Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Spy has spoilers for Dead Man Walking:

"This magnificent episode is full of twists and surprises, so we won't give too much away. There's just one fake spoiler to weed out this week, but don't cheat by chatting to anyone who has already watched the episode on BBC3!
    Spoiler:

1) There's a mystery hidden in St Mary's church.
    2) Martha is angry with Jack for keeping a certain alien artefact from UNIT.
    3) 231165 is the code for the alien morgue.
    4) Jack is pursued through a car park by hordes of Weevils.
    5) Martha reveals that UNIT is controlled by Sir Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.
    6) Jack claims to have once dated French novelist Marcel Proust.
    7) Ianto is told by Jack to search for "dimensional anomalies". Have they been watching Primeval?
    8) There is a scene involving the projectile regurgitation of large quantities of Guinness."
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
      5) Martha reveals that UNIT is controlled by Sir Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.
      Aww... I wish that wasn't the fake one...

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        Spoiler:
        no! i refuse to believe this is the end of Owen.... mainly b/c i've read synoptic spoilers that sya owen's in later eps... but that's beside the point he's really become a part of the team during the time Jack was away, and he's shed into a very different light this series... it'd be a shame to waste such a wonderfully potential character!!

I also agree.

Spoiler:
        Owen has "grown up" as it were. I hope in what zuz say's in response to you we'll get a "live Owen", not walking around "dead Owen".

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

(((LaCroix))) re Owen:
          Spoiler:
          Burn Gorman said in his recent interview for Newsarama that he will be back for season 3 of TW

Quote:
          "NRAMA: Would you love to have a career path like his?

BG: Well, at the moment I’m in England getting ready for the National Theater. That’s my next job. So I’m getting ready to do some classical theater. Then I’m going to do a BBC 4 thing about comedians in the 60s. Then back to doing Torchwood season three for BBC 2. I’m lucky in that I’m able to do very different parts, whether it’s film or whatever is around.

This is why I’m wary of getting identified with one particular character. The more popular Torchwood becomes, then I have to see where it goes. I do like to be as anonymous as possible. I want to be able to do very varied roles and have been lucky enough to do that. Although I do admit I would like to come to the U.S. and do some Who conventions, just to see what they are like."

So no worries. And I really don't believe that they would have zombie!Owen to stay for another season.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Both Torchwood and Doctor Who got nominated for 2008 Saturn Awards in Best International Series category.

Check out this year’s list of nominees here.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

(((LaCroix))) re Owen:
              Spoiler:
              Burn Gorman said in his recent interview for Newsarama that he will be back for season 3 of TW

Quote:
              "NRAMA: Would you love to have a career path like his?

BG: Well, at the moment I’m in England getting ready for the National Theater. That’s my next job. So I’m getting ready to do some classical theater. Then I’m going to do a BBC 4 thing about comedians in the 60s. Then back to doing Torchwood season three for BBC 2. I’m lucky in that I’m able to do very different parts, whether it’s film or whatever is around.

This is why I’m wary of getting identified with one particular character. The more popular Torchwood becomes, then I have to see where it goes. I do like to be as anonymous as possible. I want to be able to do very varied roles and have been lucky enough to do that. Although I do admit I would like to come to the U.S. and do some Who conventions, just to see what they are like."

So no worries. And I really don't believe that they would have zombie!Owen to stay for another season.
              he can come to Atlanta any time.. he can come this year if he wants... then i'll most definately by a con pass for TimeGate
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Burn Gorman's interview for Newsarama:

"BG: It’s only when we go out we find out how passionate people are; especially Torchwood. It was kind of an experiment. It really is a standalone. We thought that was going to how it would be accepted. We know we have links with Doctor Who, but it’s kind of Star Trek-like. In the States, we know that’s how it’s been accepted.

NRAMA: Now pardon me for saying so, but I really thought the first season of Torchwood was truly uneven. I thought there were some wonderful episodes, like “Out of Time,” but the ending for “Cyberwoman” was bad, really bad.

BG: Absolutely. I agree with you. My feeling is they didn’t know, they weren’t sure, about the world of Torchwood. They knew it was an Earth-based organization; alien hunters, and finding out about alien technology, and based in Cardiff. But they were not sure about the dynamics of the team. We went in blind with very little information on our end apart from Jack and the Doctor, and they were sort in the backstory.

I think one thing was the first season kind of dwelt too much on the team’s shortcomings as opposed to the team working together, although that was interesting in the end. This led to inconsistencies that became slightly jarring. I think we really tried to address that since then."

"Another thing is I just wish other members of the cast are forced to get their kit off like I had to in the first season. To be honest, I’m absolutely thankful that Owen got to keep his clothes on this entire season. I mean Captain Jack is supposed to be this gorgeous god. I think more people would like to see him around without his clothes than Owen. [laughs]"

read the rest here -it's spoilerlite-
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood Magazine #2 Details

In this issue you can read:

* The latest news on Torchwood
                  * Interviews with Eve Myles and Freema Agyeman
                  * Previews to episodes 7-10
                  * Exclusive info from the Mill on the special effects and more!

Issue 2 is on sale from Thursday 21st of February 2008 priced £3.75!

cover art:
                  Spoiler:
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood - Zap2It: Interview with Gareth David-Lloyd:

From Zap2It:

http://blog.zap2it.com/scifi/2008/02...erview-wi.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

An Interview with 'Torchwood' star Gareth David-Lloyd

By Tamara Brooks

February 22, 09:59 AM

Eariler this week, I was fortunate enough to speak with Torchwood
                    star Gareth David-Lloyd (who plays Secretary/Field Agent/Love
                    Interest/Incredibly Dapper Dresser Ianto Jones) about music, why the
                    team at Torchwood 3 are so friendly with each other, and things we
                    can look forward to in future episodes.

