Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 13 2011 10:56 PM ET
    'Six Feet Under' star Lauren Ambrose joins 'Torchwood' -- EXCLUSIVE

by James Hibberd

Six Feet Under star Lauren Ambrose is joining Starz’ highly-anticipated global edition of Torchwood.

Ambrose will appear in seven of the 10 episodes of the drama’s upcoming season, playing Jilly Kitzinger — “a sweet-talking PR genius with a heart of stone who’s just cornered the most important client of her career … and maybe of all time.”

Production on Torchwood: Miracle Day started Monday, and follows the show making waves last week at TCA press tour when showrunner Russell T. Davies revealed the season’s mind-bending plot:

“One day, on Earth, no one dies,” Davies said. “The next day, no one dies. The day after that, no one dies. The [people who are] dying, keep dying … but don’t actually die. The possibility of death ceases to exist. Which is great for some people. But it’s an instant overnight population boom. The earth relies on people dying.”

More details on the new Torchwood here.

Ambrose is best known for her role as Claire Fisher on Six Feet Under, and in more recent years was in the series The Return of Jezebel James and she provided a voice in the film Where the Wild Things Are.

She’ll join Captain Jack and the rest of the Torchwood crew when the series debuts on Starz in July.

Link to original article here: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/13/la...ood-exclusive/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

July can't come soon enough for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
        July can't come soon enough for me.
        YeP. It's gonna be an interesting couple of months ahead. Doctor Who starting around March/April time and then Torchwood following in July. Gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I hope the new series still has the Torchwood theme music, I love that!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            I hope the new series still has the Torchwood theme music, I love that!
            Murray Gold, Ben Foster, and the BBC National Orchestra of Wales rock! Their music MUST be used!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Murray Gold, Ben Foster, and the BBC National Orchestra of Wales rock! Their music MUST be used!
              Yes! Without them something will be missing.

Comment

Rewatching TW lately I've really been loving the theme. It'll be completely perfect if they ditch the stupid self-important "TORCHWOOD: OUTSIDE THE GOVERNMENT, BEYOND THE POLICE" intro. Can't remember if that was around in CoE or not, guess I'll find out soon enough.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Rewatching TW lately I've really been loving the theme. It'll be completely perfect if they ditch the stupid self-important "TORCHWOOD: OUTSIDE THE GOVERNMENT, BEYOND THE POLICE" intro. Can't remember if that was around in CoE or not, guess I'll find out soon enough.
                  There's no title sequence at all for Children of Earth. The theme can only be heard in the end credits.

Comment

Was it? I haven't watched it since it first aired, I can't remember
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was it? I haven't watched it since it first aired, I can't remember
                      Yep. You get a brief "tinkle" of the theme over the logo but not the whole theme. I know because I'm not long after re-watching and screencapping Series 3.

Comment

Torchwood: Week One Filming
                        Sunday, January 16, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Filming for Torchwood: Miracle Day commenced this week, filming in Los Angeles, California.

The week saw the main cast assembling together for filming, with "US lead" CIA agent Mekhi Phifer kicking off proceedings, joined on Wednesday by John Barrowman, and from Thursday Eve Myles (Gwen) and Kai Owen (Rhys). Alexa Havins (Esther Katusi) was also present.

Though fan access to shooting is very restrictive (certainly in comparison to UK filming!), tantalising filming details have slowly trickled through via various members of cast and crew on Twitter, including Director of Photography Nathaniel Goodman, Fashion Designer Alana Stone and Costume Designer Shawna Trpcic - plus a commentary of tidbits from the official production office feed, BBC Torchwood!

A more detailed breakdown of developments during the week follows below; times have been quoted for the local Californian timezone.

