Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
    And yet companies wonder why people like to pirate. BBC will have these on their website for viewing after they've aired.

sigpic

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day DVD and Blu-Ray boxsets available for Pre-Order
      July 5th, 2011

Torchwood: Miracle Day us up for pre-order with British on-line story Play.com. They are saying Region B / Region 2 is due for release on November 14th. According to the TBC artwork, the boxsets contain 3-discs The Blu-Ray is priced at £27-99 whilst the DVD priced at £17-99 and the special features are listed as:
      • Magical FX on Miracle Day' Special
      • Behind the Scenes
      • Motion Comic
      • Art Dept Tour

Link for Play.com DVD pre-order: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/20842448/Torchwood-Miracle-Day/Product.html?searchstring=torchwood&searchtype=r2alldvd&searchfilters=s{torchwoo d}%2bc{57}%2b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=6&urlrefer=search

Link for Play.com Blu-Ray pre-order: http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/20842453/Torchwood-Miracle-Day/Product.html?searchstring=torchwood&searchtype=r2alldvd&searchfilters=s{torchwoo d}%2bc{57}%2b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=6&urlrefer=search
      Last edited by Alan; 07 March 2017, 05:46 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Right now the hype machine is still in Go-mode so from all I've read and at this present moment in time the answer to your question is "yes". That answer may very well change.
        Given the sort of outfit that RTD likes to put his actresses in I am holding out for Gwen in a french maids uniform :-)

after all Rose, Martha and Kilie have all done that look.
        ----------------------------
        You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
          Given the sort of outfit that RTD likes to put his actresses in I am holding out for Gwen in a french maids uniform :-)

after all Rose, Martha and Kilie have all done that look.
          Unfortunately every report I've seen which talks about sex and nudity in this next season of Torchwood has only concentrated on Captain Jack Harkness and some male conquest of his. I think that is because when the news was initially heard about the show going to the US that fans worried that Jack's omni-sexuality would get watered down for TV over there. But now the show is co-produced and shown on the more daring US channel of Starz and about to air, the reports are grabbing on to Jack having a one-night stand with a man so as to lay to rest fans worries that by having Jack in a show co-produced with a US TV company that he would be turned in to a typical ladies man, Captain Kirk-type hero.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Hi folks,

My name is James, and I'm actually working with Starz; I just wanted to thank you all for your interest - and to say that I think your confidence in Torchwood: Miracle Day will be rewarded (though obviously I can't really get into details about that until the show premieres )

Anyway, I noticed a few posts earlier in the thread from folks interested in Torchwood: Miracle Day but for whatever reason didn't have a way to watch it. Well, good news - starting at 12:01 AM ET/PT on Friday, July 8th, Starz will be streaming the first episode in its entirity on their website! Now you've got no reason to miss out - in fact, since the episode doesn't premiere until 10 PM that night, you'll actually be seeing it early! Here's a direct link to the page for your convenience:

http://bit.ly/TWMiracleDay

We've also got a Foursquare page up and running - check it out, follow us, and stay tuned for some big news coming soon!

https://foursquare.com/torchwood_starz

Like I said, I'm working with Starz - if you have any questions about Torchwood: Miracle Day, just let me know!

Comment

JOHN BARROWMAN WANTS A DOCTOR WHO COMEBACK

Thursday July 7,2011
              By Daily Express reporter

ACTOR John Barrowman has launched a public appeal to Doctor Who bosses to let him return to the hit show after an absence of almost two years.

The 44-year-old actor, who stars as Captain Jack Harkness in the successful Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, has been excluded from the main show since former Time Lord David Tennant left the series at the beginning of 2010.

Barrowman’s character had previously made regular appearances on Doctor Who since its return to our screens in 2005 and now he’s urging the show’s prodcuer Steven Moffat to give him the chance to appear opposite current Doctor Matt Smith.

“I’ve spoken to the team and we all think it’s a good idea,” John tells Woman’s Own. “I would love to work with Matt Smith. I think the fans want that.”

Link to original article here: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...r-Who-comeback

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                JOHN BARROWMAN WANTS A DOCTOR WHO COMEBACK

Thursday July 7,2011
                By Daily Express reporter

ACTOR John Barrowman has launched a public appeal to Doctor Who bosses to let him return to the hit show after an absence of almost two years.

The 44-year-old actor, who stars as Captain Jack Harkness in the successful Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, has been excluded from the main show since former Time Lord David Tennant left the series at the beginning of 2010.

Barrowman’s character had previously made regular appearances on Doctor Who since its return to our screens in 2005 and now he’s urging the show’s prodcuer Steven Moffat to give him the chance to appear opposite current Doctor Matt Smith.

