X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh dirt!

'Eureka,' 'Warehouse 13' Plan Christmas Episodes

Christmas episodes work for "Doctor Who," so why not for Syfy's most popular scripted programs?

Although they won't necessarily air on Christmas Day, Syfy is holding back an episode each of "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13" for a special Christmas outing that will include not only a holiday-centric (and standalone) episode, but special guest appearances as well.

Judd Hirsch and Paul Blackthorne will make their way to "Warehouse 13" while Chris Parnell and Matt Frewer pop up on "Eureka." Hirsch, of course, is known for "Taxi" as well as the 1980s comedy "Dear John." Blackthorne wowed genre audiences as Harry Dresden on "The Dresden Files," and most recently as Christian Harper in three episodes of "The Gates."

Parnell is an alum of NBC's "Saturday Night Live," while Frewer has been in a number of genre projects including "Star Trek: The Next Generation," the recent Syfy movie "Alice," and best known for being Max Headroom.

Santa Claus is coming to "Warehouse 13," but he's not the kind we remember, and both Pete and Myka -- played by Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly -- have to track him down. In the meantime, Artie (Saul Rubinek) gets in touch with his Jewish side, reuniting with his estranged father Isadore Weisfelt (Hirsch) for Hanukkah.

Blackthorne plays a harried workaholic who becomes terrorized by a strange series of robberies committed by a thief dressed as Santa Claus, according to a release.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm excited about Paul being on the show. Here's hoping that he and Joanne have some screen time together. I'm not holding my breath though.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Ha. I was right. Yes I'm rubbing it in
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe Santa has a bottomless sack, or horseshoes that let horses (reindeers) fly..?

Blackthorne plays a harried workaholic who becomes terrorized by a strange series of robberies committed by a thief dressed as Santa Claus, according to a release.
          So it's not actually Santa? Uhoh, jelgate maybe don't rub it in just yet...

Comment

It has to be the suit.

Comment

Suit which makes you fat and rosy and fit through chimneys? I like.

Comment

Hee-hee-hee. It worked for Tim Allen in The Santa Claus.
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

A bit more, which isn't a lot more than we already knew:

This holiday season, however, Artie -- played by Saul Rubinek -- will have his own bit of emotional turmoil when Judd Hirsch visits "Warehouse 13" to play his father. It's part of a Christmas episode airing in December (along with a holiday version of "Eureka") that picks up when Claudia (Allison Scagliotti) looks for the piano Artie had as a kid. It will be directed by Kenny.

"It's completely standalone, separate from our season," Kenny said. Pete and Myka, played by Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, have to head to Los Angeles (well, more like Toronto in August) to hunt down an artifact instead of spending Christmas with their families, and they run into Paul Blackthorne from "Dresden Files" fame, and who played Christian Harper in four episodes of the CBS series "The Gates."

"It is very loosely based on the 'Christmas Carol' kind of story, and it's really fun," Kenny said.

Also see a video here with Jack Kenny and CCH Pounder talking about it
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So are these part of the season or outside of the season like in Dr. Who?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Seems that it will be part of the season, but outside the season. If that makes sense. The seasons are going to always be 13 eps (that's how Jack Kenny wants it for now) so there will be 12 eps before the Christmas special. The cliff hanger will probably happen before the special but the special will not have anything to do with the cliffhanger. At least that's how I understood what Jack was saying in the video that Digifluid posted a link to.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        Seems that it will be part of the season, but outside the season. If that makes sense. The seasons are going to always be 13 eps (that's how Jack Kenny wants it for now) so there will be 12 eps before the Christmas special. The cliff hanger will probably happen before the special but the special will not have anything to do with the cliffhanger. At least that's how I understood what Jack was saying in the video that Digifluid posted a link to.
                        Dr. Who has it's 13 episodes (It has not had a Cliffhanger) then after the season is over, the Special comes on like a TV movie. I was hoping it's 13 episodes and then the special like Who...oh well
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Judd Hirsch as Artie's Dad sounds pretty cool, I almost always like him in movies and shows! He almost always plays a cool Jewish Father as well (i.e. Numbers and Independence Day...among others)
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks like this episode will air on December 7, following the Eureka Christmas special.

LINK
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Looks like this episode will air on December 7, following the Eureka Christmas special.

LINK
                              Woah! I didn't even know there was a Eureka special too! December is gonna rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                Woah! I didn't even know there was a Eureka special too! December is gonna rock!
                                The force is strong with this month....
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X