Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Starz Releases New Torchwood: Miracle Day Teaser Trailer

Sorry Alan, but this clip is not working.

New Doctor Who/Torchwood Teasers
    Friday, April 29, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

CONTINUED FROM POST ABOVE

The second trailer aired after this evening's edition of The One Show, and focused on a number of shows that will be broadcast over the course of the summer; captioned Original British Drama, shows covered included The Shadow Line (with Christopher Eccleston), Exile (with John Simm), The Night Watch (with Michael Gambon and Bill Nighy), Luther (with Paul McGann), and of course Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Trailer images that might be considered spoilers:
    Spoiler:

No date was given for when Torchwood would be broadcast, though it is expected in July 2011.

Link to original article (which also includes links to bigger images of those above) here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...torchwood.html

STOP PRESS!!!! Further to the above, I've just found the trailer from which those Doctor Who and Torchwood images are from! The title of the video itself might be considered a spoiler in itself so...as always...BEWARE SPOILERS:

Spoiler:
    Thank you so much for both clips.... Are they suppose to be a crossover????

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Sorry Alan, but this clip is not working.
      Just seen. Looks like Starz pulled the plug on it. Gits.

Thank you so much for both clips.... Are they suppose to be a crossover????
      Your welcome. No, it isn't a crossover. Its just the BBC promoting their two top sci-fi dramas shows.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

New Torchwood Radio Dramas
        Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

As filming for the new television series of Torchwood is finally reaching its conclusion this week, the BBC's Drama Newsletter has announced that there will be further radio adventures to follow!
        A new three-part series of Torchwood is in production in LA next week featuring TV cast members and will be heard later in the summer.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/05...ood-radio.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day - Character Profiles and Photos
          12th May, 2011

Discovered some photos and profiles are up on the official Starz website for characters of the up and coming fourth series of Torchwood.

They can be seen and read by clicking on the names below.

Starz's official site for Torchwood: Miracle Day can be found here: http://www.starz.com/originals/Torchwood

Comment

TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY EPISODE TITLES REVEALED
            Thursday, May 12, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Starz have released details on the individual episode titles that make up Torchwood: Miracle Day. The episodes are as listed in the programme guide, but may be subject to change nearer broadcast.

**** EPISODE TITLES MIGHT BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS ****
            Spoiler:
            One day, nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep ageing -- they get hurt and sick -- but they never die. The result: a population boom, overnight.

With all the extra people, resources are finite. It’s said that in four month's time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can’t be a natural event – someone’s got to be behind it. It’s a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking “What is Torchwood?", he’s drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever

1. The New World

2. Rendition

3. Dead of Night

4. Escape to L.A.

5. The Categories Of Life

6. The Middle Men

7. Immortal Sins

8. End Of The Road

9. The Gathering

10. The Blood Line

The series premières on Starz in the United States at 10:00pm ET/PT, 8th July 2011; however, its launch on BBC1/BBC1HD has yet to be confirmed in the United Kingdom.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/05...racle-day.html

Comment

Can't wait 'til it starts!
              sigpic

Comment

A little odd....
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

New Torchwood: Miracle Day Teaser Trailer
                  March 15h, 2011

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=oQTUp8U88qg

Comment

Eliza Dushku to star in 'Torchwood' spinoff?
                    Tuesday, May 17 2011, 15:57 BST
                    By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

Torchwood writer Jane Espenson has confirmed that a new on-line spin-off from the sci-fi drama is in the works.

She revealed on Twitter that Torchwood: Web of Lies will accompany new ten-part series Torchwood: Miracle Day when it airs in July.

"There is going to be Torchwood web content," she wrote. "So in addition to [the television series] there is Torchwood: Web of Lies. Enjoy all the [Torchwood] brands!"

In subsequent posts, Espenson also hinted heavily that actress Eliza Dushku will star in the on-line series.

"We have faith in Torchwood: Web of Lies," she said. "It's tru; there's an echo of my past work in [this spinoff]."

Dushku previously played the character of Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also starred as Tru Davies in Fox's Tru Calling and portrayed Echo in sci-fi drama Dollhouse. Espenson worked as a writer and producer on all three series.

Torchwood: Miracle Day will air on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/to...d-spinoff.html

Comment

TV Guide on line has noted that Space in Canada is going to air Torchwood still. Though no date given.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Um, no kidding that's odd! How can one have a 4th series coming up but have a box set that has "The Complete Original UK Series". Are they trying to confuse people? We get enough with Doctor Who and it's numbering of series/seasons as it is!
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

In subsequent posts, Espenson also hinted heavily that actress Eliza Dushku will star in the on-line series.
                          And I rather hope she stays there. I don't particularly like her acting (fine on BtVS but meh on DH) and really don't have an interest in her joining TW.

Looking forward to TW returning this summer though.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

All this Miracle Day news and now this Web of Lies business....I'm getting pretty jazzed for new Torchwood!

Only thing I'm not quite so thrilled with is the apparent level of Jane Espenson's involvement. I haven't a clue while she's so well-liked; I find pretty much everything she writes to be painfully boring to sit through
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              All this Miracle Day news and now this Web of Lies business....I'm getting pretty jazzed for new Torchwood!

Only thing I'm not quite so thrilled with is the apparent level of Jane Espenson's involvement. I haven't a clue while she's so well-liked; I find pretty much everything she writes to be painfully boring to sit through
                              The important thing to remember is that Russell T. Davis is looking over Espenson's shoulders and she has to stay within his guidelines. With Russell steering the writing I don't think the good ship Torchwood will go too far wrong.

As for Web of Lies...lets hope this on-line series finds its way on to the S4 DVD boxset in the same way Sanctuary's Webisodes found their way on its S1 boxset.

Comment

I do hope that's the case, especially since I even found her BSG/Caprica work boring (which was presumably done under the watchful eyes of RDM/Eick).

Anyway, Torchwood has gotten better with each successive year so I suppose it's earned the faith that this year will be at least as good as Children of Earth

And I'm sure the webisodes (or whatever format they'll take) will make it to the DVD/BD release. They'd be a tough sell by themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X