The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonely_angel_42 View Post

And to be on topic, how much do I love that something I ship is finally canon? lol.
    i know! it's about time

"victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_angel_42 View Post
      And to be on topic, how much do I love that something I ship is finally canon? lol.
      Oh it makes me so incredibly happy. I have shipped (not on line just in my head ) official pairings in the past on shows but somehow this pairing means more to me, in a not at all pathetic fandom kind of way.

Comment

Hehe.

I think I get it.
        Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Vid Rec *sorry if someone already posted it*

Ianto & Jack Coffee by KellyC84

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

ohhh that was a very nice one! don't know if it has been posted before but it's the first i've seen it
            "what?"
            *throat punch*

Comment

prefect song but not the best editing. still worth watching, got some great scenes in.

This one's nice and it's John singing Heaven so extra goodness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_P8...eature=related
              Last edited by Red Phoniex; 04 March 2008, 03:13 AM.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post

This one's nice and it's John singing Heaven so extra goodness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_P8...eature=related
                that one is good, excpet it has my one pet peeve; repeat clips, using the same clip more than once turns me off a video right away.

"what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
                  prefect song but not the best editing. still worth watching, got some great scenes in.

I can see that (editing) but I think some of it is to do with Youtube. It is just such a crap site for hosting.

Comment

Something borrowed

Spoiler:
                    oh thank you PTB for that episode!! After all the heavy stuff in the previous episodes I was craving for a lighter one and I got it

and sooooo many Jack/Ianto bits the little scene in Jack's office when they discuss bride's dresses, the sort of jealous reaction when Ianto agrees with Owen, Jack's remark what he will do when Gwen is on her honeymoon.. "Pizza and Ianto" and of course Ianto interrupting Jack and Gwen to dance with Jack!!!!

Oh squeeeee, my slasher heart is jumping joyfully up and down

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                    Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                      Something borrowed

Spoiler:
                      oh thank you PTB for that episode!! After all the heavy stuff in the previous episodes I was craving for a lighter one and I got it

and sooooo many Jack/Ianto bits the little scene in Jack's office when they discuss bride's dresses, the sort of jealous reaction when Ianto agrees with Owen, Jack's remark what he will do when Gwen is on her honeymoon.. "Pizza and Ianto" and of course Ianto interrupting Jack and Gwen to dance with Jack!!!!

Oh squeeeee, my slasher heart is jumping joyfully up and down
                      oooh! can't wait to watch it myself... thanks for the heads up!
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I just watched "Something borrowed"...I like it a lot!

However: *sorry it is rather long-winded*
                        Spoiler:
                        before I had watched it I went on line *as you do* to read some fan reviews of the episode and while most were rating this a good episode there were also some who were concerned about Jack's treatment of Ianto. Some were really angry.

Having seen the episode now I am none the wiser as to why they were so upset... unless of course
                        Spoiler:

they actually think tptb are going to SHIP Jack/Ianto to the hilt, that they think tptb will ignore the fact Jack flirts (and by flirt I mean sleeps with) almost anyone he wants to!

I saw the wedding photo Jack had of himself and whoever his wife was, but so what? That was years ago.

Seriously if the reason for some of the neg comments in the reviews I read about Jack were because this show isn't gay enough? Isn't pushing the envelope enough in that area... that Ianto only said they "dabble" not they are in love... well what do folks want? Hearts and flowers? A civil ceremony? Really?

Jack asked Ianto out on a date in the first episode, they have kissed, Jack trusted Ianto so much (Adam) that he wasn't willing to believe what was in front of his eyes (rightly so) and it is Ianto that Jack *I am sure* cuddled up to after the Wedding, not Gwen!

For me that is enough, that is a whole lot of enough. It certainly is more then I get on 99% of other TV shows where I slash characters and if in canon it all falls into a big heap then I will do what I do with 99% of the other shows... slash them anyway!

I see no down side here.

And yeah they dance, it was not as good as the dance in "Capt Jack Harkness" and they don't kiss but it was better then nothing, it was great!

See!

Comment

I was awesome. I liked this ep.

And yes, yes I know that you know maybe they ain't a full blown couple and all that yet, and that Ianto can take care of himself and all that but I still keep thinking I'll be very annoyed if Jack hurts him. lol.

But I never said I wanted a full relationship all of a sudden and you know it be all in our face. I was always for just you know the little touches here and there, a kiss there, etc.

And just *squee*, but do you think willow'scat that they haven't slept together yet? lol. Sure, it hasn't been shown but I doubt they haven't by now. lmao.

They dabble and it borders on avant garde. lol. *Shrugs*

Spoiler:
                          I loved the dance. And the way Gwen thought he waned to dance with her and then he danced with Jack. Heh. Though it was an honest mistake, can't blame her.
                          Last edited by lonely_angel_42; 06 March 2008, 11:45 AM.
                          Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

just finished Something Borrowed... loved the
                            Spoiler:
                            dance scene... that was soo sweet!! and the two second lag where Gwen thought Ianto wanted to dance with her before he latched onto Jack!!!

and then guy at the dress shop was hilarious... and Ianto's parting line about being the Wedding Farie!!!

all in all, a really fun and sweet episode, both for Janto and the for team....
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                              just finished Something Borrowed... loved the
                              Spoiler:
                              dance scene... that was soo sweet!! and the two second lag where Gwen thought Ianto wanted to dance with her before he latched onto Jack!!!

and then guy at the dress shop was hilarious... and Ianto's parting line about being the Wedding Farie!!!

all in all, a really fun and sweet episode, both for Janto and the for team....
                              Hehe.

Same here. I loved what he said about that. I was like hehe.

My IJ

Comment

Hmm, I just watched "Something borrowed"...I like it a lot!

However: *sorry it is rather long-winded*
                                Spoiler:
                                before I had watched it I went on line *as you do* to read some fan reviews of the episode and while most were rating this a good episode there were also some who were concerned about Jack's treatment of Ianto. Some were really angry.

Having seen the episode now I am none the wiser as to why they were so upset... unless of course
                                Spoiler:

they actually think tptb are going to SHIP Jack/Ianto to the hilt, that they think tptb will ignore the fact Jack flirts (and by flirt I mean sleeps with) almost anyone he wants to!

I saw the wedding photo Jack had of himself and whoever his wife was, but so what? That was years ago.

Seriously if the reason for some of the neg comments in the reviews I read about Jack were because this show isn't gay enough? Isn't pushing the envelope enough in that area... that Ianto only said they "dabble" not they are in love... well what do folks want? Hearts and flowers? A civil ceremony? Really?

Jack asked Ianto out on a date in the first episode, they have kissed, Jack trusted Ianto so much (Adam) that he wasn't willing to believe what was in front of his eyes (rightly so) and it is Ianto that Jack *I am sure* cuddled up to after the Wedding, not Gwen!

For me that is enough, that is a whole lot of enough. It certainly is more then I get on 99% of other TV shows where I slash characters and if in canon it all falls into a big heap then I will do what I do with 99% of the other shows... slash them anyway!

I see no down side here.

And yeah they dance, it was not as good as the dance in "Capt Jack Harkness" and they don't kiss but it was better then nothing, it was great!

See!

I agree with you 100% here and still I'm greedy and want more Janto *lol*

but that episode did wonders for my mood and I was all cheered up today *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                                Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X