Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Torchwood Novels: Titles and Cover Art Revealed

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Pictures of 3 new TW action figures (Jack, Weevil and Lisa aka Cyberwoman). Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBKB4LrG9Qk
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Finally I found rumours about season 3 that I like.
        Spoiler:

"Torchwood series 3 has already been commissioned by the BBC, and is due to start early in 2009. All of the main cast except Naoko Mori have signed contracts to appear in it (including Burn Gorman, interestingly).

Edit: more news on Torchwood series 3. James Marsters, has apparently been asked to appear in series 3 and has agreed. He also reckons that the series will be the full 13 episodes and not 6 as rumoured in some quarters (this comes from a reported conversation with James Marsters at a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" convention).

Last Sunday RTD confirmed there would be a season 3 and that John Barrowman would be in every episode. The rumour about him leaving is just a rumour started by a poster on SyFyPortal who claims to be a BBC insider (ri-ight).
        Noako (Tosh) has left but it's unknown whether Burn (Owen) is returning or not."

I got them on this LJ site. And as I said above they are just rumours. I'm not claiming that what's written above is actually going to happen. But after all those reports of short Jack-lite season I needed to find some positive predictions for the next series.

I just wish that this bunch got confirmed.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
          Spoiler:

"Torchwood series 3 has already been commissioned by the BBC, and is due to start early in 2009. All of the main cast except Naoko Mori have signed contracts to appear in it (including Burn Gorman, interestingly).

Edit: more news on Torchwood series 3. James Marsters, has apparently been asked to appear in series 3 and has agreed. He also reckons that the series will be the full 13 episodes and not 6 as rumoured in some quarters (this comes from a reported conversation with James Marsters at a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" convention).

Last Sunday RTD confirmed there would be a season 3 and that John Barrowman would be in every episode. The rumour about him leaving is just a rumour started by a poster on SyFyPortal who claims to be a BBC insider (ri-ight).
          Noako (Tosh) has left but it's unknown whether Burn (Owen) is returning or not."

I got them on this LJ site. And as I said above they are just rumours. I'm not claiming that what's written above is actually going to happen. But after all those reports of short Jack-lite season I needed to find some positive predictions for the next series.

please oh please let that be true!!! i will sacrifice all my biological children for it to be true
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Those are really good rumours. I really hope they are true and may I say that the cover of that novel "Almost Perfect" looks like a slash story ^_^ Mmmh Jack maybe falling in love with some pretty alien? Poor Ianto.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
              Those are really good rumours. I really hope they are true and may I say that the cover of that novel "Almost Perfect" looks like a slash story ^_^ Mmmh Jack maybe falling in love with some pretty alien? Poor Ianto.
              it also looks to be set post exit wounds....
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I hope that the above is correct, but since BBC hasn't said boo about anything, it might come as a suprise to me when they do.

Comment

Spoiler:

I am with you. I wish.

I would rather believe this, which is closer to what I assumed would be happening then the other rather weird (make no sense at all) rumours. Although I don't like hearing John may not be in many eps. Unless he is going to be in the Doctor Who specials!

I have a feeling we will not know anything until after Doctor Who's finale. I would however assume RTD would know something by now, but he has an annoying habit of talking about Doctor Who and rarely mentioning Torchwood even when asked directly to comment on it.

Comment

I think the main reason why he doesn't talk about Torchwood is to avoid any chance of spoiling anything for both series which is understandable. I am quite sure he loves Torchwood since it is truly his baby
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      I think the main reason why he doesn't talk about Torchwood is to avoid any chance of spoiling anything for both series which is understandable. I am quite sure he loves Torchwood since it is truly his baby
                      Well he talks about Doctor Who and it is screening now, so yeah I don't think that is why. Besides what is the problem with RTD saying, yes it will be back and yes Gwen, Ianto and Jack will be in it, and yes it will be keeping in line with it's adult content?

That is all I want to know. That is all most of us really want to know right now.