Possible Spoilers [at the site]!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's a great interview, morjana. When I read it yesterday, it occurred to me, how GDL is open and honest when giving interviews (almost too open and too honest) and how the interviewers prod him mercilessly for more info and more spoilers and he almost always ends up saying too much (probably more than he intended and def more than the other cast members - John, Burn, Naoko and Eve).
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Totally Torchwood on "THE RIFT" TW Convention:

Word is out about a Torchwood convention on Saturday, 26th of April. It is called "The Rift" and James Marsters (Captain John), Alan Dale (Torchwood Season 2 Guest Star), Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones) and Richard Stokes (Producer) are already listed on the guest list. The convention will be located in Porchester Hall, in Bayswater, London. Tickets go on sale today (February 10) at 9:00am UK time on JamesMarstersLive.com.
                        Eve Myles is also in

"EVE MYLES JOINS THE RIFT

Eve Myles, Torchwood's Gwen Cooper, is heading to London for The Rift, a day-long event taking place at Porchester Hall on Saturday, April 26.

Joining Eve at her first Torchwood event appearance will be James Marsters, Alan Dale, Gareth David-Lloyd and Torchwood producer Richard Stokes."
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SyFy Portal has interview with Freema Agyeman:

Spoiler:
                          ..., beginning with the sixth episode of “Torchwood,” the now fully qualified Dr. Martha Jones will take on the weird, the wacky and the paranormal from Cardiff Bay as part of Team Torchwood. But don’t expect to see a darker Martha, especially since the BBC believes she’ll attract a slightly younger audience.

"They are very mindful that I’ll be going between the two shows," Agyeman said. "We know Martha has a large youth following so we’ve been mindful that we’re not having sex or swearing in case some of the younger fans tune in. Even though there is a pre-watershed edit we can’t control who will tune in."

When she joined the series, Agyeman felt she had a good idea of what to expect with regards to production, writing and acting – unfortunately she wasn’t quite prepared for John “The Prankster” Barrowman who welcomed her to the series in his own special way. And he did it with a song.

“There is always something with John, but half of it is rude so I won’t go into it,” Agyeman said with a laugh. “I don’t know anyone with such a natural energy like him. For my first day he prepared a lovely song about Martha preaching about The Doctor and traveling the world. And then after a year she was doing it with a banjo. They are all just so witty on the show with a lot of laughter on the set and I feel so fortunate to be a part of it.”
                          read the rest here mild spoilers for TW ep 6 and series 4 of Doctor Who
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

About.com has a lengthy interview with Naoko Mori

Spoiler:
                            ".... in "Meat" [2x04] Toshiko had totally forgotten about Tommy, and was starting to moon over Owen.

Oh, I know. She is a little bit desperate.

Was the overt crush on Owen something that you saw coming, or did it just crop up recently?

Well she's always had a crush on Owen, I think, which certainly was there a bit in the first series. I think she's always had a soft spot there. And in a way it's probably less of a romantic thing -- well, she probably thinks it's less of a romantic thing. She really wants someone to connect with, as we all do. As a colleague and a friend I think she really does care for him. And he does for her.

But I think she's definitely got a kind of crush on him. And it comes and goes. She's a very logical person, so she's probably thinking, "Oh no, this can't be right, it probably won't work" -- they're very different personalities -- but at the same time she feels like they would be perfect for each other. Who else can she share her life with, who understands Torchwood?

And there's something under Owen's bluff exterior, I think, that maybe only Toshiko can see.

Yes, absolutely. And he's not a bad guy, and she recognizes that, and it's almost like she holds onto that. He can be sort of gritty. But I think as a whole everyone's getting on much better this season as far as the characters are concerned. It's a lot warmer and friendlier, whereas the first season we were so catty with each other. But that's normal too, because if you're with someone 24/7, like family, you are going to go through that. You can argue and disagree and have a bad time with these people because you're close and love and care for each other. "

read the rest here spoilers up to Adam
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SyFy Portal has interview with Freema Agyeman:

read the rest here mild spoilers for TW ep 6 and series 4 of Doctor Who
                              "In this business, no one has to do anyone any favors, and if they weren’t happy, I’d be completely away."

This makes a change, an actress understanding that the "business" decisions are not personal.

I haven't got time to read the rest, have to go to work but it sounds like they did bring her in to get younger viewers... how incredibly ODD for a show that is meant to be "adult".

Comment

AfterElton.com interview with Gareth David-Lloyd here

talks of Janto, DW, and GDL's music career, with mentions of S3 of TW

Spoiler:
                                : So you weren’t in a place where you needed to be educated about it. One thing we found really interesting is that there are a lot of female fans who are really into the idea of two men being together romantically. Do you have a lot of female fans that are pushing for a relationship between Jack and Ianto?
                                GDL: Oh, definitely. I try to stay clear away from the Internet, but you find yourself reading fan fiction and it takes up a lot of time. Yeah, absolutely. That’s definitely one of the biggest questions for fans as far as Janto. Everyone’s for Jack and Ianto to get together.

AE: We know Torchwood has been commissioned for a third series – congrats on that. A reader asks, If you could have a wish list of one thing that you would want to happen with Ianto on series three, what would that be?
                                GDL: I haven’t really thought of it actually. Maybe a surfacing of some more depth of darkness and anguish – that would be quite fun to play.

enjoy!
                                I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X