete and Myka getting together.
      That was my wife's favorite part. She had wanted them together for a long time. Honestly, I thought they belonged together in the end.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is it silly season for bringing ships that didn't exist together suddenly completely out of left field? First The Mentalist and now WH13.

There was nothing in the previous seasons even hinting to Pete/Myka having any kind of romantic feelings for one another. Then suddenly they're in love? Did they decide one day that "hey it's our last season, let's put Pete/Myka together". It was weird.

But apart from this rather strange decision it's been a really good last few eps. First couple of eps at beginning of the season I felt like there was something missing. Maybe because they knew it was coming to the end, but after that they were back with a bang.

I'm gonna miss this show

And to think I wasn't that keen on Myka when the show first started, now I love her.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I didn't think the relationship was very organic compare to the relationships from Fringe or B5. Pete and Myka didn't grow into each other. They were friends one episode and in love the next. A true friendship would have been better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            Yeah I didn't think the relationship was very organic compare to the relationships from Fringe or B5. Pete and Myka didn't grow into each other. They were friends one episode and in love the next. A true friendship would have been better in my opinion.
            Yeah at least of they shows there was at least some build-up. For 4 seasons they developed a sibling type relationship between them and then they're suddenly in love? The rest of the show was great but this was just strange. I do love to ship (when I see it) but there was zero romantic chemistry, no longing looks or anything like that to even suggest they had feelings in that way. So I'm baffled as to why the writers suddenly decided to do this
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Yeah at least of they shows there was at least some build-up. For 4 seasons they developed a sibling type relationship between them and then they're suddenly in love? The rest of the show was great but this was just strange. I do love to ship (when I see it) but there was zero romantic chemistry, no longing looks or anything like that to even suggest they had feelings in that way. So I'm baffled as to why the writers suddenly decided to do this
              I'm still trying to work the bolded part out myself.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I'm still trying to work the bolded part out myself.
                Actually, I found they had their moments every now and then. Yeah it was rushed, but they were not expecting they had to get to the finish line so fast. I am happy to know they are finally together.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I don't get it either. I loved Pete and Myka's relationship because it was something unique on TV - a close loving completely platonic male/female relationship. I mean, to me, you couldn't get much clearer than Love Sick in season three that Myka had no romantic feelings for Pete (that's the one where she suggests, out of her mind, that they get in bed together, because she knows she would never ever ever do that and in her right mind would never accept the obvious as an explanation). Honestly, after that, I thought Pyka was dead and buried.

I saw this linked on another forum, and I thought it was a great write up of why them putting in Pyka here at the last is so bad for Myka as a character.

Myka Bering and the Defining Moment

That said, I'm not as upset about it as I thought I would be. Probably because I spent all my supply of TV outrage on the Arrow season finale, which aired the week before this. I can only get really worked up about one TV series at a time it seems.

I am sad though because I feel like the end of Warehouse 13 is kind of the end of a TV era for me, one that started with Stargate and Sci-Fi (before it became Syfy). I'm no longer actively watching any Syfy shows - there's just no longer anything there that interests me that much. I do watch Continuum, Haven, and Lost Girl whenever they get around to posting the seasons on Netflix, but I don't know that I consider myself really into those shows. They're just something to binge-watch over a long weekend when I get one. And there just doesn't seem to be much sci-fi in general on TV anymore. I do watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which I guess qualifies, and Doctor Who (although I haven't seen the last two specials and have no idea how I'll take to the new Doctor yet). But...it seems like most of the shows I was really excited about in years past are now gone, and there really isn't new shows coming along right now to take their place. Ah well. There could be worse problems right? Enough of my rambling.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 31 May 2014, 06:20 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    I don't get it either. I loved Pete and Myka's relationship because it was something unique on TV - a close loving completely platonic male/female relationship. I mean, to me, you couldn't get much clearer than Love Sick in season three that Myka had no romantic feelings for Pete (that's the one where she suggests, out of her mind, that they get in bed together, because she knows she would never ever ever do that and in her right mind would never accept the obvious as an explanation). Honestly, after that, I thought Pyka was dead and buried.

I saw this linked on another forum, and I thought it was a great write up of why them putting in Pyka here at the last is so bad for Myka as a character.

That said, I'm not as upset about it as I thought I would be. Probably because I spent all my supply of TV outrage on the Arrow season finale, which aired the week before this. I can only get really worked up about one TV series at a time it seems.

I am sad though because I feel like the end of Warehouse 13 is kind of the end of a TV era for me, one that started with Stargate and Sci-Fi (before it became Syfy). I'm no longer actively watching any Syfy shows - there's just no longer anything there that interests me that much. I do watch Continuum, Haven, and Lost Girl whenever they get around to posting the seasons on Netflix, but I don't know that I consider myself really into those shows. They're just something to binge-watch over a long weekend when I get one. And there just doesn't seem to be much sci-fi in general on TV anymore. I do watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which I guess qualifies, and Doctor Who (although I haven't seen the last two specials and have no idea how I'll take to the new Doctor yet). But...it seems like most of the shows I was really excited about in years past are now gone, and there really isn't new shows coming along right now to take their place. Ah well. There could be worse problems right? Enough of my rambling.
                    I couldn't agree more with the bolded part.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

Wow, I just read that review and reviewer makes a lot of unbelievably accurate points.

