Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for me. After the events of Children of Earth and Jack's bailing on Earth, the image that The New World conjured for me was essentially 'a whole new day'.

Miracle Day....what the heck kind of a title is that? Makes me think of blue pills and rainbows and pink elephants
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for all the updated info. I've become a huge fan of the show. (I just recently started getting the BBCA channel where it's been airing the last couple months.) I'm really looking forward to the new series and will even pay for Starz (at least for the months Torchwood is being shown).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
        Thanks for all the updated info. I've become a huge fan of the show. (I just recently started getting the BBCA channel where it's been airing the last couple months.) I'm really looking forward to the new series and will even pay for Starz (at least for the months Torchwood is being shown).
        Your welcome. I'm incredibly excited to Series 4 of Torchwood and as soon as I come across new info I'll get it posted here ASAP.

2011 is set to be a good year for the Whoniverse - Series 6 of Doctor Who, Series 4 of Torchwood, Series 5 of The Sarah Jane Adventures, and Series 2 of K-9...my head might just explode!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I hate the "Miracle Day" title, I really liked "The New World." But nevertheless I like Torchwood so I will be watching either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Series 2 of K-9...
            Is K-9 considered part of the canon Whoniverse? I don't know jack about it, but I was under the impression it was kind of the Stargate Infinity of the Who franchise.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Is K-9 considered part of the canon Whoniverse? I don't know jack about it, but I was under the impression it was kind of the Stargate Infinity of the Who franchise.
              This is what makes it canonical to me:
              • The creators of K-9 (Bob Baker and Dave Martin) have stated in an interview that the model that features in the show is the Mark I model that originally left with Leela to remain on Gallifrey in The Invasion of Time. He's survived the Time War but has lost his memories.

• John Leeson has returned to voice K-9 again as he did in Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures. He's been voicing K-9 since his first appearance in 1977.

• The original K-9 prop is used in the first episode until he regenerates due to a piece of technology that has what appears to have Gallifreyan-esque writing on it.

• There's plenty of subtle references to Doctor Who in K-9's first series.

That makes it part of the Whoniverse to me.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I hate the "Miracle Day" title, I really liked "The New World." But nevertheless I like Torchwood so I will be watching either way!
                I would have prefered The New World as well because it sounds less "cheesy" but it's not like they were going to ask me for my opinion.

And I'm actually with Digi in that TNW didn't sound like "the US" to me rather than Jack's giving Earth another chance after leaving at the end of Children of Earth.
                Twinchy---
                sigpic
                FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

This is what makes it canonical to me:
                  • The creators of K-9 (Bob Baker and Dave Martin) have stated in an interview that the model that features in the show is the Mark I model that originally left with Leela to remain on Gallifrey in The Invasion of Time. He's survived the Time War but has lost his memories.

• John Leeson has returned to voice K-9 again as he did in Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures. He's been voicing K-9 since his first appearance in 1977.

• The original K-9 prop is used in the first episode until he regenerates due to a piece of technology that has what appears to have Gallifreyan-esque writing on it.

• There's plenty of subtle references to Doctor Who in K-9's first series.

That makes it part of the Whoniverse to me.
                  Hm. Yeah I saw some of these things on the wiki page for it. Still seems kind of ambiguous to me though, particularly since there's apparently rights issues that prohibit them from directly referencing Doctor Who.

Not quite sure what to make of it, but I think in my current 2005- Whoniverse watch-through I'll take a pass for now. I've never watched SJA before so I think one kids show might be about enough for me

Comment

Hm. Yeah I saw some of these things on the wiki page for it. Still seems kind of ambiguous to me though, particularly since there's apparently rights issues that prohibit them from directly referencing Doctor Who.

