Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Torchwood Image:

Link to original article here: http://geeksofdoom.com/2011/04/05/ch...chwood-images/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Yep. And did you see the teaser trailers in the post above that? Not much to see but its all small gears in a much bigger engine.
      Got to say...on a personal note...I'm glad to see that Kai Owen (Rhys) hasn't been credited on that poster. I've never liked the character of Rhys and sincerely hope that he gets killed off at some point across Series 4.
      *brainwave* Hey! Rhys dies ...but due to the circumstances of his death and the fact people on Earth can't die any more he's been left in a horrific condition that no-one should have to live in. Rhys is suffering and Gwen just wants Rhys to have Peace and so joins Jack in trying to give people the ability to die again.
      That's the usual angle we see in 'Death takes a holiday' stories: showing why death is a good and necessary thing for some. Personally, I like Rhys. My real fear is that they'll do something with the offspring. The show certainly isn't above killing kids. Thinking about that still makes me sad.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        The poster looks like something 24 would do.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/636...redemption.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6...redemption.jpg

Also disappointed that Kai Owen wasn't credited considering he's been it from day 1. I am glad we're getting more Torchwood, have to thank Starz for creating such an awesome original series. Syfy needs credit as well for creating Stargate.
        I wonder why that is?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Also disappointed that Kai Owen wasn't credited considering he's been it from day 1.
          Is he actually a regular in Miracle Day? Maybe he's just recurring.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Is he actually a regular in Miracle Day? Maybe he's just recurring.
            He's never really been a regular character. A regular character, to me, is someone that's been in EVERY single episode right from the start. Characters like Rhys Williams and PC Andy Davidson I consider to be recurring and merely there to provide familiar faces and to service Gwen by giving her depth and background in the same way Jackie Tyler was for Rose Tyler or Sylvia Noble and Wilfred Mott were for Donna Noble in Doctor Who. They give their characters grounding.

And that's another reason I want Rhys gone. I want that grounding taken away. I want to see her "normal" life taken away from her and I want to see Gwen fall deeper in to the life that Captain Jack Harkness lives in and the world that the Torchwood Institute operates in.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

And what of the child, Alan?
              Not addressing Gwen's new status as a MILF further would be tragic.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                And what of the child, Alan?
                Not addressing Gwen's new status as a MILF further would be tragic.
                Gwen could always do what The X-Files' Dana Scully ultimately did and give her baby up for adoption to keep them safe from their lives.

Writers of TV shows tend to have the babies of main characters kept out of the picture altogether by having the baby either looked after by the grandmother or a babysitter. Its the usual thing that writers of TV shows do when the main character has a baby. Its something that doesn't usually do the character much good though because the writers of episodes have to deal with this baby in some form and it can feel slightly tacked on when it comes to the explanation of where the baby is. In the case of The X-Files' Dana Scully during that shows ninth season, having her with a baby didn't do the character very much good at all. Lets hope history doesn't repeat for Gwen Cooper and her child.
                Last edited by Alan; 15 April 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I think addressing a kick-butt woman who's also a mother has been done quite well in sci-fi recently. Sarah Connor Chronicles and V have some of the best mothers [in all senses of the word ] on TV. I think Gwen deserves to be in that category. TW is definitely about taking chances, and portraying her as a working mother could certainly pay off.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    I think addressing a kick-butt woman who's also a mother has been done quite well in sci-fi recently. Sarah Connor Chronicles and V have some of the best mothers [in all senses of the word ] on TV. I think Gwen deserves to be in that category. TW is definitely about taking chances, and portraying her as a working mother could certainly pay off.
                    I can't speak for V, but in the case of the mother in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the son is a teenager that has a character and do things for himself and with his mother. A baby is something else altogether different. As I said in the post above...The X-Files' Dana Scully having a baby during the ninth season did the character absolutely no good at all. She spent seasons before wanting a baby and when she does eventually get one its being sent off to the grandmother or a babysitter and eventually given up for adoption just so she can go on out on investigations or, in other words, the baby was being pushed to one side before being done away with altogether to give the writers an easier time in writing for Scully without being held back by the childs' presence. Its hard to write that but it is unfortunately true and The X-Files's writers even said themselves that giving Scully a baby was a mistake because they had to address the babies absence which I think they felt being put in to an episode was a little bit tacked on.

Comment

Most sci-fi babies end up getting kidnapped/grandmothered/conveniently forgotten. I think it would be a good thing for TW to actively address her being a mother. Few sci-fi shows have done it well, and I think TW could.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

John de Lancie signs for Torchwood
                        Monday, April 18, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

Actor John de Lancie has been confirmed as a member of the cast of Torchwood: Miracle Day.

The actor is best known for his portrayal of Q, a recurring character in the Star Trek franchise, He created the role for the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation and was so successful that he had regular appearances in the series throughout its run as well as episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager.

He has also appeared in numerous television shows including; The Six Million Dollar Man, Hill Street Blues, The Thorn Birds, Nero Wolfe, The West Wing, Sports Night, Judging Amy, The New Twilight Zone, The Closer, Legend, L.A. Law, MacGyver, Picket Fences, Civil Wars, The Practice, Charmed, Murder, She Wrote, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica (1978), Emergency!, and Touched by an Angel.

de Lancie's casting in Torchwood was revealed in a tweet by one of the series authors Jane Espenson.

The series is currently in production for transmission worldwide this summer.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...cie-signs.html

Comment

Q vs. Captain Jack Harkness. Sweet. I hope there's sexual tension, just like with Q\Picard.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Starz Releases New Torchwood: Miracle Day Teaser Trailer

Comment

New Doctor Who/Torchwood Teasers
                              Friday, April 29, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Today saw the BBC release two trailers featuring clips from the new series of Doctor Who and Torchwood!

The first trailer aired after the morning coverage of the Royal Wedding showcasing popular BBC shows to the tune Bring Me Sunshine, popularised and sung by comedy duo Morecambe and Wise; captioned When it's worth watching, watch it with us, as well as Doctor Who and Torchwood the trailer featured classic shows like One Foot in the Grave, the aforementioned Morecambe and Wise and Only Fools and Horses, and more recent shows such as Gavin and Stacey, Merlin and Sherlock.

Trailer images that might be considered spoilers:

Spoiler:

CONTINUED IN POST BELOW
                              Last edited by Alan; 29 April 2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

New Doctor Who/Torchwood Teasers
                                Friday, April 29, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

CONTINUED FROM POST ABOVE

The second trailer aired after this evening's edition of The One Show, and focused on a number of shows that will be broadcast over the course of the summer; captioned Original British Drama, shows covered included The Shadow Line (with Christopher Eccleston), Exile (with John Simm), The Night Watch (with Michael Gambon and Bill Nighy), Luther (with Paul McGann), and of course Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Trailer images that might be considered spoilers:
                                Spoiler:

No date was given for when Torchwood would be broadcast, though it is expected in July 2011.

Link to original article (which also includes links to bigger images of those above) here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...torchwood.html

STOP PRESS!!!! Further to the above, I've just found the trailer from which those Doctor Who and Torchwood images are from! The title of the video itself might be considered a spoiler in itself so...as always...BEWARE SPOILERS:

Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Alan; 29 April 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X