I loved Pete and Myka's relationship too cause they went away from the norm of UST between male/female characters. Showed us that two members of the opposite sex CAN have a totally platonic relaionship without sex being involved. They did have great moments together over the seasons and they did have great chemistry together but there was no romantic chemistry going on at any point in the first 4 seasons. Heck she had more romantic chemistry going on with H.G. Wells than with Pete If they kept the Pete/Myka relationship like they done the first 4 seasons then that would have been fine, but I have no idea what they were thinking suddenly getting them to fall in love practically overnight when there was nothing to even suggest they had those kinds of feelings for each other the previous 4 seasons. And I agree it didn't do justice to Myka's defining moment considering what everyone else's defining moment was. It was just a huge mistake whoever was the brainbox behind this decision. Maybe they figured that with it being the last season we may as well get them together even though we never even hinted at them liking each other romantically

Arrow
                      Spoiler:
                      Lemme guess, the whole Oliver/Felicity thing. I know that annoyed me

Well it's a waste of time starting to watch any scifi show these days anyway cause they'll get cancelled in a couple of seasons anyways. I watch S.H.I.E.L.D (it'll only be a matter of time before it gets cancelled), The 100 starts here soon, not sure whether to watch it as it'll only be a matter of time before it's cancelled too. Revolution is cancelled, Almost human started here, didn't bother watching it as it's cancelled, The tomorrow people is also cancelled that I started watching, Believe I started and it's been cancelled so just deleted what I was still to watch. Intelligence is also cancelled. Really, what's the point in even starting to watch new shows?
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I just read that review and reviewer makes a lot of unbelievably accurate points.

I loved Pete and Myka's relationship too cause they went away from the norm of UST between male/female characters. Showed us that two members of the opposite sex CAN have a totally platonic relaionship without sex being involved. They did have great moments together over the seasons and they did have great chemistry together but there was no romantic chemistry going on at any point in the first 4 seasons. Heck she had more romantic chemistry going on with H.G. Wells than with Pete If they kept the Pete/Myka relationship like they done the first 4 seasons then that would have been fine, but I have no idea what they were thinking suddenly getting them to fall in love practically overnight when there was nothing to even suggest they had those kinds of feelings for each other the previous 4 seasons. And I agree it didn't do justice to Myka's defining moment considering what everyone else's defining moment was. It was just a huge mistake whoever was the brainbox behind this decision. Maybe they figured that with it being the last season we may as well get them together even though we never even hinted at them liking each other romantically
                        I completely agree.

Arrow
                        Spoiler:
                        No, though
                        Spoiler:
                        I totally get why that annoyed people. No it was that last scene with Sara and Laurel.
                        I posted about it in the episode thread here.

Well it's a waste of time starting to watch any scifi show these days anyway cause they'll get cancelled in a couple of seasons anyways. I watch S.H.I.E.L.D (it'll only be a matter of time before it gets cancelled), The 100 starts here soon, not sure whether to watch it as it'll only be a matter of time before it's cancelled too. Revolution is cancelled, Almost human started here, didn't bother watching it as it's cancelled, The tomorrow people is also cancelled that I started watching, Believe I started and it's been cancelled so just deleted what I was still to watch. Intelligence is also cancelled. Really, what's the point in even starting to watch new shows?
                        Yeah I watched Intelligence and Almost Human. I know what you mean. I do want to watch Agent Carter next season though, however long it lasts. I like Peggy Carter.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Arrow
                          Spoiler:

Its not just SciFi. Most shows follow that trend. I think oeole get too invested in TV shows.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Its not just SciFi. Most shows follow that trend. I think oeole get too invested in TV shows.
                            Maybe, but I wonder if it's even worthwhile watching new shows if they're only gonna last a few eps or a season or 2. Seems pointless.

At least we did get an ending with WH13 and it wasn't left in limbo, even if it wasn't he best ending. I've come to the conclusion that most (not all but most) writers on TV shows aren't good at writing endings or writing romance. We still need endings when a TV show finishes (if we're lucky) so can't get away from that but maybe they should just leave romance out of it as most of the time they just make a pigs ear of it.
                            sigpic

Comment

TV has always been pointless. Finding meaning in it is a major fallacy many people fall for. I have come to the conclusion series finales are very polarizing. People either hate it or love. It seems they are almost always this way
                              Last edited by jelgate; 02 June 2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: Had a Linda/goldfish moment
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Is polarizing another way of saying they suck p
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X