Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuz View Post
    I wouldn't be so optimistic, Reef. There still can be a supporting role which THE LORD decides to cast in this way.
    Apart from Christine I don't think there are any other supporting roles big enough to warrent a 13 week show

Comment

Given how much the Beeb likes the format, my money's on a 26-part show where both a Christine and a Raoul get cast

Madeleine

Comment

Oh God I hope not, I hate those shows, I think Kevin Spacey is right, it is a plug, how many people would have gone to see the Sound of Music and Joseph with Connie whatserface and Lee thingy if it hadn't been dragged through the TV for 3 months?

Comment

Listen to John Barrowman talking about what he has coming up. Plus he confirms Torchwood S3! YAY!

YouTube link here.
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Listen to John Barrowman talking about what he has coming up. Plus he confirms Torchwood S3! YAY!

YouTube link here.
            First official confirmation - squee! Cheers
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

YouTube link here.
              I was pleased when I first heard this interview last week but still he says it won't be the same... that makes me worry. I can't help it! I am terribly worried. I hate too much change too soon! Although he does seem genuinely surprised by the suggestion of Martha and Mickey, then again maybe his acting is getting better *I mean that in a good way not as an insult*

On something completely different. Has anyone got a link to the Capt Jack action figure picture? Torchwood version? I have seen Gwen, Cyberwoman and Weevil but no Jack yet. Anyone?

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-A.../dp/B000ICD0Q6 Dr who one though. cant find a torchwood one yet.

Has anyone played the online game for torchwood on the bbc site. i have completed it now but you have to use internet resources and clues to complete the missions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites...messages.shtml
                Last edited by Team SG-1*save the show*; 26 May 2008, 02:09 AM.
                Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                sigpic
                sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-A.../dp/B000ICD0Q6 Dr who one though. cant find a torchwood one yet.
                  Thanks but I knew what the Doctor Who one looked like and I didn't really like it. The blue is too light and he has no coat.

I really want one of him in his coat, I am hoping that the Torchwood one will have him in his coat. I think it will but I would like some picture proof of that.

Comment

According to this site they are not available until august. there is a 4 figure set but it doesnt show a preview of the capt jack harkness figure

http://shop.scificollectorshop.co.uk...vil-cyberwoman

Maybe you could email these people as they are the official suppliers
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      On something completely different. Has anyone got a link to the Capt Jack action figure picture? Torchwood version? I have seen Gwen, Cyberwoman and Weevil but no Jack yet. Anyone?
                      You mean action figure of Captain Jack in his trademark long coat?

http://www.character-online.com/imag...ImageId=110879
                      Spoiler:

This one is from a new Dr Who set though. So it's entirely possible that they make another one for the Torchwood set.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

All About Eve: Interview with Eve Myles for Eclipse Magazine

excerpts [Exit Wounds spoilers!]:

Spoiler:
                        "Myles is clearly saddened at remembering the filming of that episode. “It was actually filmed on the last day. You’re doing seven months with people and coming to an end it’s always an emotional thing to say goodbye to people - especially when you have to say goodbye to them for good. To do those scenes was very, very hard.”

That’s not to say that Owen (Burn Gorman) and Toshiko (Naoko Mori) didn’t go out with a bang – in more ways than one. There were, Myles says, positives to their departures and she can’t speak too highly of her colleagues.

“They had a incredible exit. They are fabulous characters that will always be remembered. They’re legends. They are wonderful. It’s a very hard thing to say goodbye to people, isn’t it?”

Although no longer in the show, Owen and Toshiko are not forgotten. Myles confirms that the up-coming BBC Radio 4 one-off drama, written specially to coincide with the launch of CERN’s Large Hadron Collider and set around that event, addresses the loss of the two team members."

Looking forward to the radio play. YAY!

This part of the interview made me cringe though:

Spoiler:
                        "The others will always be affected by this tragic loss [of Owen and Toshiko], but Myles thinks Gwen will be particularly affected as she’s newer to Torchwood and the constant dangers they face.

“She really grasped onto those two characters,” says Myles. “As far as Jack and Ianto are concerned, they are used to everyone dying young in Torchwood. It’s part of the job.”"

Excuse me?! I got the impression from what we've seen of Jack's reaction in the episode that coping with deaths of people he cares about hasn't got any easier for Jack. As for Ianto's state of mind I would point out the remarkable lack of outward reaction [at least for Ianto - think Cyberwoman or Out of the Rain] that screams to me that Ianto is still kinda in shock when logging out Tosh and Owen from the TW mainframe. But that is just my opinion.
                        Last edited by zuz; 31 May 2008, 12:23 AM.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Not sure if we know this yet but sounds like TW will be a five-part miniseries airing over the course of one week next year and that additional episodes may be ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Not sure if we know this yet but sounds like TW will be a five-part miniseries airing over the course of one week next year and that additional episodes may be ordered.
                            *Reads, sits down on the floor, throws a massive tantrum*

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                              *Reads, sits down on the floor, throws a massive tantrum*

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Maybe John Barrowman should stop whoring himself all over TV and then he'd have time to make a complete series, I had a feeling this might happen with his extra curricular activities

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

I read the same thing from my groups over at Yahoo.

What really bothered me is
                                Spoiler:
                                it's being shown on BBC 1, which may mean anything non-PG could be edited out if this is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X