Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This AND Doctor Who trailers!!

I can't believe how excited I'm getting!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Torchwood: Miracle Day for 8th July (Starz)
      Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Torchwood: Miracle Day co-producer Starz have released a poster confirming the USA premier for the show, revealing the date for when the series commences as Friday 8th July. The BBC has yet to confirm if it will also broadcast the first episode on the same evening.

Series 4 poster at this link HERE

(report courtesy of TV|Line)

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...racle-day.html
      Woo-hoo!
      sigpic

Comment

"A Starz Original Series"

Sod that.

Comment

I thought that. It's the same as Sy fy calling their version of Being Human an original series. Bloody irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Sod that.
            Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            I thought that. It's the same as Sy fy calling their version of Being Human an original series. Bloody irritating.
            I'm with you guys on this.

And...whilst we're sort of on this subject...I'm very excited about this new series of Torchwood...but its excitement twinned with worry. I know this series is a co-production between the BBC and Starz...but at the moment I feel as though its 30% BBC and 70% Starz. I love America and its shows...but I can't help but feel that America is "taking over" Torchwood.

I've watched enough American sci-fi shows and feel as though I've seen enough of LA and other parts of America and what I love about Torchwood was that it was set in Cardiff, made in Cardiff and gave British actors and productions teams the opportunity to do things that other TV shows don't allow (there aren't many sci-fi productions here). I bet a vast amount of sci-fi fans outside of the UK found Torchwood refreshing too because it sci-fi set somewhere other than LA. Now America is getting involved. Feels as though there's a vast American cast...an American production crew doing most of the behind-the-scenes work. Sure, I rationally know UK cast members John Barrowman, Eve Myles, and the UK production staff are involved and Russell T. Davis is writing...but still...the American involvement feels like its outweighing the UK side. Hopefully it won't appear that way when it hits screens on July 8th.
            Last edited by Alan; 23 March 2011, 02:40 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Hey, we get new episodes. Who cares who takes the credit?
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                Amen...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Amen...
                  How about the company that originated the show back in 2006? The British Broadcasting Corporation.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Sod that.
                    I don't like that either. And I'm American!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I don't like that either. And I'm American!
                      Meh...SciFi (no SyFy) called Stargate an "original sci fi series," and noone complained about that...and it was a "Showtime" original series that moved...

Like I said, I just enjoy the show...so I'm not pickin' nits.
                      sigpic

Comment

Torchwood in Cannes
                        Friday, March 25, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

John Barrowman and Bill Pullman will be promoting the new series of Torchwood at the MIPTV Media Market in Cannes. The two stars will be joined by executive producer Julie Gardner to launch Torchwood: Miracle Day to buyers on Monday 4th April.

Steve Macallister, Managing Director of BBC Worldwide Sales & Distribution, commented:
                        We’re thrilled to have John Barrowman and Bill Pullman with us at MIPTV. The fact that Torchwood: Miracle Day is able to attract such a high-calibre, international cast reflects the quality of the production – so it’s sure to prove popular with buyers again, along with the rest of our exciting drama slate.

Link to full press release here: http://media.doctorwhonews.net/2011/...ide-press.html

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...in-cannes.html

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Meh...SciFi (no SyFy) called Stargate an "original sci fi series," and noone complained about that...and it was a "Showtime" original series that moved...

Like I said, I just enjoy the show...so I'm not pickin' nits.
                          Oh well I'm still going to watch the show regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Oh well I'm still going to watch the show regardless.
                            As am I....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              How about the company that originated the show back in 2006? The British Broadcasting Corporation.
                              I definitely agree with you, but I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth. Starz may be the only reason we're getting more TW, so props to them for shelling out the cash and screen time.

Gods... Has it been 5 years already?! Old, getting old... I found a gray hair this morning...
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I definitely agree with you, but I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth. Starz may be the only reason we're getting more TW, so props to them for shelling out the cash and screen time.

Gods... Has it been 5 years already?! Old, getting old... I found a gray hair this morning...
                                Pluck it out and move forward...noone will ever know!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X