“I’ve spoken to the team and we all think it’s a good idea,” John tells Woman’s Own. “I would love to work with Matt Smith. I think the fans want that.”

Link to original article here: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...r-Who-comeback
                Like he really needs to appeal to anyone. I had no doubt he'd return, after all he is a Moffat character so his chances of coming back greatly outweigh the other established characters.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Like he really needs to appeal to anyone. I had no doubt he'd return, after all he is a Moffat character so his chances of coming back greatly outweigh the other established characters.
                  Its probably more accurate to say that Jack is a character created by Russell T. Davis introduced in a story written by Mr. Moffat. But...oddly enough...Jack still has 2-years worth of memories still missing that hasn't been addressed in Torchwood so maybe its something that Mr. Moffat can deal with in Doctor Who. Maybe the missing 2-years of Jack's life actually include the Doctor in some way? If so, then maybe the Jack we see return to Doctor Who at some point could be pre-The Empty Child?

I actually had a basic outline for a story that would have taken place in the 51st century, addressed Jack's memory loss, and acted as a prequel to The Talons of Weng-Chiang.

Personally speaking here - I think I'd like to see present day Jack reuniting with the Doctor. Have him appear between Miracle Day and whichever Season of Doctor Who they can get him for. Doctor Who's 50th anniversary is in 2013. That would seem like an obvious time to bring him back.
                  Last edited by Alan; 07 July 2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Torchwood: Web of Lies - Part 1
                    Thursday, July 07, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

The first part of Torchwood: Web of Lies is now available to download for iOS devices via the US iTunes store. The two videos below are a brief introduction to the online series.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9epCfIY7-Q&feature=player_embedded
                    Torchwood: Web of Lies - Holly, Starz, via YouTube

Torchwood: Web of Lies - Gwen, Starz, via YouTube
                    The secret of immortality revealed? Find out in "Torchwood: Web of Lies", a unique 10 part companion to the new Russell T Davies series "Torchwood: Miracle Day." This completely original episodic interactive experience fuses together incredible motion comic graphics and gameplay to tell a digital-exclusive Torchwood story.

Players participate in a parallel narrative to the "Torchwood: Miracle Day" that delves deeper into the dramatic events which unfold in the TV series. "Torchwood: Web of Lies" includes lead characters Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper – voiced by John Barrowman and Eve Myles – AND introduces Eliza Dushku as the voice of Holly, a young woman intent on finding out what has happened to her brother and the world.

Immerse yourself in the exciting world of Torchwood like never before as you crack codes, break locks and race across landscapes in search of the real truth behind Miracle Day.

What happened to Jack and Gwen on that "missing day" back in 2007 - the day that neither remembers? Is it possible that a young, paranoid conspiracy theorist actually stumbled into the chilling truth and what it means for Miracle Day? The ONLY place to find out is in "Torchwood: Web of Lies."

Torchwood: Web of Lies is written by HUGO award winner Jane Espenson and Ryan Scott and Executive Produced by Russell T Davies.

This first FREE download gives you Episode 1 of Torchwood: Web of Lies. Then watch Torchwood: Miracle Day every week and return to the app the DAY AFTER for an opportunity to get a new episode of Web of Lies. Every episode includes more original story told through motion graphics AND new gameplay, culminating in a thrilling interactive finale in Episode 10.

This application is made by BBC Worldwide. BBC Worldwide is a commercial company that is owned by the BBC. The profits BBC Worldwide make from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes.

Episode 1 of Torchwood: Miracle Day, The New World, premières on Friday 8th July on Starz at 10pm ET/PT. You can find the full schedule, including repeats at This Week In Doctor Who.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07...b-of-lies.html
                    Last edited by Alan; 07 March 2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Looks awful, tbqfh
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Looks awful, tbqfh
                        In any case its gonna be a special feature on the Season 4 DVD/Blu-Ray boxset. Between buying it through iTunes or getting it as part of a DVD/Blu-Ray boxset I know which option I'm gonna go with.

Comment

Tiny iPod screen or 40+ LCD HDTV. Gee, LET ME THINK
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Assuming Miracle Day brings a new US audience to Torchwood than a new appearance of Capt Jack on DW could bring over some interested new fans.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Tiny iPod screen or 40+ LCD HDTV. Gee, LET ME THINK
                              Totally.

Comment

Watched the first ep and thought it was a great start so far.

Never could find where it was streaming on that link that person gave above, but I did find it here. Probably doesn't work outside the US though.

I also noticed that if you are a DirecTV subscriber, the 101 channel will be airing the first episode tonight, as well as a couple more times this weekend.
                                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 08 July 2011, 01:31 PM.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X