Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    i heard about that... appearantly ppl are having trouble finding them stores....
    I'm not into card games much but these cards sure look cool.

Although I have to add shame on them for not having a Jack/Ianto card.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

"Torchwood star Gareth David-Lloyd was recently quoted as saying he wanted to appear at American conventions. America responded quickly, and now his website has him listed as a guest at both the Californian San Diego Comic-con International in July and the Georgian Dragoncon on Labor Day weekend (end of August-September 1). Both appearances are dependent upon filming schedules, so check closer to the date to verify his status."

source: Firefox News
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
        I'm not into card games much but these cards sure look cool.

Although I have to add shame on them for not having a Jack/Ianto card.
        it's just a matter of time... every so often these card games always release a new card/booster set... from what i've been reading on Torchwood's Secret, ppl are just looking to collect them and possibly get character cards signed by actors... yadda... typical mega-fan behavior... no actually seems interested in the game itself... i foresee several hundred dollars going down the drain trying to collect every single one of them in my personal future

Originally posted by zuz View Post
        "Torchwood star Gareth David-Lloyd was recently quoted as saying he wanted to appear at American conventions. America responded quickly, and now his website has him listed as a guest at both the Californian San Diego Comic-con International in July and the Georgian Dragoncon on Labor Day weekend (end of August-September 1). Both appearances are dependent upon filming schedules, so check closer to the date to verify his status."

source: Firefox News
        this puts me in a dilemma... Dragon*Con is in my backyard, quite literally... if i went at all, it would be to meet GDL, but that con is huge!! so finding him's gonna be hard... and then on top of that, longer i wait, the more expensive the entrance fee... but if he ends up not coming then it'll be a waste of money....
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.daemonstv.com/2008/04/20/...wood-part-two/

Interview: NAOKO MORI from TORCHWOOD (Part Two)
          April 20, 2008

Here is the second part of our interview with Naoko Mori, who plays Tosh on TORCHWOOD.

In part one, Naoko Mori talked about Tosh’s evolution this last season, her doomed love life, how she first heard about Doctor Who, what originally made her want to become an actor, and much more.

In part two, Naoko Mori touches on the dramatic ending of Tosh, her future projects, her dream role, and more.

GO TO LINK FOR BOTH INTERVIEWS

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post

this puts me in a dilemma... Dragon*Con is in my backyard, quite literally... if i went at all, it would be to meet GDL, but that con is huge!! so finding him's gonna be hard... and then on top of that, longer i wait, the more expensive the entrance fee... but if he ends up not coming then it'll be a waste of money....
            I know who is bringing him to the US for Comic Con. I'm leaving for London in a couple days and don't have time to check before I go but if you PM me to remind me then when I return to the US after May 5th I can see if the Comic Con folks have any details on Dragon Con.

For Comic Con I can tell you he will be down in the exhibit hall at one of the dealer booths near the SciFi Channel booth. The day is not set yet but will be soon, anyone wanting that info just needs to let me know and I will pass it on as soon as it is available. He might be part of the Torchwood panel at Comic Con but that is not a definite yet.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

thanks! i already know that James Marsters is coming back this year... i have a feeling that i'll just have to look for him to find Gareth....
              sigpic

Comment

Torchwood and Doctor Who Win BAFTA Cymru Awards

Both Torchwood and Doctor Who have done an outstanding job - taking home seven awards in total from The BAFTA Cymru Wards. The ceremony took place last night (April 27) at the Millennium Centre, Cardiff. Doctor Who took out six of the awards, and Torchwood took home one award. They are as follows:

* Best Costume: Torchwood (1.12 Captain Jack Harkness)
                * Best Director of Drama: James Strong (Voyage of the Damned)
                * Best Director of Photography: Doctor Who - Ernie Vincze (Voyage of the Damned)
                * Best Drama Series: Doctor Who
                * Best Make-Up: Doctor Who - Barabara Southcott and Neil Gorton (The Shakespere Code)
                * Best Screenwriter: Doctor Who - Steven Moffat (Blink)
                * Best Sound: BBC Wales Sound Team
                source: Totally Torchwood
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

BBC America content comes to U.S. iTunes Store
                  BBC on Tuesday announced that BBC America programming is available for purchase and download through the iTunes Store in the United States.

