No announcement yet.

The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is always nice to have two lead actors and at least one of the producers on board with "your" ship/slash pairing in a show. Although RTD still seems to have the final say on things. I am kind of surprised he never talks about Jack/Ianto... do you think he feels those who accuse him of a gay agenda would have another go at him if he said he supported the pairing continuing on the show? OR is he just such a big Gwen fan that he wants her to be with the big dam hero in Torchwood?

Anyway... Jack seems very happy with Ianto and Ianto seems really happy with Jack AND we are happy! LOL

I am incredibly happy!

Finally a show that is watchable, where the main male characters are together AND it isn't a big huge freaking deal on the show... times *I hope* are changing.

For those who hate discussion and just want the purty.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Comment

i've read though this thread... interesting to say the least... (what i have dial up = no way to see the eps.) oh should i've managed to see parts of the series... i could easily get hooked

anyway..

drops of pretty.

what?

ya'lls do love wallpapers.

as with everything...snurch away... just keep my name on it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
        drops of pretty.

what?

ya'lls do love wallpapers.

as with everything...snurch away... just keep my name on it
        Oh yes love wallpapers I really love the image in the right hand corner... any idea what ep that is from? With them both basically wearing the same clothes every ep, it is hard to tell! lol Is it from Cyberwomen? Looks like Jack is confronting Ianto... *grrlll*

Comment

nope... i've look though the pics on the thread and snurched away.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            Oh yes love wallpapers I really love the image in the right hand corner... any idea what ep that is from? With them both basically wearing the same clothes every ep, it is hard to tell! lol Is it from Cyberwomen? Looks like Jack is confronting Ianto... *grrlll*
            Yup, it's from Cyberwoman.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I've run through my TW folder and digged out more promo stills from Cyberwoman. Enjoy.

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                Yup, it's from Cyberwoman.

Thanks! You know until I really *really* started to get into Jack/Ianto I didn't think much of Cyberwomen but now... it hits all my slashy buttons! Also I guess we could say that it does have the first "kiss" between them. Actually to be honest I think it was that moment where I started to believe in the power of Janto to turn series one from *meh* to Wow! *is happily shallow*

Comment

Thanks! You know until I really *really* started to get into Jack/Ianto I didn't think much of Cyberwomen but now... it hits all my slashy buttons! Also I guess we could say that it does have the first "kiss" between them. Actually to be honest I think it was that moment where I started to believe in the power of Janto to turn series one from *meh* to Wow! *is happily shallow*
                  I think that Cyberwoman would have been much better without the "sexed-up" cybergirl costume. Metalic high-heeled shoes?! Oh please. I was too busy rolling my eyes everytime the cyberbabe appeared on screen to appreciate some of the finer points the writers were trying to make about Jack and Ianto relationship.
                  Last edited by zuz; 03 August 2008, 03:08 AM.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Yes sadly it was really only in the re-watching of it, after series two, where I can find the happy slashiness in Cyberwomen as an episode. Fragments certainly helped with that ( a lot!) LOL It all started to make some kind of weird sense, only not so much with the sex-doll type image of the CW creation. That is still really daft. I have no idea what Chris Chibnall was on or what he was thinking. Actually he wrote the other bad ep with the sex gas-monster thing.

Yes he also wrote Fragments and this series finales. *shrugs* I guess you can't be on game all the time when it comes to writing TV eps.

Helen Raynor certainly redeemed herself in my eyes with "To the last Man" but "Daleks in Manhattan" still stinks.

I just hope Catherine Tregenna keeps writing for the show, she has been good for Jack/Ianto or just Jack and kissing hot guys really.

Comment

I have no idea what Chris Chibnall was on or what he was thinking.
                      from what i recall on the BTS featurette on Cyberwoman, he was doing exactly what he was told; RTD wanted to have a sexy robotic half-dressed woman. i can't remember the exact quote, but there was something about wanting her on a poster above tennage boys beds.

oh boy, i haven't seen Cyberwoman in such a long time. i really must watch it again, i'm sure there's so many little bits i've missed
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Oooh, i likey!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            from what i recall on the BTS featurette on Cyberwoman, he was doing exactly what he was told; RTD wanted to have a sexy robotic half-dressed woman. i can't remember the exact quote, but there was something about wanting her on a poster above tennage boys beds.
                            Ah, I do remember hearing RTD say that, or something similar in an interview. Still. Chris could have put more personality into the women, or maybe it was just the actor, I felt even with the "look" she could have been... better as a villain/women/cyberwomen. Lots of shows give the guys (and the girls that way inclined) something to look at but can still manage to give many of those characters personalities, Lisa even as human seemed very stupid and not the "type" of person I would have thought then; never mind now, Ianto would have fallen for... she just never worked on any level really.

Lets just hope they never go there again.

Comment

i agree with what you're saying, but on the other hand how much personality can a half-cyberised person have?

very nice pic zuz!
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                                i agree with what you're saying, but on the other hand how much personality can a half-cyberised person have?

very nice pic zuz!
                                I was talking more about Lisa not what she became. I just found that character unbelievable as someone Ianto would have fallen so desperately in love with.... Yeah, I know, love is unpredictable. Still... her!? Never!

Comment

Working...
                                X