Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those rumors are the stupidest claims I've heard in a while, and no channel other than SciFi is that stupid.

While it is probable that
    Spoiler:
    the Doctor will regenerate, the Torchwood rumors don't make sense.
    A channel would not retool a highly rated show for no apparent reason, not with the ratings and appreciation scores Torchwood has been getting.

The writer just needed to meet a deadline.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

agreed... tho there may be some warrent to JB doing guest appearances in s4 of TW, if we get a s4... since he is hinting at going back to the stage after s3 is finished filming.... but then so has David...
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

The BBC can be pretty stupid.

I think the guy forgot which month it was... March not April (fools).

I know Tennant must leave sooner rather then later, it is the way of Doctor Who *nods* but John leaving Torchwood and The BBC making it more kid friendly, with fraking Martha!? Words can not describe how much that would stink up the place!

The show would be dead before the first preview hit Youtube!

Comment

If any of those rumours about Torchwood are true, I may just flip my lid! Restyling a show can have disastrous effects upon it's future success. Especially in the capacity this is suggesting. It's true I had some initial qualms about some of the cast, but now I'm fully into their team dynamic an individual contributions. I like them more each time. Change that too much and the system falls apart. It's similar to many comments about Stargate Atlantis of late.

And then there's the suggestion of kicking the show down to a family level on a permanent basis! Um..NO! For the kiddy kids it's Sarah Jane, for the family it's Doctor Who, and for the mature it's Torchwood. This construct works. To alter it would be a disaster. I love that TW is dark, thematically brave and morally realistic. I like the odd sexual reference and crude language, it all adds to the success of the show. Knock it back to a level that kids and families can enjoy and you lose the very core of why Torchwood was created.

Granted cast members are going to eventually seek other work and wish to move on, but the key to keeping the ball in the game is to make it work! Hell, SG-1 did it for ten years, and through all the ups and downs, the ins and outs, it worked, and it was great. All thanks to a dedicated cast and crew and producers.

Russell T better not ruin the franchise with such drastic decisions, or else award-winning British sci-fi will be gone as quickly as it came.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
            Don't mess with a good thing!
            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Episode 12 Synopsis
              Spoiler:

Title: Fragments
              A booby-trapped building explodes and knocks the team unconscious, as Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies's award-winning drama continues. As each team member's life flashes before their eyes, viewers learn how each of them was recruited to Torchwood: Captain Jack was initiated into a shocked Victorian Torchwood in 1899; Toshiko went on a daring mission to trade alien technology for her mother's life; Ianto wooed Jack with coffee and a flair for alien-catching; and Owen had a medical revelation that changed how he saw the world.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Question?

I know that there's been talk of a series 3 of Torchwood. But has the BBC made any announcement that they have already approved said same?

Comment

IF magazine has a two-part interview with Naoko Mori (s2 spoilers)

NAOKO MORI & TOSHIKO'S BROKEN HEART ON 'TORCHWOOD'- PART 1

NAOKO MORI ON 'TORCHWOOD' & NO MORE AB FAB - PART 2

excerpt
                  Spoiler:
                  "iF: Everyone besides Gwen seems very unlucky in love. Do you get tired of Toshiko never getting a happy ending?

MORI: I love Tosh and I love playing Tosh and sometimes I look at her and wanna kick her because she is saying and doing things I don’t agree with. It’s all part and parcel with her and it’s what makes Tosh, Tosh. I think what happens with people who have been very academic tend to let their personal life fall by the wayside because they’re concentrating so much and I think that’s typical of being that kind of person. She’s a late bloomer and perhaps she is now going through, not really puberty or her teenage years, but she is developing and coming out of her shell like we all do in life. Yes, it’s been one disastrous relationship after another and she’s learning and she still battles on. She’s really been trying, but she has been very unlucky at love. I do feel for her. "
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                    Question?

I know that there's been talk of a series 3 of Torchwood. But has the BBC made any announcement that they have already approved said same?
                    If there's been one I haven't come across it yet.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

More info on the TW Convention "The Rift"
                      "For the first time, Torchwood is set to get a convention all to itself, and it’s coming up very soon. For on 26th April 2008 – that’s a Saturday – there’s a one-day event called The Rift being organised, and tickets are on sale for it now.