BBC America’s programming on iTunes begins with Torchwood, a spinoff of the BBC’s popular Doctor Who series; the comedy sketch series Little Britain; and the medieval action series Robin Hood.

Each series is available either per episode for $1.99 each, or per season. The U.S. iTunes Store’s coverage begins with Robin Hood Series (Season) 2; Little Britain Series 3 and Torchwood Series 2.
                  source: Macworld
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

BBC sees strong sales through iTunes Store US:
                    Torchwood and Little Britain lead BBC TV show sales in the US

The BBC is off to an incredibly strong start as it begins selling selected TV shows through iTunes in the US.

BBC America began selling TV series in the US this week, launching with the following titles: Torchwood, Little Britain and Robin Hood. It appears the content has struck a nerve in the US, with the BBC now seizing three of the top ten TV seasons places on the iTunes Store in the US.

Torchwood is at numbers four (series two) and five (series one) on the top ten list while Little Britain takes third place in Apple’s own top ten, which is itself generated on the basis of sales.

Interestingly, none of the BBC’s TV shows have ranked among the top ten series in terms of individual episodes, suggest that the US audience, at least, is purchasing entire series of the BBC shows - clearly a very strong start.
                    source: Macworld
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

A new Torchwood convention has been announced - The Hub.

The event will be held from Friday 17th - Sunday 19th of October 2008 in The Park Inn Hotel, Northampton, London.

Confirmed guests: John Barrowman (Captain Jack), Naoko Mori (Tosh), and Paul Kasey (Weevil and Blowfish). Further guests to be announced soon.

For more info visit the con's official website.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I will be working at this booth some during Comic Con. This is a notice I received via email today.

Holzheimer's Distribution
                        at
                        San Diego Comic Con 2008
                        in Booth 3845
                        is pleased to announces that

Mr. John Barrowman
                        will also be signing in their booth.

Mr. Barrowman joins Mr. Gareth David-Lloyd and Mr. Cliff Simon in there booth for signing. For more information signing times or prices please contact us at [email protected]

If you wish to post this please just let us know first.

Thank you.
                        Last edited by tsaxlady; 07 May 2008, 09:38 PM.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

HDNet Sets Encore Presentation for BBC’s Torchwood

HDNet has scheduled an encore presentation of seasons one and two of the BBC’s sci-fi drama series Torchwood, beginning May 12.

The encore presentation will launch at 7 p.m. on May 12, with additional airings scheduled for 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. Torchwood follows a group of renegade investigators who use alien technology to solve crimes. The series is a spin-off the long-running series Dr. Who.

"Our viewers have spoken," said Mark Cuban, the president and co-founder of HDNet. "They love Torchwood, so we're more than happy to give them an encore presentation of the first 26 episodes of this great series in full HD."
                          source: WorldScreen.com
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

James Moran interview: writing Doctor Who, Torchwood, Severance, Primeval & more!

"Want to know what it's like to write for Torchwood and Doctor Who, how the process works and what it's like to watch your own episode being shown? Den of Geek asked Mr Moran."
                            read the rest here

James Moran's blog here

[James Moran wrote the Torchwood episode Sleeper and the Doctor Who episode The Fires of Pompeii]
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              I will be working at this booth some during Comic Con. This is a notice I received via email today.

Holzheimer's Distribution
                              at
                              San Diego Comic Con 2008
                              in Booth 3845
                              is pleased to announces that

Mr. John Barrowman
                              will also be signing in their booth.

Mr. Barrowman joins Mr. Gareth David-Lloyd and Mr. Cliff Simon in there booth for signing. For more information signing times or prices please contact us at [email protected]

If you wish to post this please just let us know first.

Thank you.
                              i hate you.... not really but i am absolutely green with envy....
                              sigpic

Comment

Burn Gorman is playing Bill Sikes in the upcoming production of Oliver, well Mr Mackintosh does need real talent to offset the wannabes from that TV show

Comment

Working...
                                X