Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 Season 2 - Hopes/Fears/Predictions (contains season 1 spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the high ratings I have a hard time understanding why they don't up it to 18 eps or something?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      With the high ratings I have a hard time understanding why they don't up it to 18 eps or something?
      If SyFy does anything well its incompetence

Realastically their are only so many shows they can offer 20 episode seasons too. For whatever reason W13 stayed at 13. Ratings are just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to renewal
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I too would like more than 13 episodes. But, it is what it is. We just have to be happy we are getting the 13 we are.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If I'm not mistaken part of the reasoning behind the 13 eps is because show runner Jack Kenny likes it that way. At least that's what he's said in an interview that jelgate has posted before. I'm in the minority, I actually like the 13 eps or shorter seasons but then I've been watching The Closer for going on 6 years now and it only has 15 eps a season. Less chance of having a buttload of "eh that could have been better/that sucked" type eps.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            If I'm not mistaken part of the reasoning behind the 13 eps is because show runner Jack Kenny likes it that way. At least that's what he's said in an interview that jelgate has posted before. I'm in the minority, I actually like the 13 eps or shorter seasons but then I've been watching The Closer for going on 6 years now and it only has 15 eps a season. Less chance of having a buttload of "eh that could have been better/that sucked" type eps.
            I kind interpert that as Jack Kenny playing PR. They way he says we( SyFy and him ) discussed going above 13 says that ultimately SyFy said 13. If he starts badmouthing the network well the show gets removed.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I kind interpert that as Jack Kenny playing PR. They way he says we( SyFy and him ) discussed going above 13 says that ultimately SyFy said 13. If he starts badmouthing the network well the show gets removed.
              Yeah, he probably is trying to play nice. And I can't say I blame him for that.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yeah, he probably is trying to play nice. And I can't say I blame him for that.
                It's also possible that it was his idea originally but either way I'm fine with it. There is less chance of there being a bunch of crappy "filler" eps with shorter seasons.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  It's also possible that it was his idea originally but either way I'm fine with it. There is less chance of there being a bunch of crappy "filler" eps with shorter seasons.
                  Not all so called "filler" episodes are crappy, at least IMO.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Not all so called "filler" episodes are crappy, at least IMO.
                    As much as I love W13 a lot of S1 was filler.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      As much as I love W13 a lot of S1 was filler.
                      And to me, not all of that was bad.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And to me, not all of that was bad.
                        Never said it was. Filler episodes tend to get this bad rep and some the best episodes in television is filler.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

This confuses me. Looking at the numbers for Sanctuary, and it fell below not only it's first season, but SGA did better in total viewers and age demos for it's final season. Now W13 had the highest ratings for the network. It even made records, beating SGA's record for a SyFy series. Why is W13 not getting an up order and Sanctuary is? It is just proof again that ratings are only the icing on the cake and not the full layers. Sanctuary must be really really cheap to produce, and from watching the quality I think I would have to agree with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA View Post
                            Personally, I'd like to see more of their backstories, particularly Artie's, Leena's, Mrs. Frederic, etc.
                            Indeed!
                            Spoiler:
                            I would love to see how Leena got involved w/ MacPherson
                            "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                            -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              Lolz. I guess I just assumed he would.
                              me too... go figure

Spoiler:
                              he doesn't really seem to be the kinda character that can be killed off, does he?
                              "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                              -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Sanctuary must be really really cheap to produce, and from watching the quality I think I would have to agree with that.

Hey! there's nothing wrong with Sanctuary. i think it's on the same level as WH13.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X