Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF magazine has an interview with Gareth David-Lloyd. You can read it here. season 2 spoilers

"iF: Were you a DOCTOR WHO fan or a Science Fiction fan before you joined TORCHWOOD?

DAVID LLOYD: I was a big STAR TREK fan in my teenage years. I’ve got every single NEXT GENERATION episode on long play VHS around here somewhere. [Laughs] When I was younger, there was a big break for us in the UK when DOCTOR WHO wasn’t on, so I wasn’t a collector of the old episodes. I did get into it when it started again with Christopher Eccelston a few years back."
    Yay! I loved ST:TNG, too. (Though it might be "a generation" thing. I'm about the same age as Gareth.)
    Last edited by zuz; 04 April 2008, 08:07 AM.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Sci-fi shows' Bafta Cymru battle

"Doctor Who will fight it out with its spin-off series Torchwood in a bid to claim the top honours at this year's Bafta Cymru awards.

The sci-fi programmes - made by BBC Wales - go head-to-head in the best drama series category, along with fellow BBC show Belonging...."

read the rest here
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Question to anyone who knows. Over the entranceway of the Millennium Centre there's a mixture of Welsh and English, can someone who knows the language translate what it says.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
          dear god! It's tonight over here!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Damn i'm at work till 10pm Nooooooo it's going to go so sloowwwww
          yea... technically, it'd be available for me by tomorrow about this time tomorrow, but since tomorrow night is the premeire of DW, and i probably won't get enough free time to watch both on Sunday, i'm gonna wait til monday... the wait itself is torture, but then the treat afterwards'll make up for it
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the biggest challange that the BBC and RTD will have are the Torchwood list groups, Usenet, and imdb boards with episode 13. Any news ringing true about the rumours will hit well before the episode is shown on BBCA, which may turn away the viewers here.

With what only, an hour and a half away, we shall see what we shall see.

ETA: I might also turn away some viewers in the UK too.
            Last edited by LaCroix; 04 April 2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

More Season 2 finale spoilers in Chris Chibnall's interview for Digital spy:

Spoiler:
              "Chris Chibnall talks 'Torchwood', 'L&O: London'

This Friday it's the biggie. The much-anticipated season finale of Torchwood. As I told you last week, it's a very upsetting but excellently-crafted episode that everyone is bound to have their own take on. You really wouldn't thank me if I told you any more - avoid any rumours you may hear elsewhere - so I won't. However, this edition we hear from someone who is perhaps more qualified to do the teasing. Chris Chibnall, lead writer on Torchwood and executive producer of the new London-set Law & Order spinoff, tells us what to expect in the finale.

Coming into the finale, what does Captain John want?

"I would say John wants to get back at Jack. It kind of stems from the moment in episode one, 'Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang', when John discovers that Jack can live forever. The way James Marsters played that scene was really interesting and it was slightly different from what was on the page. Instead of being furious and bemused, he was hurt and affronted. I love that: he plays that scene as if Jack's immortality was a kind of personal insult to him, which it sort of is. So at the end of episode twelve, it's clear that he's come back to get his own back. There's a line he has at the beginning of episode 13 - 'you were very rude to me' - which is the impetus to start the story rolling there."

Was the character of Captain John conceived before you signed up James Marsters?
              "We had the character in mind, in a very brief kind of 'there's another time agent' as a one or two sentence description. We had that idea knocking around in series one but never quite got round to it, for various reasons. Then when [James] got in touch with Russell [T Davies] about appearing, we put two and two together and said 'Imagine if you got him playing that character'. So that was all thought about before I wrote the script for episode one. I wrote the script for him, we sent it off, and essentially got agreement straight away."

How do you write a character for James Marsters? He's obviously a cult legend from his days on Buffy...
              "You don't really think about that. You're always thinking about the character, so what the show needed - and what Captain Jack needed - was a proper nemesis, somebody to really test him, to push him, and to reveal something about Jack's character. And also show what's great about Jack. In seeing John you see the way Jack could have gone, and probably did, for a little while. Jack, in his experiences with the Doctor and Torchwood, made a very conscious decision to move away from that behaviour."

The seeds for the finale were set right back in the season opener, then revisited again in 'Adam', and throughout. Is it important to have a 'Big Bad' each season?
              "I think it's useful in getting a sense that the series is building and has momentum, and also it serves a reward for regular viewers. What you don't want to compromise is your standalone stories, because Torchwood is absolutely designed to be 13 standalone episodes that you can dip into, not really knowing anything about the previous weeks. However, what you occasionally want to do is reward the people who are there every week and play out emotional stories that you can't deal with and close down in 50 minutes. The best series do it that way. My taste is very much standalone stories that resonate with character arcs."

link
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Any news on a series 3!

I have a bad feeling about this, it is taking too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Any news on a series 3!

I have a bad feeling about this, it is taking too long.
                  Only rumours, I'm afraid.
                  And I'm in denial until there's an official word from BBC.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                    Only rumours, I'm afraid.
                    And I'm in denial until there's an official word from BBC.
                    Joins you in the river of denial. Oh those rumours
                    Spoiler:
                    are hidious!