Comment

Summary of new TW novels revealed
                        Almost Perfect
                        Spoiler:
                        "The ninth novel in the bestselling Torchwood range from BBC Books. Emma is 30, single and, frankly, desperate. She woke up this morning with nothing to look forward to but another evening of unsuccessful speed-dating. But now she has a new weapon in her quest for Mr Right. And it's made her almost perfect! Ianto Jones woke up this morning with no memory of last night. He went to work, where he caused amusement, suspicion, and a little bit of jealousy. Because Ianto Jones woke up this morning in the body of a woman! And he's looking just about perfect! And Jack Harkness has always had his doubts about Perfection...."

Is it just me or does it sound like a synopsis of a really bad fanfiction? *lolz* I hope it will be awesome.

I guess that this one is going to be a post Exit Wounds story. Look at the cover art in the post above.

Pack Animals
                        Spoiler:
                        "The seventh novel in the bestselling Torchwood range from BBC Books. Shopping for wedding gifts with your fiance is enjoyable, unless like Gwen you witness a Weevil massacre in the shopping centre. A trip to the zoo is a great day out, until a date goes tragically wrong and Ianto is badly injured by stolen alien tech. And Halloween is a day of fun and frights, before unspeakable monsters invade the streets of Cardiff and it's no longer a trick or a treat for the terrified population. Torchwood can control small groups of scavengers, but now someone has given large numbers of predators a season ticket to Earth!"

Skypoint
                        Spoiler:
                        "The eighth novel in the bestselling Torchwood range from BBC Books. SkyPoint is the latest high-rise addition to the ever-developing Cardiff skyline. It's the most high-tech, avant-garde apartment block in the city. And it's where Rhys Williams is hoping to find a new home for himself and Gwen. When Torchwood discover that residents have been going missing from the tower block, one of the team gets her dream assignment. Soon, SkyPoint's latest newly married tenants are moving in. And Toshiko Sato finally gets to make a home with Owen Harper. Then something comes out of the wall..."

source: amazon.com
                        Last edited by zuz; 16 May 2008, 11:07 AM.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood Magazine Issue 5 has been on sale in the UK and Ireland since this Thursday. If you're in the US, you'll have to wait just that little bit longer - the mag will be available from June 10.

Look at the yummy cover art.

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by zuz; 17 May 2008, 06:18 PM.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

It's either Barnum or Phantom Of The Opera 2 for John Barrowman

"... John Barrowman is mulling the choices to star as either P.T. Barnum in a late-2009 West End revival of the musical Barnum or join the upcoming “Phantom 2”, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel to his mega hit, The Phantom of the Opera, which is currently in it’s early stages of development."
                            source: broadwayworld.com

"... ‘I’m inclining towards Barnum,’ he [John Barrowman] says. ‘It’ll mean getting back into serious shape, better than ever before. I haven’t been to the gym in seven months, I haven’t had time, I’ve been so busy with work.

But I’d have to do two months’ intensive circus training to do Barnum.’

Circus training brings to mind spangly, tight-fitting clothes, which would show off that rather fine physique to even greater advantage.

‘God, no, I won’t be wearing lycra,’ he exclaims in horror. And then, with a lingering touch on my shoulder and a glint in his eye, ‘Well, I’d be learning all the trapeze stuff and everything…I suppose maybe a pair of cycling shorts…Or they might even give me a leotard…’ "
                            source: JB Interview for Cherwell
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

"... John Barrowman is mulling the choices to star as either P.T. Barnum in a late-2009 West End revival of the musical Barnum or join the upcoming “Phantom 2”, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel to his mega hit, The Phantom of the Opera, which is currently in it’s early stages of development."
                              you mean Lord Lloyd-Webber's not going to set up a 13 week promotional 'How Do You Solve a Problem serching of I'll Do Anything for the sake of Any Dream Will Do' for his Phantom 2

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                you mean Lord Lloyd-Webber's not going to set up a 13 week promotional 'How Do You Solve a Problem serching of I'll Do Anything for the sake of Any Dream Will Do' for his Phantom 2
                                I wouldn't be so optimistic, Reef. There still can be a supporting role which THE LORD decides to cast in this way.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X