Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly request to US, Canadian, and Australian viewers of Torchwood from UK cousins:

Tonight and tomorrow Torchwood: Miracle Day premières for the US, Canada, and Australia. I believe I can speak for all UK viewers when I make these requests to our fellow fans in those countries:

• Please, please remember that due to the BBC, UK viewers are going to be a week behind and so we kindly ask that when discussing all episodes of Torchwood: Miracle Day here on this thread in any depth that it be done within Spoiler tags.

• Please ensure that all Spoiler tags are marked as containing Torchwood: Miracle Day spoilers just so we UK fans know what is contained within the tags before we go clicking on them and accidentally spoil ourselves.

Thank you in advance for your discretion. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    UK Torchwood Viewers

Last edited by Alan; 08 July 2011, 10:27 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So how 'bout Miracle Day, eh? I can't believe they just killed Gwen like that. Pretty sneaky. Also, Snape killed Dumbledore!?
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Ohh.... you..... you.... You should be staked to an ant hill with jam smeared all over your favourite bits.

But seriously guys, can I just echo what Alan said. I'm really annoyed with the BBC for making us wait a week to see this & I really don't want to be spoiled if I can help it. Thanks muchly everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Friendly request to US, Canadian, and Australian viewers of Torchwood from UK cousins:

Tonight and tomorrow Torchwood: Miracle Day premières for the US, Canada, and Australia. I believe I can speak for all UK viewers when I make these requests to our fellow fans in those countries:

• Please, please remember that due to the BBC, UK viewers are going to be a week behind and so we kindly ask that when discussing all episodes of Torchwood: Miracle Day here on this thread in any depth that it be done within Spoiler tags.

• Please ensure that all Spoiler tags are marked as containing Torchwood: Miracle Day spoilers just so we UK fans know what is contained within the tags before we go clicking on them and accidentally spoil ourselves.

Thank you in advance for your discretion. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
          UK Torchwood Viewers

Isn't this common practice? However, this thread does say it contains spoilers...and in every other thread with the spoiler warning in the thread title spoiler tags are optional. Not trying to start an argument...just sayin'.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          So how 'bout Miracle Day, eh? I can't believe they just killed Gwen like that. Pretty sneaky. Also, Snape killed Dumbledore!?
          I know...right I was so sad about Gwen! And OMG...get out! Snape killed Dumbledore? Who would've thunk?
          sigpic

Comment

It was worth the wait!!! Fabulous start to season 4!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
              It was worth the wait!!! Fabulous start to season 4!!
              I concur! Excellent start to the season. However, in another thread, I read that the UK version will be a few minutes longer and have added material.
              sigpic

Comment

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/11...rchwood_JR.htm

Looks like TW is doing well for Canada's Space. Though I think going HD probably helped! And it was glorious in HD!
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

'Torchwood: Miracle Day' Premieres as Well as 'Camelot'

Originally posted by from TVBTN
                  I haven’t seen any demo info yet, but the premiere of Torchwood: Miracle Day was on par with the premiere of Camelot. The good news is that Camelot was Starz’ highest-rated original series premiere to date. The bad news is Camelot was, you know, canceled. It’s the future numbers that will tell the tale of how Starz feels about Torchwood. All the caveats of “it doesn’t include On Demand or Internet viewing” apply, but they applied with Camelot as well, and neither Camelot or Torchwood: Miracle Day was available immediately on Netflix.

Here’s the info via Starz:

“Torchwood: Miracle Day’s” post-holiday weekend premiere on July 8 delivered a combined Friday night audience of 1.51 million viewers P2+; 819K viewers for Friday at 10PM ET/PT (1.9 Live + SD HH Rating) and 687K for 11pm ET/PT (1.4 Live + SD HH Rating).

Total weekend viewership (Friday airings + Sunday 10PM ET/PT and 1AM ET/PT airings) was 2 million viewers P2+, Live + SD (1.96M).

The performance of “Torchwood: Miracle Day” was at parity with the network’s April debut of “Camelot” (1.57M viewers Friday night/2.087 weekend million – both P2+, Live +SD), Starz highest-rated original series premiere to date.
                  demo info:
                  Torchwood: Miracle Day, scored a 0.3 adults 18-49 rating and though the Friday and weekend cumulative numbers were on par with the premiere of Camelot, the initial telecast of Camelot in April premiered much better (0.5 A18-49 rating and 1.125 million viewers). Some more details on the premiere are here, and again, it’s the future week’s numbers that will matter most.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

It also did very well here in Canada. The viewership of the premiere was up 55% over viewership figures for Children of Earth, Day One.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Glad to hear its doing well!
                      sigpic

Comment

The New World: UK Ratings
                        Friday, July 15, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

Torchwood: The New World had an average audience of 4.8 million viewers on BBC One and BBC One HD, according to unofficial overnight figures.

The UK première of the new series had an 21% share of the audience and was the 5th most watched programme of the day, behind the four main soaps. It won the 9pm timeslot, with Single Handed on ITV1 getting 3.7 million viewers.

Episode One of the last Torchwood series, Children of Earth, had an overnight ratings of 5.9 million and a final figure of 6.47 million viewers.

The final ratings for The New World will be released next week and will include those who record the programme and watch it within seven days.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...k-ratings.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Pretty good viewing figures.

Here is the UK trailer shown after The New World last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Pretty good viewing figures.
                            They're okay but nothing spectacular and maybe even worrying. Also worryingly, from what I've read, that as the hour progressed viewing figures actually fell for Torchwood. I've never heard of that happening for a BBC show before. If that trend continues then Episodes 2 to 10 could see a severe drop in viewing levels.
                            Last edited by Alan; 15 July 2011, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I'm not too worried at this stage. It will be interesting to see the iplayer viewing figures and the final viewing figures though. TW could be going the same way as Doctor Who, with huge delayed viewing figures and many people viewing on iplayer. *fingers crossed*

Comment

If you do have Netflix, TW can be watched on their Live STARZ Channel that shows whatever is currently airing. I'm watching it right now.

Saw someone mention it elsewhere last week but figured it would be blocked this week...but it's not so far.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X