X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phibi View Post
    Something borrowed

Spoiler:
    oh thank you PTB for that episode!! After all the heavy stuff in the previous episodes I was craving for a lighter one and I got it

and sooooo many Jack/Ianto bits the little scene in Jack's office when they discuss bride's dresses, the sort of jealous reaction when Ianto agrees with Owen, Jack's remark what he will do when Gwen is on her honeymoon.. "Pizza and Ianto" and of course Ianto interrupting Jack and Gwen to dance with Jack!!!!

Oh squeeeee, my slasher heart is jumping joyfully up and down

yep yep yep and don't forget

Spoiler:
    the little scene in which Ianto helps Jack into his jacket! That was so intimate. I also loved the fact, that we learned a bit more about Ianto's past and the whole scene in the bridal shop was a hoot. "I am looking for a wedding dress for a friend." "Of course you are." God RIGHT at that moment I picture Ianto in that dress in front of Jack :headdesk: LMAO

no but really I totally enjoyed the episode!
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Hmm, I just watched "Something borrowed"...I like it a lot!

However: *sorry it is rather long-winded*
      Spoiler:
      before I had watched it I went on line *as you do* to read some fan reviews of the episode and while most were rating this a good episode there were also some who were concerned about Jack's treatment of Ianto. Some were really angry.

Having seen the episode now I am none the wiser as to why they were so upset... unless of course
      Spoiler:

they actually think tptb are going to SHIP Jack/Ianto to the hilt, that they think tptb will ignore the fact Jack flirts (and by flirt I mean sleeps with) almost anyone he wants to!

I saw the wedding photo Jack had of himself and whoever his wife was, but so what? That was years ago.

Seriously if the reason for some of the neg comments in the reviews I read about Jack were because this show isn't gay enough? Isn't pushing the envelope enough in that area... that Ianto only said they "dabble" not they are in love... well what do folks want? Hearts and flowers? A civil ceremony? Really?

Jack asked Ianto out on a date in the first episode, they have kissed, Jack trusted Ianto so much (Adam) that he wasn't willing to believe what was in front of his eyes (rightly so) and it is Ianto that Jack *I am sure* cuddled up to after the Wedding, not Gwen!

For me that is enough, that is a whole lot of enough. It certainly is more then I get on 99% of other TV shows where I slash characters and if in canon it all falls into a big heap then I will do what I do with 99% of the other shows... slash them anyway!

I see no down side here.

And yeah they dance, it was not as good as the dance in "Capt Jack Harkness" and they don't kiss but it was better then nothing, it was great!

See!

ITA!!!! I think the fandom is just too spoiled by now and getting just plain greedy LOL I am happy with what I have gotten so far too, because as you have already pointed out - this is more then we have gotten or will get from 99% of the other shows on air and most shows won't even go there. I mean come on. Normally we are already ready to open a bottle of champaign when there are deep, meaningfull glances and maybe a little touch and "Torchwood" gives us so much more.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post

Spoiler:
        the little scene in which Ianto helps Jack into his jacket! That was so intimate. I also loved the fact, that we learned a bit more about Ianto's past and the whole scene in the bridal shop was a hoot. "I am looking for a wedding dress for a friend." "Of course you are." God RIGHT at that moment I picture Ianto in that dress in front of Jack :headdesk: LMAO

Ooh. I so agree with you.

I was actually talking about TW at lunch today and kinda of explained the bridal shop thing and the guy totally laughed.

Since we started to work he has to endure my chatting about TW the next day. lmao. He doesn't mind that much... I think. lol.

ITA!!!! I think the fandom is just toospiled by now and they are just plain greedy now. I am happy with what I have too because as you have already pointed out - this is more then we have gotten fromm 99% of the shows and most shows won't even go there. I mean come on. We are already ready to open a bottle of champaign when there are deep, meaningfull glances and maybe a little touch and "Torchwood" gives us so much more.
        Oh yes. I so agree. So agree.
        Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

in other shows we're lucky if one of the pair acts a little camp and actually have to look for the subtext... Torchwood spoils us rotten with all its on-screen goodies.... people who are demanding more need to get their heads outta their arses and be thankful for what the ptb give us....
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
            in other shows we're lucky if one of the pair acts a little camp and actually have to look for the subtext... Torchwood spoils us rotten with all its on-screen goodies.... people who are demanding more need to get their heads outta their arses and be thankful for what the ptb give us....
            Yes, totally.

We should be happy with what we're getting.

And like I've always said, I don't suddenly want them like flaunting a fully formed relationship.

Jack left for like how long and there are obviously issues, and it's not gonna be all sunshine and puppies.

I like the little bits we get. It just make me a fangirly and happy.
            Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Spoiler:

oh yes!