The first week of filming:
                        Spoiler:

Monday
                        Filming kicks off without a hitch, though for some it is an early start to the shoot!
                        21:14 Alana Stone: Day one of Torchwood filming starts at 4:42am Monday morning...
                        Here we go.
                        21:57 Jane Espenson: I have to be up early for Torchwood shenanigans in the morning.
                        So g'night, Twitter!
                        07:34 Jane Espenson: we start shooting new episodes today!
                        09:57 BBC Torchwood: Day 1. First shot 8:01am. Coffee pots are bottomless today.
                        12:32 Alana Stone: Wow day 1= crazy good team work but crazy none the less!
                        17:24 Nate Goodman: Great first day of shooting Torchwood done!
                        But the really fun stuff yet to come..
                        09:18 BBC Torchwood: Day 1, smooth sailing, we're so lucky to have such a great crew.
                        Meanwhile, Kai Owen (Rhys) confirmed he'd start shooting from Thursday, alongside on-screen wife Eve Myles (Gwen):
                        Well my bags are packed! I fly to LA tomorrow and am on set with Eve on Thursday!!
                        Torchwood - Miracle Day is coming. I'm buzzing.
                        Tuesday
                        http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...air-twlogo.jpg
                        Tuesday saw a report that Mekhi Phifer (CIA agent Rex Matheson) was filming scenes in a hospital.

Meanwhile, Captain Jack himself John Barrowman arrived for his costume-fitting, something that BBC Torchwood described as "a sweet new wardrobe", with the fitting being "revealing". As one might expect, the coat is back, "a beautiful new design that we all want to own. It's stylish and absolutely brilliant."

Alana Stone also provided us with the first of what might well be the US production team's version of "WhoSpy", showing one of the chairs that are in use for the cast/crew during the shoot.

Wednesday
                        John Barrowman returns as Captain Jack Harkness, kicking off in style for a Los Angeles night shoot. As BBC Torchwood put it:
                        17:07 Night shoots all action packed and it's John's first day of work.
                        Really exciting night.
                        17:21 STUNTS! STUNTS! So many STUNTS!
                        Thursday
                        It's Eve Myles and Kai Owen's turn to be welcomed to the new production, another night shoot that this time takes place in CIA Headquarters.
                        07:10 Kai Owen: Good morning from LA!
                        I start work on Torchwood - Miracle Day. Tonight!!!
                        20:01 BBC Torchwood: She's here tonight everyone, the Eve Myles.
                        Tonight we've got almost a full cast.
                        John, Alexa, Kai. Bill and Russell are meeting as well.
                        23:58 Alana Stone: Day four... All night in CIA headquarters.
                        "TW-Spy" continues with a couple of shots of office boards and cast trailers from Shawna Trpcic and Alana Stone; the trailers seem to have an iconic image for each character:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...rpcicboard.jpg
                        http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...acktrailer.jpg
                        http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...wentrailer.jpg
                        http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...ler-symbol.jpg

Meanwhile, Tom Price, the erstwhile former police colleague of Gwen, Andy Davidson, reported that he too would be joining the Torchwood crew:
                        Off to LA next week! That's about it really!
                        Friday
                        Filming for another night shoot took place at No 650 South Spring Street, an old bank building that has seen use in a number of film productions over the years, including Spider Man 2, Ghost, and The Mask.
                        20:12 BBC Torchwood: John and Alexa have an exciting scene to shoot tonight.
                        We're all taking turns to visit location.
                        We love our Torchwood Crew!
                        22:08 Alana Stone: Day/night 5... No rest for the wicked.
                        Poor Alexa is running in 5 inch heels. Girl is a trooper!
                        01:26 Shawna Trpcic: Crew will shoot til 6 or 7 am time for me to sign off. Blessings.
                        The production vehicles were spotted by fan Timothy Cerjan:
                        Capt. Jack Harkness is shooting new Torchwood by my office.
                        The 21st Century is when it all changes.
                        [pic]: http://4sq.com/g1Eibs

Next week sees the shoot continue in Los Angeles for another four days or so, with filming on Thursday to take place at City Hall. Directory of Photography Nate Goodman then reported that they fly out to the United Kingdom, where filming will continue in Wales the following fortnight (as reported in an interview with Eve Myles last year).

Link to original article here: http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...-week-one.html

Comment

Thanks so much for posting the info....and the excitement builds....

RTD discussing Torchwood's return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtgcoqdi60
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh good, Rhys. I was worried he wouldn't make the transition this year. I wonder if Andy will make an appearance.

Comment

Oh good, Rhys. I was worried he wouldn't make the transition this year. I wonder if Andy will make an appearance.
                              He's there.

Comment

Oh good, that's wonderful to hear

As wonderfully dramatic as the Torchwood deaths have been, they've been kind of bad for building any kind of existing cast of characters. So it's nice to know that Rhys and Andy will be along for the ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X