Comment

Digital spy has an exclusive post-Exit Wounds interview with Naoko Mori massive spoilers for Exit Wounds

Spoiler:
                      Tosh in s3?

Spoiler:
                      All this said, do you think the team will be using the glove on Tosh next series?
                      "Hahaha! I hope so. Never say never. There has been talk and we've kind of left that open and in the air. It would be nice, wouldn't it?"

Would you want to go back? It's kind of been wrapped up as it is.
                      "Torchwood has been the most phenomenal experience for me, as a person and as an actor. It's certainly changed my life! I would never say no to [going back], but as I've always said, I want to make sure it's done for the right reason. It all depends on the story and should not just for the sake of it. If they do then I'm sure it will be, because it's Russell and the great team of writers he has. We'll just have to see, I guess. Would people want to see that happen?"

What's next for you now?
                      "Well, there's a couple of things. There's two projects in the States I'm waiting to hear on and I also have a theatre project in Japan. I'm trying to work out which way to go and sod's law, things clash. So who knows, maybe there'll also be a fleeting visit to Torchwood in the next series?"

read the rest here
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

just watched Exit Wounds... was stoic throughout it all tiol the end...
                        Spoiler:
                        Tosh's little easter egg almost made me cry! it certainly broke my heart! oh Tosh, you more than did alright!!

also, until i get a definitive answer with atleast three proofs on s3, i'm gonna keep speculating on cast Jack, Ianto, and Gwen will defo be back..

Spoiler:
                        as well as bringing Martha in as a perminant replacement for Owen... i have a feeling PC Andy might be getting a promotion... John will definately be back for an episode or two or three... and possibly a regular of perminant add-on for s4.... i have a feeling Martha will bring someone with her from UNIT to cover Tosh's station, maybe... I mean Jack, Ianto, and Martha all know their way around advanced/alien tech, but TOsh was a true genius, and there's no way Jack would have time to be boss and technician at the same time, even if Ianto helps him with the admin....

as an afterthought, am i moving too fast? i mean s2 has barely ended....
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok, apparently I've read a different set of rumors (mostly from Outpost Gallifrey): (Beware a Doctor Who spoiler as well.)

Spoiler:

Season 3 has supposedly been confirmed by Barrowman's book. Additionally, the guy from Buffy (I didn't watch it), Masterson I believe, has confirmed that he will be back next year, so Season 3 looks good.

Barrowman has also said that he is willing to stay for several years or as long as the show will have him, so I don't see him leaving or letting anyone reduce him to a reoccuring role, which isn't going to happen.

I, too, keep hearing that Martha is replacing Owen, which does make sense, but I've also heard that Mickey (yes, Rose's Mickey) will likely replace Tosh.

Noel Clarke has hinted at possible appearances in Torchwood, which make sense since his character is a computer hacker.

If these rumors are true, the BBC can't announce Season 3 of Torchwood yet without giving away at least a small part of the end of Series 4 Who.

I wouldn't fret. Torchwood will be back.

Last edited by MasySyma; 05 April 2008, 07:34 PM. Reason: I can't type at coherently at night. :)
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

i see what you mean....
                            Spoiler:
                            if Mickey's supposed to replace tosh, then that means they found a way to get back, since he too was trapped in the parallel world.... and that he decided to stay which could mean that Rose decided to stay too... plus, at the end of s2 of DW, both Mickey and Rose were working for the parallel TW... this has many possibilities....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                              Ok, apparently I've read a different set of rumors (mostly from Outpost Gallifrey): (Beware a Doctor Who spoiler as well.)

Spoiler:

Season 3 has supposedly been confirmed by Barrowman's book. Additionally, the guy from Buffy (I didn't watch it), Masterson I believe, has confirmed that he will be back next year, so Season 3 looks good.

Barrowman has also said that he is willing to stay for several years or as long as the show will have him, so I don't see him leaving or letting anyone reduce him to a reoccuring role, which isn't going to happen.

I, too, keep hearing that Martha is replacing Owen, which does make sense, but I've also heard that Mickey (yes, Rose's Mickey) will likely replace Tosh.

Noel Clarke has hinted at possible appearances in Torchwood, which make sense since his character is a computer hacker.

If these rumors are true, the BBC can't announce Season 3 of Torchwood yet without giving away at least a small part of the end of Series 4 Who.

While I wouldn't mind
                              Spoiler:
                              Martha (Freema) coming back, she's already been, I hope to hell they keep Mickey away (Noel). Now no offence to the actor, but Torchwood, if these rumours are true, will become just another version of Doctor Who. YMMV.

Also, I have to wonder, if JB recieves a much better offer from another source, would he return.
                              Last edited by LaCroix; 05 April 2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post

Spoiler:

They are similar to the rumours that worry me! I do not under any circumstances want...
                                Spoiler:
                                Perfect!Martha and Stupid!Mickey anywhere near Torchwood!
                                Sorry but I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X