Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    I definitely agree with you, but I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth. Starz may be the only reason we're getting more TW, so props to them for shelling out the cash and screen time.

Gods... Has it been 5 years already?! Old, getting old... I found a gray hair this morning...
    I'm not knocking Starz for their contribution I'm just saying that poster makes it look as though there weren't three series of Torchwood before this one that originated on BBC. The poster should at least have read something like: "A Starz / BBC Production". I just think credit should be given where credit is due.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My two cents (pence ) on the issue is that I really just don't care. I'm happy with the previous three series out of the beeb, and I'm excited that we're getting another year. The people who are really responsible for the show--the writers, the producers, the actors, the crew--are all credited in the episodes anyway, so I don't really give a damn which financial backer takes credit for it where.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Murray Gold returns to Torchwood
        Thursday, March 31, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

The BBC Torchwood Twitter account has announced that the current composer for Doctor Who, Murray Gold, will be returning to the series to compose music for Torchwood: Miracle Day.

The announcement made via Twitter at 9:41pm BST:
        THIS JUST IN: The 'Doctor Who' veteran Murray Gold will be composing Torchwood: Miracle Day. BRILLIANT.
        Gold co-wrote music with Ben Foster for the first two series of Torchwood with the music being performed by the National Orchestra of Wales. He has also composed music for the computer-animated film, Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil which is due for release on April 29, 2011.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...eturns-to.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Wonderful news. He never disappoints.

As for the title... I really liked early on when it was called The New World. Miracle Day sounds so... cheesy. The New World had a tacit implication of coming to America and new worlds of experience or literal new worlds.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I liked "The New World" better too. I thought it wonderfully reflected the post-CoE world and now that we know it, the premise of this upcoming season. "Miracle Day" just sounds so....lame.

Fortunately the show probably won't be.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Personally I like Miracle Day over The New World, especially when you consider the basic plot of the series.

sigpic

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day Teaser Trailer

Plus some INCREDIBLY small moments from Series 4:
                Last edited by Alan; 03 April 2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day - "Death Is Not An Option"
                  Monday, April 04, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The first poster for Torchwood: Miracle Day from BBC Worldwide has been revealed at the MIPTV event in Cannes, highlighted by a full page promotion in the event's electronic publication, MIPTV News.

Julie Gardner, production partner for the series with Russell T Davies, explained about the development of the series:
                  Season Three was transmitting on BBC1 around the time that I moved to Los Angeles to work at BBC Worldwide Productions. Russell T Davies had also moved there and was looking for new challenges and wanted to try for a US career. (Seeing how well it did in the US, we thought) maybe there was another chapter of Torchwood to be told. And very happily we were able to see the title to Starz.

Talking about the partnership with Starz, she said:
                  The pillars of the show are actually the same. But I think the difference is that because of the quality of the co-production partnership between Starz and the BBC, we have an opportunity to tell a big story over ten episodes. The fact that we are transmitting on a pay premium cable channel means that we have to compete production-value wise in that environment. We're filming at the moment and from what I have seen so far we are able to do that.

The full MIPTV News Issue 1, covering many of the shows on offer at the event, may be read at the MIPTV website.

---------------------------

Entertainment correspondant Richard Arnold is also at the event, where he will be interviewing John Barrowman and Bill Pullman, who are both there to promote Miracle Day.

Richard Arnold with John Barrowman and Bill Pullman (via yfrog)

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...racle-day.html

Comment

Wow, its really happening. I'm slow to realizing how close the fourth season of TW is!

That poster is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Wow, its really happening. I'm slow to realizing how close the fourth season of TW is!

That poster is awesome.
                      Yep. And did you see the teaser trailers in the post above that? Not much to see but its all small gears in a much bigger engine.

Got to say...on a personal note...I'm glad to see that Kai Owen (Rhys) hasn't been credited on that poster. I've never liked the character of Rhys and sincerely hope that he gets killed off at some point across Series 4.

*brainwave* Hey! Rhys dies ...but due to the circumstances of his death and the fact people on Earth can't die any more he's been left in a horrific condition that no-one should have to live in. Rhys is suffering and Gwen just wants Rhys to have Peace and so joins Jack in trying to give people the ability to die again.
                      Last edited by Alan; 04 April 2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Ok...

Not only does that Teaser NOT fill me with confidence... 'STARZ original series' my arse...

But that poster, whilst theoretically cool... is disturbingly American. Even down to Jack carrying a semi-automatic rifle. It looks like a US blockbuster. Not Welsh Sci-Fi.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...all of this complaining about who started the series, what posters look like, etc. With the way sci-fi shows falling off the tube left and right...be glad we're getting another season of TW. Of course, if it was me being negative about this...I'd get in trouble with moderators and constantly told that my points are irrelevant. ANYWAY...I'm glad that there is another season of TW, no matter who claims to own the rights to the show and no matter what the posters look like.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Hmmm...all of this complaining about who started the series, what posters look like, etc. With the way sci-fi shows falling off the tube left and right...be glad we're getting another season of TW. Of course, if it was me being negative about this...I'd get in trouble with moderators and constantly told that my points are irrelevant. ANYWAY...I'm glad that there is another season of TW, no matter who claims to own the rights to the show and no matter what the posters look like.
                            Don't get me wrong - I AM looking forward to it.

But you talk about how few Sci-Fi shows there are... there are even fewer BRITISH sci-fi shows... Torchwood was something special. New. It was one of a kind, and imo, exceptional. I'm extremely proud that my nation produced it. Furthermore, having spent a significant portion of my life living in Wales, the Welsh element was something else I loved. It honestly DOES sadden me to see ownership and credit taken away from my country. And it saddens me that RTD seems to have this idea that the American way is somehow better - that's all he's gone on about since moving to the US. Different does not imply better.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              Don't get me wrong - I AM looking forward to it.

But you talk about how few Sci-Fi shows there are... there are even fewer BRITISH sci-fi shows... Torchwood was something special. New. It was one of a kind, and imo, exceptional. I'm extremely proud that my nation produced it. Furthermore, having spent a significant portion of my life living in Wales, the Welsh element was something else I loved. It honestly DOES sadden me to see ownership and credit taken away from my country. And it saddens me that RTD seems to have this idea that the American way is somehow better - that's all he's gone on about since moving to the US. Different does not imply better.
                              I can't speak to what someone else says is better. However, I appreciate differences. I enjoy watching shows from other countries...I don't think the American way is better...nor do I think another country's way is better. But I can see your point.
                              sigpic

Comment

The poster looks like something 24 would do.

Also disappointed that Kai Owen wasn't credited considering he's been it from day 1. I am glad we're getting more Torchwood, have to thank Starz for creating such an awesome original series. Syfy needs credit as well for creating Stargate.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X