The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I put that down to Ianto having worked at Torchwood 1, which we already knew because of Lisa (Cyberwomen) Ianto worked in research,
    Spoiler:
    no doubt he has come across Jack's name more than once. Jack also did his own research on Ianto, he no doubt also jumped to the same conclusion... Ianto knew about Torchwood Cardiff, ergo he must know about Jack.
    fair point but the other could have done the same research, but they don't know...

Ianto in Fragments was brilliant, my only complaint is that there wasn't enough of him (and Jack).
    there is always something *lol* But I'm glad

Spoiler:
    the Ianto bit was the funny one Not to speak of wet!Jack in his flashback...

As for Adrift... well what is there to say
    Spoiler:
    NEKKID! Jack/Ianto doing it! Totally made of win!

*shrugs*

Did anything else happen in the episode?

Didn't think so.
    not that I can remember *snort*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
    Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Spoiler:
      I was a bit annoyed that yes, none of them were that badly injured. Like seriously, how do you figure that out?

But it was awesome.
      Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_angel_42 View Post
        Spoiler:
        I was a bit annoyed that yes, none of them were that badly injured. Like seriously, how do you figure that out?
        I know! It was like...
        Spoiler:
        Capt John used the weakest bombs on Earth 'cause all of them were practically standing on top of the bombs when they went off! Only Jack appears to have died... but he doesn't count! lol

But it was awesome.
        I have so much love for both "Adrift" & "Fragments". Not just Ianto/Jack kinda love either. I can't believe we are almost at the end of the series.

Some pics *spoilers* for Adrift & Fragments.

Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe the entire team is more immortal than we thought...

Hmm...

One word - lots of hype - COFFEE!!!

Comment

Vid rec

Break My Fall
            by Mirien.
            Song: Break My Fall by Breaking Benjamin. Spoilers up to 2x12.
            Not your average Janto vid. No mushy song. The lyrics fits the pairing perfectly. Lots of action esp at the beginning. Great editing, a few interesting effects (I esp loved the coloring of some of the clips). And emo!Ianto at the end... This vid is made of win.
            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

It is pretty good but she overdid it with the effects IMO. Since I am a vidder myself I am a bit hard to please and IMO this video would have been great with less effects. It looks overloaded to me. One of my favourite Torchwood vids is a series one vid and also a general vid but well done.

Hole - Dying by Cherry
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                It is pretty good but she overdid it with the effects IMO. Since I am a vidder myself I am a bit hard to please and IMO this video would have been great with less effects. It looks overloaded to me. One of my favourite Torchwood vids is a series one vid and also a general vid but well done.

Hole - Dying by Cherry
                I agree with you that there may be too many effects. But I absolutely adore the coloring (have no idea how it was done though) and the fact it's not mushy and more action-like which is almost a rarity nowadays (I normally like romantic vids but I guess I'm not in the right mood for them today ).

As for the vid you recommended, there were sequences I loved esp in the second half of the vid. But there were moments I felt like there was too much going on on the screen, too much to take in at once. I guess, this is one of those vids that gets better after rewatching, gives you a chance to enjoy the details that escaped your notice the first time round. Nice song, never heard it before. Overall, I liked it a lot.

Do you have more recs to share? And what about your very own vids, any TW ones?
                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I know! It was like...
                  Spoiler:
                  Capt John used the weakest bombs on Earth 'cause all of them were practically standing on top of the bombs when they went off! Only Jack appears to have died... but he doesn't count! lol

I have so much love for both "Adrift" & "Fragments". Not just Ianto/Jack kinda love either. I can't believe we are almost at the end of the series.

Some pics *spoilers* for Adrift & Fragments.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Totally the weakest bombs on earth. lmao. But maybe it was a special bomb because John needs their help. Why kill the people you want to help you? lmao.

Yesh. *Sigh* It's gone by so fast. But it's been goooodddd.

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                  Vid rec

Break My Fall
                  by Mirien.
                  Not your average Janto vid. No mushy song. The lyrics fits the pairing perfectly. Lots of action esp at the beginning. Great editing, a few interesting effects (I esp loved the coloring of some of the clips). And emo!Ianto at the end... This vid is made of win.
                  I LOVE this vid. Totally awesome.
                  Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Vid rec

Break My Fall
                    by Mirien.
                    you beat me to it *lol* I watched it this afternoon and was going to rec it now I really like it!

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                    Visit me at my LJ

Comment

I got it from LJ and was like Woah.

My IJ

Comment

Vid reccing......only one more.

Set The Fire To The Third Bar vid by se

Also only series one and a bit dark....as if the other one was a light one o_O
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Vid reccing......only one more.

Set The Fire To The Third Bar vid by se

Also only series one and a bit dark....as if the other one was a light one o_O
                          Oooh. That is a good one. Very nice.

My IJ

Comment

It is pretty good but she overdid it with the effects IMO. Since I am a vidder myself I am a bit hard to please and IMO this video would have been great with less effects. It looks overloaded to me.
                            Well as a vidder myself... oh yeah I loved Mirien's vid, I see nothing wrong with going all out once and a while with the transitions and effects, often guilty of it myself! Plus the song rocks!

Comment

I agree with you that there may be too many effects. But I absolutely adore the coloring (have no idea how it was done though) and the fact it's not mushy and more action-like which is almost a rarity nowadays (I normally like romantic vids but I guess I'm not in the right mood for them today ).

As for the vid you recommended, there were sequences I loved esp in the second half of the vid. But there were moments I felt like there was too much going on on the screen, too much to take in at once. I guess, this is one of those vids that gets better after rewatching, gives you a chance to enjoy the details that escaped your notice the first time round. Nice song, never heard it before. Overall, I liked it a lot.

Do you have more recs to share? And what about your very own vids, any TW ones?
                              I am working on TW vid but it will take a while. I have reached a certain level were I am not easily pleased anymore with my vids and it takes a while until I am finished. Last year I only did one or two.

I don't know what you mean by colouring. I saw only the use of the desaturation filter. From all I could tell she also used Sony Vegas (I love that prog - easier to use then Premiere and never froze on me) and I couldn't see any use of After Effects on it o_O

You don't know Hole? Hole was the band of Courtney Love.

I haven't done any DW or TW vids yet but lots of other stuff. Most of them are availble there but not all. The newest ones there are BSG, House and my Harry Potter GoF trailer.

http://www.geocities.com/buffysweetsurender/music.html

Regarding my newest one, the one I worked on last year - you are in luck. Thanks to a vidder friend who was also fed up with YouTube, I found a different site and I just uploaded the vid today for a friend of mine.

http://www.vimeo.com/817131

password: greghouse
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Well as a vidder myself... oh yeah I loved Mirien's vid, I see nothing wrong with going all out once and a while with the transitions and effects, often guilty of it myself! Plus the song rocks!
                                I am a bit old fashioned there. I enjoy great editing but there are vids out there were people really seem to use every transition effect, filtre and what not in one video, this plus fast cutting just puts me off. I guess I regard transitions, effects and filtres like good parfume or spices. Used sparingly they can enhance, use too much and it is spoiled.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X