Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I highly doubt that anything will happen to Ianto. The creators are very well aware that he is a fan favourite and that the Jack/Ianto relationship is the backbone of the show. maybe Owen will finally die for real.

Otherwise the finale sounds really interesting, especially because James Masters will be back ^_^
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

that's what i'm thinking... after all, even if it is complete boll0cks, that scify portal article did have some merit...
      Spoiler:
      in that owen was leaving and martha joining TW perminantly
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

If anyone is interested Burn Gorman is appearing in The Curse of Steptoe as writer Ray Galton, on BBC4 at 10pm Wednesday night

Comment

Starlog Online has an interview with visual FX supervisor Dave Houghton and visual FX producer Will Cohen, who discuss working on Torchwood and Doctor Who at:

http://www.starlog.com/fearful_feature.php

A brief excerpt:

STARLOG: How has the first season of TORCHWOOD worked out?

HOUGHTON: There are a certain amount of production pains in ramping up a new series. We started late, and then we sat down to discuss it without seeing a script, which was a problem. It’s like saying to an architect, “How much is it going to cost to build a house?” There isn’t a plan to assess that, so we sat down and discussed the broad themes.

I think TORCHWOOD was supposed to be a much more psychological drama than it ended up being.

COHEN: It’s a good amount of work, but it’s maybe 20 shots instead of 100.
          Given the nature of how TORCHWOOD has evolved, it’s actually a unique British television show.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Nice find, morjana.

TORCHWOOD MAGAZINE issue no. 3

The third issue of Torchwood Magazine was on 20th March at the price of £3.75. Inside the issue there are sneak peaks at upcoming episodes, interviews with some of the cast including Burn Gorman and many more exciting features. Here is what Titan Magazines have to say:

Interviews with Burn Gorman (Owen Harper) and Richard Briers (Parker) head up the new issue, and as the second spectacular series of Torchwood heads towards its climax, lead writer Chris Chibnall whets the appetite for the next few weeks. Torchwood magazine is the only place to find brand new official Torchwood comic strips, written by host of comics talent, including Simon Furman (Transformers). Tosh tears up the Tarmac in the new issue’s adventure Jetsam, written and drawn by Brian Williamson (Doctor Who).
            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

More info on new TW mag comic strip here

sample:

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

i have a small request for anyone who is buying/has bought the TW zine... i can't it anywhere and i really don't have the money to order online... if i could find it in a store, then i'd sit and read it there... anyways, could someone scan the comic strips for those of us who have no access?
                sigpic

Comment

Torchwood.TV has spoilers for "Exit Wounds". read here.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

not reading, not reading lalalala :has fingers in ears:

but from what it says in the non spoilery parts we will need tissues. Oh dear. I wonder who is going to bite the bullet.
                    Spoiler:
                    To be honest - I wouldn't mind if Owen finally dies and stays dead. Anyone else......Gwen? :hopes: okay, okay too much wishfull thinking here.....
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Blimey, I do hope it's wrong
                      Edit:
                      Spoiler:
                      Is this a way to bring Martha back perminently d'ya think or will TPTB hit the reset button

Comment

I still hold some hope, just some that this is all deliberate to have fandom riled up, nothing says ratings grab more then getting fans riled up for a finale!

Spoiler:

Also given one of Doctor Who's major characters (Rose) exit was hardly a secret in the end I think Torchwood would leak more then Doctor Who and so far I haven't read any spoilers that I find convincing the way I found Rose leaving to be... if that makes sense.

Then again this is scifi (no one ever dies in scifi ), this is Torchwood (and really no one of importance so far has died for ever! Not even Suzie! ) and bloody Russell has said before that he likes to shake things up, no one is safe and all that... blah, blah insert normal producers reactions to finales.
                        it is going to be a long week!

Also have we, when will we know about a series 3? Shouldn't they have started filming by now?!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Also have we, when will we know about a series 3? Shouldn't they have started filming by now?!
                          John Barrowman's doing another of those talent show things, so I don't think filming will start for a while yet, anyway. It's why this season was so delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                            not reading, not reading lalalala :has fingers in ears:

but from what it says in the non spoilery parts we will need tissues. Oh dear. I wonder who is going to bite the bullet.
                            Spoiler:
                            To be honest - I wouldn't mind if Owen finally dies and stays dead. Anyone else......Gwen? :hopes: okay, okay too much wishfull thinking here.....
                            that's exactly what i think! the owen thing, not the gwen thing

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                            John Barrowman's doing another of those talent show things, so I don't think filming will start for a while yet, anyway. It's why this season was so delayed.
                            and i read over in the JB/CJH thread that after he's done in the uk, he's slotted to do another one of those talent thingies in canada... where does the man find the time and energy to do all this?
                            sigpic

Comment

Radio 4 to air one-off 'Torchwood'

"A one-off special of Torchwood is being made to air on BBC Radio 4 in the summer.

The 45-minute show is written by Joseph Lidster, who penned a recent television episode and is behind much of the BBC's online Doctor Who content.

Stars including John Barrowman will feature and the Torchwood team will produce along with BBC Wales's Kate McAll.

Airing as Radio 4's Afternoon Play, it has been planned to coincide with the opening of the world's biggest particle accelerator in Switzerland.

Lidster is working the story around a particle accelerator, according to Broadcast."

source: Digital spy
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Digital spy has 4 Exit Wounds pictures BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

Spoiler:

the second couple of pics is even more spoilery
                                Spoiler:

link to the article
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X