Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    WP - OMG, that is the best comment ever.

Kyarra - there is a stereotype (unfortunately) that says any woman who wears a plaid/flannel shirt is obviously a lesbian.
    Thank'ee. Too bad nobody took the bait, I had some remarks about bagpipes and haggis all lined up.

O.o....oh dear. I wear plaid shirts all the time. Well, I guess that's stereotyping for you.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      Thank'ee. Too bad nobody took the bait, I had some remarks about bagpipes and haggis all lined up.

O.o....oh dear. I wear plaid shirts all the time. Well, I guess that's stereotyping for you.
      It's always right?

I MEAN WHAT?! I didn't say that! *thwaps Los*
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        It's always right?

I MEAN WHAT?! I didn't say that! *thwaps Los*
        I may be fashion-impaired, but I'm also straight as an arrow.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I may be fashion-impaired, but I'm also straight as an arrow.
          I'm surprised plaid has made a comeback or is it that it never went away for the fashion impaired. Anyway on a more interesting note Myka does seem to have developed a tendency for loose shirts as opposed to her usual fitted one's. I have noted it bandied about that she's become a HG clone with the hair, boots and long shirts, do you think her fashion change is because she thought HG got better outfits (compare Tomb Raider outfit to Myka's rather dull t-shirt in Buried/Reset) just a fashion coincidence or has she put on weight. This is intended to be a light hearted discussion (direction for the sense of humour impaired). We know from the episode when she was a model, she has a tendency towards carrying extra weight. I remember unkind comments about her being the fat girl.

Oh, no, I stand corrected, next week ringing the changes again .....
          Last edited by Magnecite; 20 July 2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Plaid made a come back? Who knew?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
              I'm surprised plaid has made a comeback or is it that it never went away for the fashion impaired. Anyway on a more interesting note Myka does seem to have developed a tendency for loose shirts as opposed to her usual fitted one's. I have noted it bandied about that she's become a HG clone with the hair, boots and long shirts, do you think her fashion change is because she thought HG got better outfits (compare Tomb Raider outfit to Myka's rather dull t-shirt in Buried/Reset) just a fashion coincidence or has she put on weight. This is intended to be a light hearted discussion (direction for the sense of humour impaired). We know from the episode when she was a model, she has a tendency towards carrying extra weight. I remember unkind comments about her being the fat girl.

Oh, no, I stand corrected, next week ringing the changes again .....
              No Myka doesn't have a tendency to carry extra weight, the comments about her weight were coming from the model people. No one in the Warehouse family mentioned it. Seems to me that even Pete thought the comments about her weight were too much. Myka kept telling them she wasn't fat, and she's not. Seriously, if Myka is fat then I should be dead like 3 times over because I know I'm fat, way fatter than Myka is.

I think those comments were very pointed to show how the modeling industry has be one of the biggest contributing factors to why most women have body image issues. Women and girls get these skinny as a rail models shoved down our throats constantly and I think the show was making a statement against that.

Carry on with your light hearted discussion about how fat Myka isn't.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

No Myka doesn't have a tendency to carry extra weight, the comments about her weight were coming from the model people. No one in the Warehouse family mentioned it. Seems to me that even Pete thought the comments about her weight were too much. Myka kept telling them she wasn't fat, and she's not. Seriously, if Myka is fat then I should be dead like 3 times over because I know I'm fat, way fatter than Myka is.

I think those comments were very pointed to show how the modeling industry has be one of the biggest contributing factors to why most women have body image issues. Women and girls get these skinny as a rail models shoved down our throats constantly and I think the show was making a statement against that.

Carry on with your light hearted discussion about how fat Myka isn't.
                Absolutely, I didn't particularly like that episode but it had some good moments. The 'behind the fat girl' was one of the best. I suppose I have to state the absolutely obvious because subtelty goes down like the Titantic. I really like JK's Myka but I don't like the new hair or the fact that shoulder pads or whatever make her look like a tank ... which she obviously isn't. Something about the hair looks like a wig. Anyway, there has been an element of remodelling with both stars and Pete's hair is a bit 1950's too. His body is looking a bit special. Stop with the candy, Eddie. Suffer to the end of the season.

Comment

Or for the cable-less among us, Tuesday afternoon
                  Or for those of us who are busy...
                  Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Until SyFy makes you wait 30 days
                  Don't even joke about that The humanity...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Or for those of us who are busy...

Don't even joke about that The humanity...
                    I wasn't joking.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Her hidden Scottish ancestry. It was going to be one of the big season 3 reveals.
                      Hey I'm Scottish and I don't wear Plaid

WP - OMG, that is the best comment ever.

Kyarra - [bthere is a stereotype (unfortunately) that says any woman who wears a plaid/flannel shirt is obviously a lesbian.[/b]
                      There is? huh, I didn't know that.

I haven't seen any of the new season yet cause it doesn't start here till August 4th, and I am getting really impatient.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Hey I'm Scottish and I don't wear Plaid
                        You don't? But...then....what color is your kilt?
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Tartan hehe I don't wear a kilt I wear Jeans
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Tartan hehe I don't wear a kilt I wear Jeans
                              You have been assimilated....didn't we say that resistance was futile?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                You have been assimilated....didn't we say that resistance was futile?
                                You Better watch...she might cut off your assimilation tubual!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X