Spoiler:
              the bridal shop! prizeless... and I just love gareth's acting. he doesn't even have to say anything, it's just the look he gives and it has me cracking up *lol*

hm, I'm actually picturing Ianto in tight jeans and a black shirt in front of jack's desk.... oh I better not go there... too late.... *happy sigh*

and for the record.. I'm savoring every little bit of canon!Janto they give us and treasure it! I'm still getting used to the fact that there is actually a show that shows my fangirlish dreams on screen *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

loved something borrowed

Spoiler:

couldn't stop giggling OMFG! the bridal shop lol! That ones going down as one of my favourite eps. I can see why people are upset and angry over Jack's way with other people that he likes. When he looked over to Gwen when dancing with Ianto, i wanted to hit him and tell him to appreicate the lovelyness that he's already got. But that might be cos i love Ianto

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_angel_42 View Post
                  do you think willow'scat that they haven't slept together yet?
                  Of course they have slept together, where did I say they hadn't? I was just pointing out the on-screen stuff that we do not need to imagine, do not need to rely purely on fanfics to give us, the stuff that proves that this show is not trying to shy away from the big gay love!

We get kissing, dancing, dates... now that in canon for me is even better then seeing the flesh on flesh (not that I would say no to seeing the flesh on flesh ). To me for a couple in a M/M relationship to be dating, kissing and dancing on-screen is the best thing ever, it is in many ways a chaste thing that many heterosexuals wouldn't say is what being gay is about, so I think it is a good thing. I think showing even Jack can be romantic, that it isn't all about sex for him... or them, well I think that is the best thing a show like Torchwood can do for *examples* of gay relationships on TV.

It is being political without actually being political.

(When I say gay I mean whatever the frak these two are, omnisexual, gay!curious, whatever!)

Comment

heh. Okay. I agree. lol.

My IJ

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      Of course they have slept together, where did I say they hadn't? I was just pointing out the on-screen stuff that we do not need to imagine, do not need to rely purely on fanfics to give us, the stuff that proves that this show is not trying to shy away from the big gay love!

We get kissing, dancing, dates... now that in canon for me is even better then seeing the flesh on flesh (not that I would say no to seeing the flesh on flesh ). To me for a couple in a M/M relationship to be dating, kissing and dancing on-screen is the best thing ever, it is in many ways a chaste thing that many heterosexuals wouldn't say is what being gay is about, so I think it is a good thing. I think showing even Jack can be romantic, that it isn't all about sex for him... or them, well I think that is the best thing a show like Torchwood can do for *examples* of gay relationships on TV.

It is being political without actually being political.

(When I say gay I mean whatever the frak these two are, omnisexual, gay!curious, whatever!)
                      I agree. Totally and I think that is also probably that John likes about the show
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

found this wonderful fan article about Janto on LJ and thought i'd share... spoilers thru 2.09 http://crabby-lioness.livejournal.com/33219.html
                        sigpic

Comment

saw something blue today,

Spoiler:
                          i thought the dance scene was so cute! the way they held hands? so adorable i could die!

even though there was some shippy jack/gwen moments, i still see their relationship as friendly. i think i've said this before, but i think jack sees her as a confidant, someone he can open up to and talk to. we all know how jack operates, flirting and physical touching is the way he shows affection. i think gwen is the only one of the bunch who woudn't fall for jacks way and sleep with him; she's just as stubborn as he
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            saw something blue today,

Spoiler:
                            i thought the dance scene was so cute! the way they held hands? so adorable i could die!

even though there was some shippy jack/gwen moments, i still see their relationship as friendly. i think i've said this before, but i think jack sees her as a confidant, someone he can open up to and talk to. we all know how jack operates, flirting and physical touching is the way he shows affection. i think gwen is the only one of the bunch who woudn't fall for jacks way and sleep with him; she's just as stubborn as he
                            Spoiler:

I see the gwen/jack thing as a brother/sister sort of relationship. They're too similar and close to be a couple but still love eachother. Sort of like Daniel/sam in SG1 (don't kill me if you ship them!). They don't want to risk their friendship by taking it farther. Jack loves everyone on his team in their own different way IMO.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                              Spoiler:

I see the gwen/jack thing as a brother/sister sort of relationship. They're too similar and close to be a couple but still love eachother. Sort of like Daniel/sam in SG1 (don't kill me if you ship them!). They don't want to risk their friendship by taking it farther. Jack loves everyone on his team in their own different way IMO.
                              Spoiler:
                              personally, i think there's too much flirting for me to see it as a brother/sister relationship, but i agree with you on jack loving everyone in their own way.
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                                Spoiler:

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                personally, i think there's too much flirting for me to see it as a brother/sister relationship, but i agree with you on jack loving everyone in their own way.
                                Spoiler:
                                in a lot of the fanfics i've been reading, they allude gwen to rose... which i can see some of the time...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X