Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*slinks in... drops off pressy*

here ya'll go

enjoy.... just keep my name on it if you want to snurch it..
    sigpic

Comment

Nice siggy, CKO.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

thx glad ya like...

*giggles*i bought S1 on DVD.... up to the 5th ep.... just finished watchin Cyberwoman... damn i did like that little kiss/breath of life between Ianto/Jack... very lovely.
        sigpic

Comment

Excerpt from DW magazine:
          Spoiler:
          JB on Jack and commitments
          “Is there someone out there for Jack? Who’s ‘The One’”? “I’ve never analyzed that,” admits John, “because what helps me play Jack is the fact that he likes everybody, and his love for each person is different. For instance, in my eyes, he does fancy the Doctor, but he would never take that beyond infatuation. As he said to Martha, he would never let the Doctor know. On the other hand, Jack’s love for Ianto is almost...it’s kind of lustful. But I don’t think he’d settle down with Ianto. He might do, but he’d let Ianto know that he [Jack] has to play around on the side. If he’d commit to Gwen, however, he knows that he’d have to commit completely. That’s what makes him fearful of going there. She’d let him flirt, but he could never afford to do anything more with anybody else.

I think he fancies Martha too. He likes her tenacity, her in-your-faceness. He likes her because she’ll spat with him. When he says something flirtatious to her, she’ll turn around and say, “You haven’t got it yet, Jack? You’re still sitting on the fence? You’re waiting for it, huh?” She’ll be snappy with him. There are all these different elements of love...even with Toshiko, although it was more of a fatherly kind of love with Toshiko and Owen, I think. He was guiding them. That’s why it was so devastating for him to lose them. So...to answer your question, I don’t think Jack has “The One”. I don’t think there’s a single person that he’d settle down with. He’s a rogue. Plus, he’s immortal – that’s why he doesn’t commit. He always loses them. He outlives them. They die. He watches them get old. That bothered him in Series One, but now he’s come to terms with that, I think...so he just sleeps around!”

There's some really interesting discussion in the comments. Check it out it's worth it. link
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
            Excerpt from DW magazine:
            Spoiler:
            JB on Jack and commitments
            “Is there someone out there for Jack? Who’s ‘The One’”? “I’ve never analyzed that,” admits John, “because what helps me play Jack is the fact that he likes everybody, and his love for each person is different. For instance, in my eyes, he does fancy the Doctor, but he would never take that beyond infatuation. As he said to Martha, he would never let the Doctor know. On the other hand, Jack’s love for Ianto is almost...it’s kind of lustful. But I don’t think he’d settle down with Ianto. He might do, but he’d let Ianto know that he [Jack] has to play around on the side. If he’d commit to Gwen, however, he knows that he’d have to commit completely. That’s what makes him fearful of going there. She’d let him flirt, but he could never afford to do anything more with anybody else.

I think he fancies Martha too. He likes her tenacity, her in-your-faceness. He likes her because she’ll spat with him. When he says something flirtatious to her, she’ll turn around and say, “You haven’t got it yet, Jack? You’re still sitting on the fence? You’re waiting for it, huh?” She’ll be snappy with him. There are all these different elements of love...even with Toshiko, although it was more of a fatherly kind of love with Toshiko and Owen, I think. He was guiding them. That’s why it was so devastating for him to lose them. So...to answer your question, I don’t think Jack has “The One”. I don’t think there’s a single person that he’d settle down with. He’s a rogue. Plus, he’s immortal – that’s why he doesn’t commit. He always loses them. He outlives them. They die. He watches them get old. That bothered him in Series One, but now he’s come to terms with that, I think...so he just sleeps around!”

There's some really interesting discussion in the comments. Check it out it's worth it. link
            LOL! I am really glad John is not one of the writers. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              I was talking more about Lisa not what she became. I just found that character unbelievable as someone Ianto would have fallen so desperately in love with.... Yeah, I know, love is unpredictable. Still... her!? Never!
              i get what you're saying WC, but how much of the real Lisa did we actually get to see? i actually can't remember a single moment of real Lisa, so unless my TW knowledge has abandoned me, we really don't know who Lisa Hallet was... and don't say we saw her in End of Days b/c we really didn't... that was an illusion formed by Billis.... so really all we ever really know about Lisa is that Ianto liked her and she died as a half converted Cyberman....
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! I am really glad John is not one of the writers. Nuff said.
                lol me too!

thanks for the info and link zuz. i really like that JB has thought about his character and his relationships.

for CKO:

"victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                  lol me too!

thanks for the info and link zuz. i really like that JB has thought about his character and his relationships.

for CKO:
                  Spoiler:

Was this the scene where the prank was pulled?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                    i get what you're saying WC, but how much of the real Lisa did we actually get to see? i actually can't remember a single moment of real Lisa, so unless my TW knowledge has abandoned me, we really don't know who Lisa Hallet was... and don't say we saw her in End of Days b/c we really didn't... that was an illusion formed by Billis.... so really all we ever really know about Lisa is that Ianto liked her and she died as a half converted Cyberman....
                    I agree we were not given a lot to go on, you make a good point but I just don't see Ianto with this person, also given the lengths he went to... it seems like it was infatuation not love and whatever she did to cause those feelings, I don't know, I just know I don't buy it. Actually I don't buy her as a Cyberwomen, I just felt it was the wrong actress in the role full stop.

Comment

thx for the caps they are very lovely *grins*
                      sigpic

Comment

*drops off another wp.*

ya'lls know the drill..

CLICKIES

snurchin is allowed.... just keep my name on it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                          Was this the scene where the prank was pulled?
                          i thought that was in s2 Adam.... there was supposed to be a kiss at the end of the Janto hug before jack broke out the lie detector, but was later cut b/c it detracted from the overall emotion of the scene

I agree we were not given a lot to go on, you make a good point but I just don't see Ianto with this person, also given the lengths he went to... it seems like it was infatuation not love and whatever she did to cause those feelings, I don't know, I just know I don't buy it. Actually I don't buy her as a Cyberwomen, I just felt it was the wrong actress in the role full stop.
                          ita... a different actress would have really punched out the feeling... but RTD was more concerned with the costumes than the casting unfortunately.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            i thought that was in s2 Adam.... there was supposed to be a kiss at the end of the Janto hug before jack broke out the lie detector, but was later cut b/c it detracted from the overall emotion of the scene
                            ....well i'm thinking of the prank which john stated in his book. The one where the director didn't call cut when they were doing the kiss. What are you thinking of?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                              ....well i'm thinking of the prank which john stated in his book. The one where the director didn't call cut when they were doing the kiss. What are you thinking of?
                              that same one...
                              sigpic

Comment

well made another wp

what can ya say..

at times... i am in a creative mood,

anyway... ya'lls know the drill

snurchin is allowed... just keep my name on it

CLICKIES!

ENJOY!
                                sigpic