Taking place at Porchester Hall in Central London, the guest list is already hugely impressive. From behind the camera there’s producer Richard Stoke, producer and lead writer Chris Chibnall, and Torchwood/Doctor Who/even Den of Geek once writer James Moran too.

From in front of the camera, there’s Eve Myles (who plays Gwen Cooper), Alan Dale (who was a guest star in Neighbours, but has also turned up in the likes of 24, Lost and Ugly Betty) and Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones). There’ll be the opportunity to get autographs, take photos ad enjoy Q&A sessions and panel discussions.

On top of those, there’s also James Marsters, who will be ending the evening by giving a live concert.

The premium tickets for the event have quickly sold out, but gold tickets are still available. They cost £80, and for that you’ll get entry to the convention, entry to the evening concert, and autographs from Chris Chibnall, James Moran, James Marsters and Gareth David-Lloyd. Plus you’ll get to attend all of the Q&As.

To book your ticket you need to head over to www.jamesmarsterslive.com."

source: Den Of Geek
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                        Episode 12 Synopsis
                        Spoiler:

Title: Fragments
                        A booby-trapped building explodes and knocks the team unconscious, as Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies's award-winning drama continues. As each team member's life flashes before their eyes, viewers learn how each of them was recruited to Torchwood: Captain Jack was initiated into a shocked Victorian Torchwood in 1899; Toshiko went on a daring mission to trade alien technology for her mother's life; Ianto wooed Jack with coffee and a flair for alien-catching; and Owen had a medical revelation that changed how he saw the world.
                        Hmm, very "Out of Gas"...

Comment

Torchwood Easter: "Out Of The Rain" and "Adrift"

The BBC Press Office today confirms that we'll be getting an additional helping of Torchwood this Easter - as two episodes air during the television week of 15th till the 21st March. On the 19th, viewers can catch "Out of the Rain" on BBC Two - and two days later, Good Friday, the next episode "Adrift" follows!

The synopsis for "Out of the Rain" reads:
                          Spoiler:
                          "When an old cinema re-opens, past horrors emerge to stalk the streets of Cardiff. As bodies are found, in a state between life and death, Torchwood must act fast. Who are the Night Travellers? And how can Torchwood capture these mysterious killers?"

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know about "Adrift":
                          Spoiler:
                          "When a local teenager disappears, Gwen is drawn into an investigation that reveals a darker side of Torchwood. Hundreds of people have disappeared without trace, but Jack is obstructing attempts to find them. The answer seems to lie in the rift – literally – and as Gwen follows the trail, she makes a shocking discovery."

The fact that two episodes are airing so close to one another has lead some internet forums to speculate that the show may be taking a one week break from our screens (possibly due to a sporting event) or the show could be wrapping up a week earlier than expected, in anticipation of Doctor Who's fourth season return."

source: Torchwood TV
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood has strong ratings, is the number one hit on BBC America and had one of the fastest growing fandoms. I think we don't have to worry about a third series. IMO it is a given that there will be more Torchwood in the future.
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Season two finale synopsis:
                              Spoiler:
                              Exit Wounds
                              Captain John Hart returns to have his revenge on Torchwood in the concluding episode of Doctor Who writer Russell Davies's award-winning drama.
                              Taking Captain Jack prisoner, he sends him back in time for a long overdue reunion. Without their leader, Torchwood are faced with a city flooded with Weevils, on the brink of destruction. But who is Captain John really working for? Can anyone trust him? And how great a price must Torchwood pay to save the city?

Cool.

The series is moving to Fridays for the last few episodes, it's not just a one-off for Good Friday, which means Exit Wounds is on BBC3 on Friday March 28, and BBC2 on April 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                                Season two finale synopsis:
                                Spoiler:
                                Exit Wounds
                                Captain John Hart returns to have his revenge on Torchwood in the concluding episode of Doctor Who writer Russell Davies's award-winning drama.
                                Taking Captain Jack prisoner, he sends him back in time for a long overdue reunion. Without their leader, Torchwood are faced with a city flooded with Weevils, on the brink of destruction. But who is Captain John really working for? Can anyone trust him? And how great a price must Torchwood pay to save the city?

Cool.

The series is moving to Fridays for the last few episodes, it's not just a one-off for Good Friday, which means Exit Wounds is on BBC3 on Friday March 28, and BBC2 on April 4.
                                I so hate it when there's
                                Spoiler:
                                "a price to pay" *clings to Ianto*
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X