Not quite sure what to make of it, but I think in my current 2005- Whoniverse watch-through I'll take a pass for now. I've never watched SJA before so I think one kids show might be about enough for me
                    Am I reading that correctly in that you will watch The Sarah Jane Adventures at some point? It's more than just a "kids show" you know, Yes, it plays to kids but its stories are well-worth watching and appeal to adults. I'm nearly 30 and I've found the stories they've told to be intelligent, fun, and engrossing. Plus there's appearances from Doctor Who friends (the Doctor himself in Series 3 and Series 4, Brigadier Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart in Series 2, Jo Grant in Series 4) and enemies (a Sontaran in Series 2, the Judoon in Series 3, Raxacoricofallapatorians in Series 1, 2, and 3).
                    Last edited by Alan; 13 January 2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Am I reading that correctly in that you will watch The Sarah Jane Adventures at some point? It's more than just a "kids show" you know, Yes, it plays to kids but its stories are well-worth watching and appeal to adults. I'm nearly 30 and I've found the stories they've told to be intelligent, fun, and engrossing. Plus there's appearances from Doctor Who friends (the Doctor himself in Series 3 and Series 4, Brigadier Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart in Series 2, Jo Grant in Series 4) and enemies (a Sontaran in Series 2, the Judoon in Series 3, Raxacoricofallapatorians in Series 1, 2, and 3).
                      I just started it not long ago actually. Watched the pilot and the first story just a couple of hours ago

I know the Doctor and Jo appeared in it (I watched that one, Death of the Doctor), but the Brigadier!! That's fantastic, I had no idea!

But yes, this is my first time actually watching SJA through. I'm in the midst of a 2005- Whoniverse (mostly re-)watch-through, in nerd-preparation for Series 32, Miracle Day, and I suppose SJA Series 5 too now I'd initially only planned on DW, but decided to expand on that once I hit the episodes that featured Jack. It's been ages since I've watched Series 27-30 and any of TW so it seemed like a good idea

Comment

I just started it not long ago actually. Watched the pilot and the first story just a couple of hours ago

I know the Doctor and Jo appeared in it (I watched that one, Death of the Doctor), but the Brigadier!! That's fantastic, I had no idea!

But yes, this is my first time actually watching SJA through. I'm in the midst of a 2005- Whoniverse (mostly re-)watch-through, in nerd-preparation for Series 32, Miracle Day, and I suppose SJA Series 5 too now I'd initially only planned on DW, but decided to expand on that once I hit the episodes that featured Jack. It's been ages since I've watched Series 27-30 and any of TW so it seemed like a good idea
                        Seems like a GREAT idea!

I'm thinking of doing a re-watching of stories with a theme to them. For instance, for the sake of keeping this thread on track, a "Captain Jack Harkness Themed Stories Re-watch" in which I'd watch his introduction story, his leaving story, his first Torchwood episode, and any story that expands on his character. And I'd do other other themes too such as "Regeneration / Post-Regeneration Themed Stories Re-Watch", "Companion Joining / Companion Leaving Themed Stories Re-Watch", "Dalek Themed Stories Re-Watch", and so on and so forth.

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a re-watching of stories with a theme to them. For instance, for the sake of keeping this thread on track, a "Captain Jack Harkness Themed Stories Re-watch" in which I'd watch his introduction story, his leaving story, his first Torchwood episode, and any story that expands on his character. And I'd do other other themes too such as "Regeneration / Post-Regeneration Themed Stories Re-Watch", "Companion Joining / Companion Leaving Themed Stories Re-Watch", "Dalek Themed Stories Re-Watch", and so on and so forth.
                          Ooh that's kinda neat ideas too. You could do like a history (chron) of the Daleks, or the evolution of Torchwood (T&C/AoG/Doomsday/Everything Changes/CoE), lots of possibilities

Comment

Ooh that's kinda neat ideas too. You could do like a history (chron) of the Daleks, or the evolution of Torchwood (T&C/AoG/Doomsday/Everything Changes/CoE), lots of possibilities
                            Yep. There's no shortage of different themed re-watches you could do. One re-watch I definitely plan to do as soon as the storyline concludes on screen is a "River Song Theme Re-watch" but in chronological order from River's POV which would make Silence in the Library the last story I'd watch. Could be fun.

Comment

Yep. There's no shortage of different themed re-watches you could do. One re-watch I definitely plan to do as soon as the storyline concludes on screen is a "River Song Theme Re-watch" but in chronological order from River's POV which would make Silence in the Library the last story I'd watch. Could be fun.
                              Oooh yes. Damn you now I'm going to have to sit down and start pounding out themed rewatch episode orders

Comment

Oooh yes. Damn you now I'm going to have to sit down and start pounding out themed rewatch episode orders
                                Heehee. I'm just doing what the Whoniverse asks...nay...DEMANDS - for fans to think about these things and do them.

Comment

Working...
                                X